Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Bo is a pretty interesting case...he's been basically an above average corner OF his entire career but has consistently been among the most well paid players. It must be ENTERTAINMENT VALUE due to his 600 ft home runs and laser arm one bounce throws from the warning track.

Also one of the goons had a -2.4 WAR season and I think hit under .100 for the year last year. lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

IcePhoenix posted:

http://cowace2.com/OOTP/leagues/league_145_financial_report.html

code:
8	Tempus Liksnart	                Detroit	          $32,500,000
I believe those are all current year, not AAV. Also the Rangers' payroll is almost $300 million

When this contract inked, he was the third (I think) highest paid player, behind Mike Trout and Carlos Correa. His contract AAV and yearly are the same, so he's going to keep that same yearly until the contract is up. Don't know if anyone else's contracts are structured the same.

e: Quick check shows most match up AAV with yearly

Explosionface fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Dec 12, 2017

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I need to make a new character at lunch because someday my goon player will actually make it to the loving big leagues god dammit.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Explosionface posted:

e: Quick check shows most match up AAV with yearly

That's mainly because the CPU tends to just offer contracts that pay the same amount every year, which is pretty much in line with the real world as well. Backloading contracts isn't that much of a thing in the MLB, outside of deals that are buying out arbitration + the first few years of FA.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
2029 MLB Season
League Website HERE

World Series Champions: Seattle Mariners
AL Pennant: Seattle Mariners
NL Pennant: St Louis Cardinals

AL MVP: Gregorio Rangel (on Royals, watch this kid)
NL MVP: Kymani Worlds

AL Cy Young: Jim Schulte
NL Cy Young: Dan Goss

League News
Hall of Fame: Miguel Cabrera, Francisco Rodriguez (?), CC Sabathia
Big power season: 5 guys with over 50 HRs
Bunch of megastars into free agency, all asking north of 40mm AAV
League strikeouts down across the board

Goon Player News
Paige hits free agency, could clear 400mm total value
Royals go all in and trade for Jack Worthy and his huge contract and declining numbers...he makes them look good
Boon Doggle with another workman like season, on his way to being the best SS ever? Probably not...but Money might be the best 2B ever...
Calhoun Slidell is unemployed on opening day, then puts up 2 WAR with the Twins
Liksnart is officially an anchor
Mike Truk with a nice bounceback season
Larry Leftball is excellent but leads the league in losses
Dirgler limps into free agency with his back held together by tape and gum
Rotch finally out of the Cincy black hole!

GOON TRACKER

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

:lol: Hanzo tears his UCL again halfway through spring training and misses the whole season, dropping his velocity down three more marks to 93-95, his stuff down to a 4, all his pitches down to "average at best," and, for some reason, his stamina all the way down to 5.

Bewbies can we still make new players at this point or are you just going to finish out this set?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

drat, James World-Peace had a really down season. on par with his first two seasons! I wonder if he's gonna go full Andruw and flame out at 31. hopefully not, I want him to get a stupid big contract

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

bewbies posted:

2029 MLB Season
League Website HERE

Liksnart is officially an anchor

"Oh surely it can't be that-"

code:
G	AB	H	2B	3B	HR	RBI	BB	K	AVG	OBP	SLG	SB	WAR
156	593	159	37	2	15	71	67	118	.268	.345	.413	20	0.9
loving :laffo:

Oddly enough, that's the highest number of steals in his career, at age 32. Also highest K's, which is depressing.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

Bewbies can we still make new players at this point or are you just going to finish out this set?

I don't think I'll add any new players to this game, but I've been thinking about what we could do for a followup. Historical game, or crowd-run/choose-your-own-adventure a team, or something else?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

bewbies posted:

I don't think I'll add any new players to this game, but I've been thinking about what we could do for a followup. Historical game, or crowd-run/choose-your-own-adventure a team, or something else?

Would there be a way to force an expansion team and create our own 25 (or 40) man roster for it?

alternate answer: team made of 25 Ohtanis

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Whenever I'm put to the test, I'm gonna ace it.
Money finally his last milestone, 300 lbs.! Unfortunately his new weight mass cause his back to give out and he had to miss a month, causing him to have his first season under 6 WAR in a while. Whatever, still getting paid!

