Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.avclub.com/gene-simmons-has-been-banned-for-life-from-fox-news-1820542740

...Not that this is a surprise , but when loving FOX NEWS bans you for being too much of a creep...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Just use the CGI Spacey from Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare and a soundalike. Boom. Problem solved.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Pirate Jet posted:

I am going to become rich and famous just so I can hire Terry Crews and keep his career going.

Blizzard can always hire him to voice Doomfist’s until now unmentioned twin brother raised in the U.S

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Next and final House Of Cards season confirmed to not have Spacey in it:

http://variety.com/2017/digital/news/house-of-cards-season-6-production-2018-kevin-spacey-1202629619/

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Crews could probably make a living doing publicity stuff for video games if he wants.

I just hope he can find good ones.

Crackdown 3 looks baaaaaaaaad.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I listened to the We Hate Movies podcast on Disclosure and I couldn't help but wonder how some regressive shithead could remake it these days to "strike back" against the "feminazis". I mean, the Death Wish remake looks to be going in that direction.

Disclosure: Directed by Bryan Singer, produced by the Weinstein Company.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

DrVenkman posted:

Terry Richardson seems like the Weinstein of the photography world since everyone seemed to know he was a piece of poo poo.

Even Bojack Horseman did a dig at Richardson:

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

Im not caught up with Bojack and I'm vaguely aware of the poo poo Terry did as a photographer, but is that scene of him giving that speech a reference to something Terry did?

No, it's just his visual design that is meant to resemble Richardson, plus the fact that Sarah Lynn once said he was a photographer in addition to that "fur" remark. The speech is just him accepting an award on behalf of Sarah Lynn since she was missing at the time for spoiler reasons.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Dec 15, 2017

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress you Batali, not only are you a perverted pig, but you made me hungry. :mad:

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Not Operator posted:

He had a huge chunk of his frontal lobe surgically excised while filming Yogi Bear

...nvm, it’s too easy.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

honestly this is legitimately going to be hairy as gently caress for film preservation regardless of what direction they go

like, I don't envy film historians 50 years from now; it seems like we've gotten insanely lucky that none of the stuff affected has been super important or anything, and it's just a ticking time bomb until the first legitimate Great Movie gets messed with because of this situation

Not to start a derail but this sort of alteration opens the doors to much worse things. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas had a bit of a minor controversy when several songs were patched out of the soundtrack when Rockstar lost the rights to them. How long until that starts happening in movies? It already happens in reruns of certain TV series.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Davros1 posted:

The Harold Lloyd one is all kinds of WTF!? Lit the fuze to what he thought was a fake bomb, turns out to be a real bomb. Why is there a real bomb?!

The effects industry was pretty hardcore back then.

And by “hardcore” I really mean “suicidal”.

Davros1 posted:

I like once you get to the late 70s, early 80s, there's just a bunch of Jackie Chan listings.

Surprised Jackie Chan doesn’t have his own article.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Dec 24, 2017

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Timby posted:

Back then? Careless effects work is what killed Brandon Lee, stunt workers were killed on the sets of both Deadpool 2 and John Wick 2, a camera assistant was killed on the set of that Gregg Allman biopic because the production failed to secure permission to shoot on the railroad...

That's still an improvement over the "good old days" of "Well, squibs weren't invented yet so we'll just shoot REAL bullets AROUND the actors. Just remember to hit your marks, people! It's REALLY important this time!"

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

banned from Starbucks posted:

2018- "A wardrobe assistant to mr Whalburg was decapitated after a 10foot cardboard optimus prime head fell off a pole during production."

Didn’t Michael Bay nearly get killed due to one of his explosions propelling a pole at high speeds inches from his head? I think it was on the set of The Island.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

http://www.agonybooth.com/the-island-2005-part-3-3351

quote:

Michael Bay claims that during filming of the freeway chase, “I almost lost my life”. There was a pole attached to one of the jet bike props, and apparently this pole flew past his head at 40 MPH. He describes how this same pole destroyed a $600,000 camera, and there’s actually footage of the camera getting smashed in the “making of” featurette, so I have a feeling he’s not kidding.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

bad day posted:

But she chose Sandstorm by Darude.

