Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manifisto

well the final piece of my package, which was supposed to arrive today so I could ship the whole enchilada out, is apparently going to arrive tomorrow instead

I've already sent/arranged for sending part of my gift, so I have hopefully abided by the rules

but I'm bummed, I spent a good chunk of time getting stuff ready to ship out today

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss

What the heck, the gifts are still coming! I don't know who my Santa is yet but you did an excellent job Santa!!

The only problem is now I have to try Caviar! Oh boy :sweatdrop: I'm still excited to try it, I won't let my unrefined american palate get in the way! Maybe I will use it to make a fancy dinner for a date and seem mega classy.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Dec 14, 2017

Manifisto

the last bit of my gift arrived today :woop: and so my package was sent off! ups claims it will arrive next week, i.e., before xmas.

also! the mailman had another goodie in store for me, in this case yet another wonderful graphic novel from deep dish peat moss!

once again: thank you! I feel like I'm so well-stocked with reading material for the new year. I've started in on saga vol. 1, by the way, and I'm enjoying it so far.

deep dish peat moss posted:

I didn't realize that Planetary book was so huge :kiddo: I hope it's not a pain to read because of it.

the size is great actually! I just hope to one day have a coffee table worthy of it.

ty nesamdoom!

deep dish peat moss

I'm glad you're eager to read them, I went through a big graphic novel phase a couple years ago and these were all the books that got me into it, so it's cool to be able to give someone else all the same books!

Sometimes big huge books can be annoying for comics because it's hard to open them without bending/creasing pages, but then again maybe other people don't go all neanderthal on books like I do.

Edit: Well actually I've never read We3 but I want to. You like animals and I know it's a goon favorite so I figured it was a safe bet.

Here's a goon testimonial!

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

We3 should be used as a textbook on how to convey action with animals. Everything he does is brilliant from conveying their size and speed to how they perceive their environment. He took what was undoubtedly a difficult script and concept and knocked it out of the goddamn park.

The only artist better than Quietly at giving things a sense of scale and power is probably Geoff Darrow and even then he doesn't really have the story telling ability Quietly does.

edit: seriously look at this

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Dec 15, 2017

WindmillSlayer

did anyone get funny joke gifts this year

vanisher

I hope my Santee got their gift, it was supposed to arrive yesterday :ohdear:

alnilam

I want my Santa to know that i got my package and it's incredible!! And i can't wait to post all about it but i have to run rn so I'll post more tomorrow

ilu silyu :glomp:

alnilam

oka yactually i have a little more time so here i go

first of all behold the most decorative I have ever seen a Flat Rate Box be

computer, open box, display message

omg it's from silyu aka city of glompton, one of my oldest bestest yobbers :love: and it sounds like she made most/all of the gifts!! let's see...

this is exactly perfect for me, i guess i mentioned that i wasn't trying to accumulate too much stuff so I really appreciate a bunch of tasty treats!! especially when they are home made and have so much effort

examine if you will the lil stockings down there. You can't quite see it but they say "Penny" and "Pepper" and they contain little candycane-shaped sprigs of what looks like something a chicken would enjoy to snack upon!! (silyu, what exactly is it tho it looks beautiful!!)

witness the two adorable candycane reindeer, with pipe cleaner antlers and googly eyes and red and black noses!

feast your eyes upon the vacuum sealed KARAMEL KORN that I can't wait to feast my mouth upon

and finally... zoom... enhance...

three hocket puck sized/shaped items of a homemade nature. Cookies/cakelets coated in shiny candy/chocolate?? or possibly soap... well i was pretty sure they were soap but i smelled licked one to find out and it tasted kinda good so i took a bite and yeah it's soap lmao, nice prank silyu, the ol soap in the mouth

anyway look at them, they are so pretty omg! two of them have kind of a moorish alhambra sort of thing going on and then what ignites my heart with the warmth of a dozen or so stars but that one of them is decorated with Orion, the constellation my username comes from :love:

one more itam

unroasted coffe! just when i was beginning to run out!!

i think a certain somebody can expect to receive some of these in the mail, roasted, soonish :coffeepal:

ty manifisto

Spiderjelly

Sign of evil.
Sent my lovely santee a thing!