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Bobson is (probably) officially cooked. Came back off of TJS and signed a minor league deal with the ChiSox, where he promptly got shelled in both A+ and AA, at which point the Sox said "gently caress this" and just released him. His stuff has plummeted across the board, and even his precious changeup has fallen from a 10 to a 9. I think the gig is finally up, at least you made bank in arb and won pitcher of the month that one time, Bobson.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Poque posted:

Would there be a way to force an expansion team and create our own 25 (or 40) man roster for it?

alternate answer: team made of 25 Ohtanis

A full Goon team would be cool.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Mike Truk did indeed have a bounceback year, hitting .243/.351/.539 and 40 more home runs. He's a free agent at the end of the 2029 season, so it will be interesting to see where he goes and for how much for the 2030 season.

Also, he's up to 250 pounds too, and I can't imagine it's all muscle either...

bewbies posted:

code:
G	AB	H	2B	3B	HR	RBI	BB	K	AVG	OBP	SLG	SB	WAR
161	606	189	39	2	59	164	123	73	.312	.430	.675	0	8.7
Yup, I'm watching...:catstare:

MrChips fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Dec 14, 2017

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

bewbies posted:

Royals go all in and trade for Jack Worthy and his huge contract and declining numbers...he makes them look good

quote:

03/19/2029 Was traded by the San Diego Padres to the Kansas City Royals in exchange for SS Gordie Harriel, 1B Luis Leyba.

Oof, Worthy's K rate is still around 16%. Hope KC didn't give up too much.

quote:

07/05/2029 Suspended 4 games after ejection following a brawl.

Yo I need this story.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

quote:

06/26/2029 Suspended 5 games after ejection following a brawl.

gord, no

gord, don't fight

gord

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Bike Snout. Looking like a career AAAA guy. Moved to left where he broke his elbow in August (out for 8 months) and still won the IL version of the Gold Glove.

Hit right around .300, but also had a 5:1 K:BB ratio and no power. His entire offense is based, I think, on finding every gap that ever existed. But there’s no way he gets on a MLB roster again with that garbage ability, right? Certainly not in left field. He couldn’t even hang on at right.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Popete posted:

A full Goon team would be cool.

One goon team, one Ohtani team

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Awww, I was hoping to get you to add Trey Griffey's son in a few more seasons. He'd be named Cater.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I see Marvelous Trent is still being Marvelous even though injuries are hobbling the poo poo out of his overall numbers.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
2030 MLB Season
League Website HERE

World Series Champions: Kansas City Royals
AL Pennant: Kansas City Royals
NL Pennant: The unfortunately named San Antonio Cherokees

NL MVP: Jim World Peace

AL Cy Young: Jake Martin (should have been Digler)
NL Cy Young: Dan Goss (should have been Leftball)

League News
Hall of Fame: Justin Verlander, Robinson Cano
Royals steal their way to a WS title, including one kid who stole 63 and was caught only 5 times.
Gregorio Rangel wins MVP, then is MVP in all 3 playoff series (has this ever happened before)?

Goon Player News
Paige gets his 40m+AAV, but only 6 years
Leftball and Dirgler both with HUGE bounceback seasons; both were on one year prove it contracts and now are in line for a dumptruck full of money.
Jim World Peace with another 40/40 season...and only CS once
McCrenshawsberggen puts up a career year in a contract season one year after having been bought out for some reason. He now is asking no less than 65 MILLION DOLLARS PER YEAR to play base ball
Bo Jackson and Jack Worthy have declined to league average players on phat contracts
Joe Money just keeps on putting up quality numbers
Thelonius Mingus is in the chase for most average MLB player of all time

GOON TRACKER

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Bike Snout, non-tendered again. Out of option years. Hovers around .775 OPS nowadays. Still a great defensive player and a streaky offensive player, but he's not getting any younger. Hasn't played in the majors in two years and hasn't seen heavy action there in four.

