Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i bought this like a year ago, but my computer sucked and i was playing m+kb. now my computer is good, and i'm playing with a controller.

it's very fun, and it has a good balance between progress over a session, and permanent progress as your upgrade your various items. this is definitely some of the best sidescrolling combat in one of these games that i've played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wormskull posted:

Hm. Yeah, well. This game was the indie darling of Rediscover, a well-known complete dipshit rear end in a top hat. So you know. Good luck OP.

thank you

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

i tried to bump this thread, but it was archived, despite only being on the third page of the forums.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Squeezy Farm posted:

It would be a good game without the roguelite bull poo poo .

tbh, that's how i feel about almost every game in the genre, except for gungeon and spelunky

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
probably not a bad idea to wait, but i'm liking it

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
for what it's worth, it has bloodborne style rally

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i almost beat the imperfect one just now, but he got me on his last sliver of health. it is sort of bullshit that it has bosses where you memorize attack animations, but it takes ~15 minutes to get to them.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i started to get sort of far in this, but the idea of replaying the whole loving game each time is starting to wear on me. these games only work when a run is like ~30 minutes. it's a real shame that they didn't just make this a straight-up SOTN clone, because pretty much everything about combat and movement is wonderful.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i also feel like you're supposed to clear each map to be able to do respectable damage to the bosses. the only time i've beat the first one have been when i've been able to get a decent attack power score.

once again, something that would be much better in a game without procedural generation

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i wish that salt and sanctuary didn't look like complete rear end in a top hat, because it is actually a SOTN clone with dark souls type influences

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

goferchan posted:

I played it a lot because it came out like a week before Dark Souls 3 and it's got some other issues . Weapon movesets are super boring (I guess SOTN didn't have much variety either but the GBA + DS games got better about this) and the lack of an ingame map made no sense and felt like an attempt at aping Souls without understanding why those games don't need a map (because they don't look like boring poo poo + areas generally have well-placed distinctive landmarks)

it was so hard for me to stomach looking at that i didn't really get that far, but i can definitely see how those things would be true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

mysterious loyall X posted:

i bought this for 10 dollars and its hosed up but the combat is actually good. the levels are mostly bad but they serve their purpose i guess (arranging enemies for you to fight or dodge)

enjoy the five hours that it's entertaining for

• Locked thread