Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

They also do it because hollywood IS incestuous, those names know each other better than most and probably like to close rank. You ever covered for anything illicit a friend did? Ever obstructed justice for a friend? Yeah, well, commedians are the worst about closing rank and it took decades of accusation for anything to affect a man like Cosby.

Not assigning moral judgement here (polanski is a poo poo and this is a stain on good directors) just when the culture of the industry is so connected, good luck getting anyone to break rank for anything short of worst of the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I've seen other sources for those allegations, don't dismiss it for the daily mail.

I'm gonna try to find where I was linked to for it, I had no reason to doubt the veracity of what was being published.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I got bored of CK's standup a few years back, but I'm really depressed to have those rumors more or less confirmed.

He's loving done for. I mean, shy of criminal charges or a civil suit that goes somewhere, he's a multi millionaire and nothing is gonna really hurt him or his lifestyle, but good luck ever seeing him again.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Mechafunkzilla posted:

I'm curious as to the thought process behind sexually assaulting a man who could tear your arms off with minimal effort.

It's a power thing, someone like venit getting off on the fact they're powerful enough in the industry to basically bully a giant man like Crews into compliance.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Brace yourself for backlash in general. Someone will get hit by this that the general public really likes, and can't accept the accusations against. At that point false accussation wont matter. There is going to be a saturation point as well. Hollywood will not blacklist everyone to the detriment of its own economy beyond a certain point. People will not be willing to let go of their most beloved idols, no matter what they're accused or even convicted of.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Shipping is a cancerous practice and you can't have the mild stuff without also implicitly encouraging the depraved stuff.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I'm unsurprised by Takei. I've seen video of him being really awkward and handsy around fans and this just takes that to its logical conclusion.

He's also seemed to take a serious dip in mental faculties over the last few years and i wonder if he has dementia or something honestly but that has little to do with the thread topic

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

precision posted:

Given how things are going and how WW did, I think she would have gotten her wish even if she hadn't made that demand.

Uhh, Wonder Woman is the best movie so far in that dumpster fire of a cinematic universe. Gal Godot's wonder woman is one of the few thinks making anything watchable. I'd say out of anyone, she has the most pull here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

precision posted:

...that's exactly what I meant though? Meaning that they would have dumped Ratner no matter what because of What's Goin' On

I misunderstood then, my apologies.