Good luck in free agency, Mr. Snout, because you're probably going to Asia otherwise.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Jack's K rate ballooned to 18% but at least he got a ring!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

So we’re not gonna talk about how the Marlins moved to Jacksonville? loving Jeter

James World Peace has 401 career homers but 1458 hits, that works out to about 27.5% of his hits being homers. For comparison, our lord Barrold finished his career at 25.9%. Will be funny to see him reach 500 homers before 2000 hits though

Carlosologist fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Dec 16, 2017

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Looks like Mike Truk is Mike hosed, it seems.

He ate poo poo and signed with the Braves for 3/22 (which was a huge pay cut from the Cardinals), then proceeded to stink so bad he got demoted to AAA.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

MrChips posted:

Looks like Mike Truk is Mike hosed, it seems.

He ate poo poo and signed with the Braves for 3/22 (which was a huge pay cut from the Cardinals), then proceeded to stink so bad he got demoted to AAA.

I'm blaming the Braves organization at this point. Goons go in, goons don't come out.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
So with most of the goons entering their twilight years I decided to go ahead and run the clock.

Some WEIRD AND CRAZY poo poo happened.

This afternoon I will post in-game screenshots career stats of all goon players in addition to the ol' upload.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

bewbies posted:

2030 MLB Season

Hanzo finished out his contract (getting zero playing time all season :lol: ) and retired. Good on you for getting that last ten million, buddy.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Tonya took her massive deal with KC and promptly fell off a cliff offensively, this game is programmed perfectly.

But at least she's a champion! She's the Jason Heyward of the 2030 Royals.

"Decided not to opt out of the remaining portion of [her] contract." No poo poo, she slashed .242/.308/.357 with 1.6 WAR for $28.4M.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

bewbies posted:

So with most of the goons entering their twilight years I decided to go ahead and run the clock.

Some WEIRD AND CRAZY poo poo happened.

This afternoon I will post in-game screenshots career stats of all goon players in addition to the ol' upload.

I can't wait to see what dumpster Tempus ended up in.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I'm excited to see if JWP hit 500 homers before getting 2000 hits, or if he even reached 2000 hits. he's easily the greatest San Antonio player ever though

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Bobson actually had a sort of bounce back season and all his control/movement jumped up to 9/10 across the board again, so I'm curious to see if he actually revived his career post-TJS or if it was just the dead cat bounce before he's drummed out of MLB forever.

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Get Money’s going to be the heaviest player ever indicted into the HoF.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Hoping for Snout to end up the next incarnation of Billy Beane. Massively hyped, not suited to pressure of big time, decent executive.

Anything else is either foolhardy or just plain silly.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
And here they are, your GOON SUPERSTARS, in their final iterations:

https://imgur.com/a/bwoZz

Some behind the scenes notes:
- I used a random number generator to assign initial talent level. All goon players started with at least "major league starter" talent level.
- A total of four players rolled a "10", which meant "all-time great talent": Mike Rotch, Larry Leftball, Waldo Dirgler, and James World-Peace. Rotch was very disappointing. Satchel Paige also wound up at that level.
- I didn't edit any player after initial input, except to occasionally reinvigorate Wacky Bradley's injury prone body.

There's some funny/interesting stuff with just about all of these players, including what might be the worst single season by a hall of fame reliever ever. Feel free to post images, I cannot currently but may do some later if any funny/interesting things are overlooked.

Final upload should be complete shortly.

LONG LIVE WALDO DIRGLER

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
this guy:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

640x319?

:cmon:

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

The Assassination of Michael Truk by the Coward Atlanta Braves

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Well Get Money, it looks like you end was a little less then glorious, but congrats on overcoming you roots as a utility player whose usefulness was hard to qualified to become a first round HoF inductee. Being a RoY, winning couple MVP's, more than enough Sliver Sluggers, a Gold Glove, a battling title, and even a ring, I have to say there's little that you didn't to achieve in your career. Plus you got paid. I'm happy for you Joe, you fat bastard :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Jack Worthy's career K rate was 16.2%. Was hoping he's be an all-time great contact creator, but oh well. He'll have to console himself with the MVP and World Series ring.

• Locked thread