I'd watch a play based on that.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

One English as a second language assignment I had in high school had us writing about movies or music that spoke to us. Don't remember what mine was about but I remember just feeling sorry for the classmate who wrote about Creed (the band).

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

DC Murderverse posted:

eh, whatever. I will never watch a Polanski movie but that's my own personal decision because it's hard to reconcile watching it with what he did, but I understand if there are people who love his movies (because they're really good still) who don't want to give that up.

On the other hand, I think *continuing* to watch new movies made by him (or Allen, or whoever) is a different story and I'll happily yell at people who go to see Wonder Wheel. I mean gently caress, it wasn't even that good. (and that goes double for people who agree to be in them, although that tide seems to be coming around)

I got literally screamed at by my mom for NOT wanting to see Wonder Wheel with her, claiming that refusing to keep her company because of this lovely thing that Woody Allen did was "the mark of a lesser person", that I was selfish and ungrateful, "art is separate from the artist" and all that. She ended up watching it with my dad and she really liked it.

In her (very loose) defense she was in a terrible mood that entire week and I don't know if she is aware of the more recent allegations instead of just the "dating his adopted daughter" stuff and whenever she's angry like this I tend to try to end the conversation as soon as possible so I didn't fill her in.

That's my Wonder Wheel story.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Feb 8, 2018

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

The Weinstein Company has filed for bankruptcy after sales talks collapsed:

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-43195327

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Obligatory link re: the spending habits of Nicolas Cage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn4T0sx5_7M

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.avclub.com/majority-female-investment-group-buys-the-weinstein-com-1823449007

“According to Deadline, the $500 million deal will include a change of the company’s name, the installation of a board of directors made up mostly of women, and a fund set in place to help the alleged victims of the company’s co-founder, Harvey Weinstein.”

Looks like this ended up resolving in the best way possible.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Since we’re sticking to cinema in particular, this wouldn’t be the place to discuss the recent dark turn of the Channel Awesome debacle, right? Is there any sub forum talking about this?

(Quick version for the unaware: Channel Awesome is a content aggregator site most well known for hosting The Nostalgia Critic, Linkara and other similar reviewers. Recently a bunch of their former and resigning contributors got together to create a huge Google Doc detailing their exploitation at the hands of management and their terrible CEO. Part of said document included a testimony from an anonymous producer claiming she had been groomed by one of the other producers while she was barely legal at the time and management did nothing. Said management, in their bad attempts at damage control released some badly censored chats detailing how they fired the person in question. Internet sleuths looked at the dates and badly covered up names and fingered the perpetrator as Justin "JewWario" Carmical, a former contributor who committed suicide seemingly out of nowhere one year after leaving the site. Seeing the cat out of the bag, other former CA producers confirmed this to be the case.)

Edit: Found the discussion thread : https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3853977&pagenumber=7&perpage=40#post483080683

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Apr 13, 2018

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Zogo posted:

Karl Lagerfeld on #MeToo:

"I’m fed up with it. I don’t even eat pig [in France the movement’s known as #BalanceTonPorc] What shocks me most in all of this are the starlets who have taken 20 years to remember what happened. Not to mention the fact there are no prosecution witnesses. That said I cannot stand Mr Weinstein. I had a problem with him at amfAR [the amfAR Gala is organised during the Cannes Film Festival in the fight against AIDS] …"

Have movements like #MeToo and #Time’sUp affected the way you approach your work?

"Absolutely not. I read somewhere that now you must ask a model if she is comfortable with posing. Its simply too much, from now on, as a designer, you can’t do anything. As for the accusations against the poor Karl Templar [creative director at Interview magazine], I don’t believe a single word of it. A girl complained he tried to pull her pants down and he is instantly excommunicated from a profession that up until then had venerated him. Its unbelievable. If you don’t want your pants pulled about, don’t become a model! Join a nunnery, there’ll always be a place for you in the convent. They’re recruiting even!"

http://www.numero.com/en/fashion/interview-karl-lagerfeld-chanel-virgil-abloh-j-w-anderson-azzedine-alaia

I'm not surprised that the dude who played a DJ on GTA: San Andreas just so he could be "politically incorrect" would feel this way.

