Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FluffieDuckie

It's everyone's favorite time of year - the byob secret santa! This is kind of a big undertaking so i'm going to ask you guys to read all this carefully

Rules

(1) To participate you must have made at least 10 posts in byob in the last year.

(2) this year you may choose to receive steam game(s) or forum upgrades instead of actual snail mail packages. (you may also provide both snail mail address and steam information and let your santa pick)

(3) To sign up you must do 2 things.

- Send an email to FluffieDuckie@somethingawful.com with your user name and your mailing address and/or a link to your steam account. Also please include whether you are willing to ship domestically, ship internationally, and/or send a steam game or forum upgrade.

- Write a letter to santa in this thread Please cover things like allergies, t-shirt size, willingness to accept things that are nsfw or drug related, and likes and dislikes. if you're accepting steam gifts include what games you'd like. Santa needs some guidance and i need to be sure that the random email i received requesting a gift was really from you.

(4) Minimum gift amount is $15. Remember that shipping, especially international shipping, can be very expensive. If you can't afford shipping on top of the gift amount then choose to send a steam game or forum upgrade instead

(5) You must post in this thread when you receive your gift Santa wants to know that you received your gift, and i need to be sure your santa isn't a deadbeat

(6) Deadbeats: If after signing up you do not send a gift by the deadline you will be banned. No exceptions. If you have plat and an av, your ban will cost you more than sending the drat gift. So seriously, if you're not going to send something don't sign up. Don't ruin christmas dammit :sassargh:

-----------------------------

Deadlines (edited for slip in first deadline):

November 16 18: Deadline to send me your address and write your letter to santa

November 18 20: We will email you your santee's info

December 4 6: International shipping deadline (and things may still get delayed because customs sucks but we will have tried)

December 11 13: Drop dead deadline to ship your gift or send your steam game or forum upgrade. (keep your mailing receipt in case something is lost or delayed so you can avoid being declared a deadbeat).

:duckie::duckie::duckie:

Ready set ho, ho, ho!

FluffieDuckie fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Nov 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

Olive! posted:

Thread title says the deadline is today, but the op say the deadline for sending an address and writing a letter was the 16th... is it too late then?

Let’s just assume I gave everyone a couple of extra days instead of me not being able to read my calendar.

But yeah as long as I have your email and you posted your list in the thread but the time I get up tomorrow morning it’s all good.

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

FluffieDuckie

Rushi posted:

DEAR SECRET SANTA

I rly like Christmas my favorite things are cute things. I like tiny things, mostly tiny animals. I really like stickers and pins and other tiny things that can be cute. I rlllllly like candy. And cookies. All of it but mostly chocolate!!!?? But fruits are a close 2nd.

I really like candy/treats/baked goods from other countries :) and flavors I've never had. Or anything sweet really!!!!!

I like art but mostly pretty n cute stuff. I don't like when people buy me clothes (but cute accessories are ok). Books are cool if they are full of things I like ; w ; I don't read fiction ... unless it's cute.

Cats r my favorite. I don't know any animals I don't like? But I really like animals :3:

Although my post history says otherwise, I do not want/need anything politically related. I'm on politics hiatus. Funny weed stuff is ok but nothing you use/can use to smoke it. More like funny weed stickers or something, but if you're not sure just skip on that. Other than that no drug or nsfw stuff :3:

Finally if ur rly bad at buying gifts and need an easy way out, I've been wanting a steam copy of rimworld or stardew valley.

Oh I'm a boy O: (so I don't need awesome stuff like hairbands and makeup)

I'll send you a pm soon today duckie I'm not home and forgetting my new address D:

if you sent this I didn't get it. please send asap so we can get the santees assigned today

FluffieDuckie

Christmas is saved!

Al is running some magic santee assigning script. We’ll let you know here as soon as the emails have gone out

FluffieDuckie

SANTEE EMAILS HAVE ALL BEEN SENT. PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAILS

FluffieDuckie

alnilam posted:

omg that is simultaneously the most rushi gift and the most CoG gift

FluffieDuckie

I sure love happy ss stories

FluffieDuckie

lol

FluffieDuckie

howdy all!

I only have 6 santees who i don't have confirmation that they received their packages (one of those I have shipping proof from santa)

please be sure to be checking your porches this week and post here when you receive something

FluffieDuckie

What a thoughtful gift! can't wait to hear you play it :buddy:

FluffieDuckie

Ok, if your santee hasn’t posted here saying they got your gift AND you haven’t sent me proof of shipping please do that now. I have one errant santa I haven’t heard from.

FluffieDuckie

I need a volunteer back up santa who can drop a gift in the mail next week. please email me at fluffieduckie@somethingawful.com

FluffieDuckie

The backup hero has been assigned.

Because yobbers are heros, I had many volunteers so thank you guys.

FluffieDuckie

I’m pretty sure everyone but one person got their gifts. I’m waiting to hear that our backup santa’s packages arrived and then I’ll unsticky this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

and so christmas is saved by our mysterious back up santa who i'm not naming bc i don't know if they want to stay mysterious.

merry yobmas to us all

• Locked thread