Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

the first mysterious package has been sent directly from the place from whence it came.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss

I received a package from Santa today!

well let's find out what the surprise is!

Hell yeah! I love to cook but I've never really had any Russian food. I heard of this restaraunt last time I was in Portland but I was only there for a day and didn't get to check it out.

All of the food is super colorful and looks like fun to make. Like look at this thing

I've always wanted to serve weird soups from a Dr Seuss book

Also "The Dumpling Matrix" is real

There was also a note saying more packages are on the way! Thank you Santa, I look forward to stuffing myself on dumplings after the next time I run to the store!

also re: my Santee, I get paid next Friday (the 8th) so that's when I'll be shipping your presents, hopefully they make it in time for actual Christmas!

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Dec 3, 2017

Robot Made of Meat

deep dish peat moss posted:

I received a package from Santa today!

well let's find out what the surprise is!

Hell yeah! I love to cook but I've never really had any Russian food. I heard of this restaraunt last time I was in Portland but I was only there for a day and didn't get to check it out.

All of the food is super colorful and looks like fun to make. Like look at this thing

I've always wanted to serve weird soups from a Dr Seuss book

Also "The Dumpling Matrix" is real

There was also a note saying more packages are on the way! Thank you Santa, I look forward to stuffing myself on dumplings after the next time I run to the store!

also re: my Santee, I get paid next Friday (the 8th) so that's when I'll be shipping your presents, hopefully they make it in time for actual Christmas!

Woohoo! Chrispness comes early to BYOB!

Very cool gift, and I can say that the Russian foods I've had were all pretty darned tasty (and filling!) Looking forward to a trip report.
[/list]

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

alnilam

The dumpling matrix has you

Robot Made of Meat

Fancy broth with sour cream, please!

Rushi

by Smythe
Ill be sending something at the end of the week c:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I've sent out my digital present and I hope the recipient will enjoy

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Olive! posted:

I've sent out my digital present and I hope the recipient will enjoy

OMG ILU THE MOST

GUYS GUYS MY SANTA IS THE BEST, OLIVE GOT ME STARDEW VALLEY AND ABZU :swoon:

thank you so much, you have no idea how happy this made me. i teared up, i wanted stardew valley so bad. now i can play cute game. :3 and abzu looks loving amazing. it's right up my alley with the weird creatures, the exploration, and the whole theme of "ocean of knowledge." really, really spot on gift for this year's mess of a life. thank you, i owe you so much. you're the best.

deep dish peat moss

Package #2 arrived today and the timing couldn't have been better!

So the russian cookbook had these awesome looking dumpling recipes but they looked like a pain to make by hand, and they suggested using an old soviet tool called a Pelmeni Mold. I was wondering how the heck I was gonna get an old soviet kitchen tool all day but then this showed up!

Thank you Santa! I can't wait to force-feed my family Dumplings this Christmas! I'm going to make some of the beef+pork+veal dumplings this week(end). Santa is killin' it this year :)

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Dec 5, 2017

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
:siren: WATCH YER PACKAGES :siren:

Package theft is real y'all, I ordered something awesome for my Santee, confirmed delivered by UPS, and nowhere to be found.

Fortunately I have plenty of time to get another one, Christmas will be saved, but be careful!

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
I'd like to send an alternate address to fluffie in case my gift hasn't been sent by my Santa yet, I will send a PM now.

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom
Oh no- the deadline has passed.

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
OMG my neighbor had the package! He's very sweet, and very old and forgetful, and had put it away for me :3

I didn't wanna ask at first because I figured someone would tell me if they had it but I did and SCORE!

I still wanna use my alternate addy if it's not too late (pm sent)

Manifisto

for ~reasons~ (mostly having to do with expected delivery dates) the first installment of my gift is coming direct from the source

however, somewhat vexingly, there is no option for a gift message or packing slip, so my santee will see only my real name and not my forum handle (if any packing slip at all is included, which it might not be!)

but hopefully with the foregoing info my santee will be able to put two and two together! the address label will hopefully include a reference to your forums name, that's the best I could do.

ty nesamdoom!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

deep dish peat moss

Dear Santa, my third package arrived but I have not been by to open it! I will very soon.

I couldn't find and of the ingredients I was looking for to make dumplings at my neighborhood cheapo grocery store so I'm going to make a trip to a nice neighborhood and try there soon, I want some gosh dang dumplings!

And to my Santee, your gifts are on their way! It's coming through as three separate packages. One will be there tomorrow and one will be there Monday - the third is coming from a small seller because it's a little hard to find these days and it may be there as late as January 3rd!

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Dec 9, 2017

POOL IS CLOSED

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Snow! :argh: Don't be me - don't slack off.

brought 2 u by Manifisto, mastercraftsposter of sigs

deep dish peat moss

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Snow! :argh: Don't be me - don't slack off.

Yeah, sorry to my Santee but I got an email that the package may not be delivered today because of the weather :shrug:

In other news I made the dumplings and they were really good, and I'm excited to use the pelmeni maker for other things like ravioli too. It was super easy to use!

