Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Crossposting from TVIV, I think someone around here mentioned Corey Feldman always claimed to have dirt on hosed up Hollywood poo poo? Looks like he finally made good on that claim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
I really have to wonder how the Polanski stuff would have turned out if the allegations came out today instead of years ago. I doubt we'd be seeing a huge petition of big name actors demanding his release, for starters.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
Shatner is going to be, either literally or metaphorically, the last one standing at this rate and that really wierds me out.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream

Rhyno posted:

Eddie Berganza got bounced from DC Comics for being a piece of poo poo. Now Bleeding Cool (the rear end in a top hat of comic book journalism) is quietly trying to gather dirt on any creator in the industry. A friend of mine who also works comic retail was sexually assaulted by former Dark Horse editor Scott Allie and recently told me that BC contacted them looking for a quote about it. So I'd expect to see the entire comic book industry tree getting shaken in the near future and a fuckload of bad apples will come falling down.

For those who don't know there's a thread in BSS that's been talking about poo poo like this if you want to talk more about shitholes in the comics industry. There's some really hosed up stories in there, like that one guy who went around biting people at conventions.

MechanicalTomPetty fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Dec 21, 2017

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream

Timby posted:

Back then? Careless effects work is what killed Brandon Lee, stunt workers were killed on the sets of both Deadpool 2 and John Wick 2, a camera assistant was killed on the set of that Gregg Allman biopic because the production failed to secure permission to shoot on the railroad...

Don't forget Mark Hamill dearly died during the shooting of the new Star Wars movies because they filmed a bunch of scenes on some insanely remote and dangerous island.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
For all we complain about the death of practical effects in modern movie making, I can't help but think poo poo like this is at least part of why so much stuff is done on greenscreen now. Probably a lot safer and cheaper for everyone involved.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream

Wasn't Amazing Atheist the guy who got axed from Channel Awesome for being a gigantic creep?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream

Steve Yun posted:

I vaguely recall Sirtis also saying (almost in tears IIRC) Star Trek saved her because she’d mostly done pulpy exploitation films up till then. There was one in particular where she had to film a rape scene and the director wouldn’t let her cover up in between takes despite the set being extra cold.

Death Wish 3 I think. I remember because that came up in Electric Boogaloo and apparently the guy who made that film was kind of an all-around nutcase.