Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

Happy Hat posted:

Bring your loving knives.. knives at other peoples places suck...

(I know this because I have been living in an airbnb for 3 months now)

Just bring your knives.. because Christ... These loving knives...

Sage truth. I recently spent a few days in a Cornish cottage where the only sharp non bendy knife was my trusty pocket knife. Had to buy a couple of cheap ones just to maintain sanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.
okay.

Step mother in law is planning to make turkey meatballs cooked in cranberry sauce. I'm assuming in the slow cooker.

What's a convincing fake illness that'll not be too serious but serious enough to not go?

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i remember someone in gws mentioning using corn husks to make a corn broth which could then be used in a corn crème brulee. does anyone have a recipe or any knowledge of the concept, it seems interesting as a non-pie based thanksgiving dessert

Wasn't me but I did recently make a corn broth (went with some cod and succotash). Principle is probably the same:

Take the corn husks and silk and toast them in the oven until they're dried and a nice golden brown. A little char is fine.
Break them up into pieces.
For savoury, steep them in hot chicken stock with garlic, onion and cracked coriander seed for about an hour. More if you have stuff to do. Overnight is probably best. Strain, reduce, taste.

For a Creme Brulee I'd steep them in hot heavy cream and maybe a little vanilla. Let it sit for a while. Strain the cream and use that to make the dessert.
The flavour isn't going to be massive so I'd think about making a little corn bourbon syrup to go with the creme brulee.

• Locked thread