City of Glompton

alnilam posted:

(santee stuff)

yay! I'm glad you liked it. the chicken treats are millet so they should enjoy them I think. there are not as many chicken treats in the store as I'd like! and yes the soaps are soaps. I figured vanilla scent was the best to not mess up the coffee/korn with other scents. the dark ones have activated charcoal in them and the glittery stuff is mica. I guess the pinkish soap is vanilla pomegranate scented actually but hopefully that didn't leach into anything it shouldn't! they were fun to make. if you want ingredient lists for them and/or the karamel korn let me know :)

I hope the coffee is tasty and whoa I would love to try some of it that you roast! we got some in the glompton house too, and tried roasting for the first time and it was fun. thanks for the inspiration!

:glomp:

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

FluffieDuckie

I sure love happy ss stories

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Rushi

by Smythe
CUTE STUFF TIME O:

look at all the colors ; w ;

THE SUSHI TASTES LIKE grape soda and other flavors but i'm so excited to try it I have no idea which one I'm going to make first the ice cream looks so cute ; - ; and I can't wait to make the donuts I'm gonna make them so cute ahhh it has cute sprinkles ; - ; and a new seal friend ; w ;

but what was in the tiny little wraps???

A TINY RUSHI SQUAD WE GOT THE HITS WE GOT THE MAMMAL TRIANGLE AND OUR BEST FRIEND ON WEDNESDAYS O___O

AND IN THE BIG BOX???

a village for them to live in :,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,3

thank you santa :3: :3: :3: :3: :3: :3: :3: :3: :3: :3: :3: :3: :3: :3: :3: i'm so excited ; o ;

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Rushi

by Smythe
my sig is live footage caught of me after opening my package

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

POOL IS CLOSED

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
that is adorable! :kimchi:

so many good gifts, y'all

merry byobmas

brought 2 u by Manifisto, mastercraftsposter of sigs

City of Glompton

amazingly cute :3:

vanisher

Yaay merry Xmas Rushi!!

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."

Rushi posted:

THE SUSHI TASTES LIKE grape soda and other flavors but i'm so excited to try it I have no idea which one I'm going to make first the ice cream looks so cute ; - ; and I can't wait to make the donuts I'm gonna make them so cute ahhh it has cute sprinkles ; - ; and a new seal friend ; w ;
I wasn't sure how to supplement my Christmas gifts for my family, and in particular for my 3-year-old nephew, until I saw this. It took me about 1 minute to order some online.

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

POOL IS CLOSED

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
My santee should've received their gift yesterday. :ohdear:

brought 2 u by Manifisto, mastercraftsposter of sigs

deep dish peat moss

Sorry Santa that it took so long to post it but I got ANOTHER gift from Santa the other day

It's a book about vodka so I can pick out the right vodka to go with my russian meals! :hellyeah:

Side note: The packing slip said "Vodka A Global History (Edible)" and I was super high when I opened it, so I got about half an inch away from trying to take a bite of the book before I realized how crazy I was being.

Manifisto

another in a seemingly endless stream of gift books has arrived!

(note: I did not take this photo, but the one that I got looked just like it)

now THIS is the perfect size and weight for my current coffee table. score!!

no but seriously, deep dish you went overboard and I'm awed and very appreciative.

:rznvsass:

hold on, why isn't that a thing?

it should be

ty nesamdoom!

FluffieDuckie

lol

FluffieDuckie

howdy all!

I only have 6 santees who i don't have confirmation that they received their packages (one of those I have shipping proof from santa)

please be sure to be checking your porches this week and post here when you receive something

Robot Made of Meat

Yob bless us, every one!

Every year, this thread does a lot to melt just a tiny bit of my cold, flinty heart. I love you all!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Rushi posted:

my sig is live footage caught of me after opening my package

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

FluffieDuckie posted:

howdy all!

I only have 6 santees who i don't have confirmation that they received their packages (one of those I have shipping proof from santa)

please be sure to be checking your porches this week and post here when you receive something

sry i had to shave so i could take a picture :3:

thansk hugh malone 2: post in new york!!

Manifisto

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

:eyepop: outstanding posting accessory!

Rushi posted:

a village for them to live in :,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,3

oh and this is awesome as well

alnilam posted:

and finally... zoom... enhance...

