Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
Name: Hank Meacham
DOB: 2/11
Height/Weight: 6'6", 210lb
Throws/Bats: L/L
Position: OF/1B
Country/City of birth: Biloxi, MS
Background: college prospect

Player profile: A left-handed Dave Kingman. Sells out for power with 100+ strikeouts a season. Simple country boy who loves hitting dingers, and watching his teammates hit dingers. Gets very riled up during games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
I tried to look for my guy but the Draft Log has the Expansion draft in it and not the first-year draft. Where's Meachem at?

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

bewbies posted:

I knew I'd put him in, I just didn't get the name right (I assume I forgot to hit "enter" after each name), my bad.

Should be fixed in next upload, for now, here he is playing ball under an assumed name: http://cowace2.com/OOTP/players/player_50550.html

edit - this dude is a loving monster, good lord

33 homeruns in 66 games in his first year in the minors :getin:

e: Hey since I'm on the Phillies hopefully I get to be the next Rhys Hoskins

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

bewbies posted:

Opening Day: 2019 MLB Season
League Website HERE

Hall of Fame Inductions
Mo Rivera

League news
Clayton Kershaw signs VERY team friendly deal with the loving Cardinals.

Goon player news:

Several goons in preseason top prospects list including Joseph Money (1), Bo Jackson (2), Tempus Liksnart (3), Mike Rotch (5), Marvelous Trent (6), Boon Doggle (7), and Larry Leftball (3).

Couple goons make MLB rosters: Corbett, Dirgler, Jackson.

Check out the offseason moves, preseason predictions (Royals lol), top prospects, and best minor league systems!

note: upload should be complete within the hour

Also: it is really fun trying to write your player descriptions into the game. I'm pretty proud how noted Canadian Gord Doug's scouting report came out: "Teammates often question Doug's dedication because of his lack of outward emotions".

Phillies' system is so stacked that despite Meachem being the #33 prospect in ball he doesn't even crack their top 5. And hey Marvelous Trent, hope we're sharing the outfield soon!

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

bewbies posted:

Goon player news:
Hank Meachem with serious shoulder injury

:ohdear: Still has a healthy OPS though.

Also Satchel Paige owns.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

Grittybeard posted:

Runs: 31, Earned Runs: 22...Well if someone would play some defense around here maybe things would get better! (ignores that Leftball had 2 errors on 10 total chances)

While the scouts are still absolutely in love with Larry's potential, the results have not been very good. He's getting pasted by lefties for a .358 average and righties for .292. He doesn't walk very many people which is most of what's saving him from giving up >.900 OPS against. He was at least briefly moved into the White Sox rotation after his stint in AAA and managed to get the ERA under 5 (although as noted there are a lot more runs being scored than show up in that stat).

As a Sox fan I checked out how they're doing and holy cow Zack Collins 5.8 WAR :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
Meachem led the team in homers, just as I'd hoped. He did miss a lot of games, playing only 114. Hopefully he'll get full playing time next season and be close to 40 dingers.

• Locked thread