They're stuffed with beef, pork, veal and onion. I didn't expect to like the secret sauce which is just butter + vinnegar but actually it was delicious and a necessary part of these incredible dumplings.

They were a lot of work to make so I didn't take many pictures. One day I'll make the broth and creme fraiche too, but I'm going to have to take a trip to the russian market way north of me some day to do everything exactly like it should be.

I cooked them for my parents and my dad loved them even though he usually doesn't like fancy meals

The third package was this after-dinner Russian Royal Tea (heh) that unfortunately I didn't get the chance to make tonight, but that's gonna follow it up next time!

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Dec 10, 2017

Robot Made of Meat

deep dish peat moss posted:

Yeah, sorry to my Santee but I got an email that the package may not be delivered today because of the weather :shrug:

In other news I made the dumplings and they were really good, and I'm excited to use the pelmeni maker for other things like ravioli too. It was super easy to use!

They're stuffed with beef, pork, veal and onion. I didn't expect to like the secret sauce which is just butter + vinnegar but actually it was delicious and a necessary part of these incredible dumplings.

They were a lot of work to make so I didn't take many pictures. One day I'll make the broth and creme fraiche too, but I'm going to have to take a trip to the russian market way north of me some day to do everything exactly like it should be.

I cooked them for my parents and my dad loved them even though he usually doesn't like fancy meals

The third package was this after-dinner Russian Royal Tea (heh) that unfortunately I didn't get the chance to make tonight, but that's gonna follow it up next time!

Mmmm! Those dumps look tasty!

Manifisto

oh my goodness! two packages arrived this evening (near 10pm) despite the snow, and I'm blown away by the contents! I will share pictures tomorrow when the light's a little better.

so thank you santa!! the gift cards do not say who the package is from, but deep dish you talked about packages possibly arriving today . . . so perhaps I have you to thank?

ty nesamdoom!

deep dish peat moss

Manifisto posted:

oh my goodness! two packages arrived this evening (near 10pm) despite the snow, and I'm blown away by the contents! I will share pictures tomorrow when the light's a little better.

so thank you santa!! the gift cards do not say who the package is from, but deep dish you talked about packages possibly arriving today . . . so perhaps I have you to thank?

Yes and you're welcome! There are two more on the way :cool:

Manifisto

as promised, a shot of the haul from santa's snowbound deliveries last night!

I'm really excited about these. the art looks gorgeous, and it will be really fun to catch up on what's been going on in the world of graphic novels. deep dish also thoughtfully provided some descriptions of the books.

the planetary omnibus wins lots of impressiveness points for size alone. while I do have a coffee table, it's got a glass top and I don't think I'll be testing its tensile strength with this monster.

thanks again deep dish, I really appreciate the thought you put into picking out interesting stuff!

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

update: another installment has arrived! this one is Saga volume two. this is a crazy amount of gift stuff, I'm blown away!

Robot Made of Meat

Manifisto posted:

update: another installment has arrived! this one is Saga volume two. this is a crazy amount of gift stuff, I'm blown away!

You are good, Manifisto, and you deserve to be blown.

deep dish peat moss

I didn't realize that Planetary book was so huge :kiddo: I hope it's not a pain to read because of it. My plan was to give you the first issue of some of my favorite graphic novels so that you could get your feet wet and see what's out there and keep buying any that intrigued you enough, but Amazon had a sweet deal on that full Omnibus. I think having at least one giant oversized book is just part of having a comic collection anyway.

And for the observers who didn't see the note Saga vol2 was because Volume 1 is short and ends right when it's getting super intriguing :colbert:

vanisher

Package sent!!

City of Glompton

you guys!!! I got a mysterious amazon box today!

inside was this:

and inside that was this:

I'm about to die from cuteness overload. I love it so much! :love:

thank you Rushi! :glomp:

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

POOL IS CLOSED

City of Glompton posted:

inside was this:

:kimchi: Oh my that's just the cutest!

Rushi

by Smythe

City of Glompton posted:

inside was this:

there should be a non amazon one this week :3:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

City of Glompton

:peanut:

alnilam

omg that is simultaneously the most rushi gift and the most CoG gift

POOL IS CLOSED

I sent my Santee's box a full day before the deadline! That's almost like being responsible, right?!

It's supposed to be 2 day shipping, but the post officer said it'd be more like 3 - 4. Also I forgot to include a card. :negative:

FluffieDuckie

alnilam posted:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

City of Glompton posted:

inside was this:

alnilam posted:

dying of joy rn

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

MY COAL BLACK HEART HAS BEEN WARMED BY BYOB and now my chest is on fire i think i am dying help

City of Glompton

my santee's present is on its way! :)

Robot Made of Meat

hamjobs posted:

MY COAL BLACK HEART HAS BEEN WARMED BY BYOB and now my chest is on fire i think i am dying help

The power of 'yob compells you!

alnilam

package status: extremely sent

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

alnilam posted:

sounds like a case of xmas magic

e oh i sended a thing or two today too to a secet santa not santee, tho, thats SC, mine went further southe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Shipped!

• Locked thread