I would absolutely eat these soaps

:3:

ty nesamdoom!

City of Glompton

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

whoa cool

alnilam

I forgot to include something in my package but luckily it's a non physical thing so when my santee posts I'll do that part too

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

так что глубокий торфяной мох, ты мой получатель, и я твой Санта.

веселое рождество, ты красивый и потрясающий плакат, ты.

пользоваться пельменями; Я рекомендую вегетарианец и мясо, как с темной лошадиной водкой, и с большим количеством друзей. к хорошему здоровью!

Spiderjelly

Sign of evil.
Hi Santa! I got your presents and they are wonderful! I'll post a full review when I get some time.

deep dish peat moss

hamjobs posted:

так что глубокий торфяной мох, ты мой получатель, и я твой Санта.

веселое рождество, ты красивый и потрясающий плакат, ты.

пользоваться пельменями; Я рекомендую вегетарианец и мясо, как с темной лошадиной водкой, и с большим количеством друзей. к хорошему здоровью!

Благодарим вас за прекрасную еду и спиртные напитки! Я наслаждался хорошей едой с семьей, и я все еще с нетерпением жду, чтобы узнать, что я буду делать с икрой. Бог благословил!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

deep dish peat moss posted:

Благодарим вас за прекрасную еду и спиртные напитки! Я наслаждался хорошей едой с семьей, и я все еще с нетерпением жду, чтобы узнать, что я буду делать с икрой. Бог благословил!

кормите икру для ничего не подозревающих гостей, с гораздо большим количеством водки!

Tiberius Thyben

Gone Phishing

I always wish I could participate in these things, but I am always too broke to justify it. :(

Spiderjelly

Sign of evil.

alnilam posted:

I forgot to include something in my package but luckily it's a non physical thing so when my santee posts I'll do that part too

You are my Santa and you are aSPAAAAAAACCCCEEEEing! I loved my prezzies, and I love you! There was care and attention in that box, which is the best gift I could have received. But the prezzies were pretty stinkin good, too!

HEY EVERYBODY, LOOK HOW GOOD ALNILAM IS

what a haul! Look at all those amazing goodies. They are super, but look at this card! So yob it hurts!

Stickers and imagination and good words and even instructions for enjoying my gifts (do I really put vodka on the plant?)

This was a good joke and I appreciate it.

Alnilam, there's no way that you could have known this, but Fred Rogers is my one and only personal hero. He was an assertively gentle man, and he left two generations of humans better for having known him. In all seriousness, this is an amazing gift and I will treasure it forever. Or until I accidentally smash it, welp.

I put your coffee in this and it was pretty dope.

I love you, Santa alnilam!

alnilam

I'm so glad you like the stuff! Yes you really do give the plants ethanol!!

Here's the last bit, it's that i donated to doctors without borders, this is an abstract gift for all participants!! but mostly it's an actual gift for people in extreme need. Happy decemberween!!

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
thing received, details to follow! :stoked:

Spiderjelly

Sign of evil.

alnilam posted:

I'm so glad you like the stuff! Yes you really do give the plants ethanol!!

Here's the last bit, it's that i donated to doctors without borders, this is an abstract gift for all participants!! but mostly it's an actual gift for people in extreme need. Happy decemberween!!

You are a cool cat, alnilam!

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
My package got here today and here's what was inside! (Not included is a picture of the cushioned envelope it was sent in, obviously I don't want mine and Santa's addresses visible)

Notice the tape lines where I removed the letter from the wrapping first. I'll admit I started reading it before unwrapping the present until the letter told me not to.

I'm real bad at pictures and no matter what I couldn't get the camera to focus, but rest assured this was a rad as heck stamped wax seal.

So what's the present?

A Celtic tinwhistle! (hehe whoops, I tore the paper a little trying to open the seal) This is awesome, thank you Spiderjelly! I love Celtic music and I'm super happy to have another instrument to play. Well... I love the Celtic sound, I've listened to a pitifully small amount of real Celtic music for some reason. That's about to change though, and you can be sure I'll take on that challenge!

FluffieDuckie

What a thoughtful gift! can't wait to hear you play it :buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Glompton

good presents also lol at drunk plants that's weird and wonderful

• Locked thread