(Seriously, why the gently caress was he THERE? What was the meeting at Rockstar that led to them deciding "Let's put KARL LAGERFELD in our game" like?)

R. Guyovich posted:

the christopher plummer thing was a good idea but now that everyone with a blog is talking about it like they came up with it....not so much

I'm half expecting Christopher Plummer to get hit with a sexual assault allegation at this point because chaos timeline.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Apr 25, 2018

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

When I saw 40 new posts on this thread, I instinctively though "Who was it THIS time?" Sad to see it was respected academic Professor Henry Jones II.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

And yet Pepe Le Pew is still at large :smith:

Motherfucker has connections all the way back to De Gaulle. He's pretty much untouchable.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Fart City posted:

Like a really, really big containment unit.

Why should it be big? Motherfucker should spend the rest of his life in the tiniest box he can fit in.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Rich white men CANNOT FAIL.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Only way Spacey gets a comeback is id they pull a Rogue One with the CG Spacey from Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.

Voiced by Christopher Plummer.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Harime Nui posted:

I feel like a fitting punishment for disgraced celebrities might be having their likenesses optioned for an eternal Video Game Purgatory where they play the sleaziest worst villains forever

Even better: sentence them to having their likenesses put in the public domain so they will be shot, beaten and or sexually degraded in every single lovely Unity asset flip game for all eternity.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Fart City posted:

There is some dark satisfaction in the fact that if no career redemption occurs (and it shouldn’t), one of the last theatrical releases for Kevin Spacey - master of stage and screen, authority on Shakespeare - is that loving talking cat movie.

Nine Lives 2 is going to be loving DARK.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

K. Waste posted:

hosed

I know nobody besides me actually saw Abel Ferrara's Welcome to New York, so to help clarify my own personal sense of film geek irony, he plays a character modeled after Dominique Strauss-Kahn in it.

Didn't that movie begin with Depardieu actually telling the audience out of character how much he despises the person his character is based on (which he doesn't name but is totally DSK)? Because that is some projection right there.

Also, Depardieu is a Russian citizen now so good luck getting him extradited. :(

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/sarah-hyland-sexual-assault-twitter-christine-blasey-ford_us_5bad17eee4b0b4d308d0e35f

Maybe this isn't the proper thread for this but seeing thing right when I wake up makes me worried about my niece. She is currently 3 years old and I wonder how the hell she can be happy in a world like this. My brother and I live in separate countries (he and his family live in Norway though they keep toying with the idea of returning to Portugal, for some unfathomable reason) and we hardly talk and I have the feeling he's not the sort of person to take this subject seriously (last time we had a family gathering he was annoyed at the increasing amount of LGBT people in the media and claimed this was the work of the "gay lobby"). What should I do ? Sometime I wonder if the only hope for her is her going through some Hanna esque warrior training from childhood.

(I personally have already vowed to never have children because I don't want to Doom anyone to hellworld)

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Isn't the actual rule that the replacement director has to reshoot at least 10% of the movie to get credit? I can't imagine it was that little.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

It should have been clear that Lauer was a monster 11 years ago when he named his kid "Thijs"

It’s a Dutch name. It’s pronounced “Th-ICE” which is close enough to “thighs” to make it way loving worse.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Dec 31, 2018

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

PT6A posted:

Deal with your own poo poo in your own country. Just send him up to Alaska and turn him into polar bear chow.

That would be an environmental crime. Poor bears.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

No matter how hard I try, I am never able to hear Urbaniak speak without picturing Rusty Venture saying those words.

Doesn’t help that Rusty is the sort of guy who’d totally do something like this as long as you paid him.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

Honestly that would be me though. Just start buying really expensive food and drink so I can have it for dinner that night.

If I became a billionaire, I'd probably do this along with becoming more and more reclusive out of sheer paranoia of people trying to steal my money or only wanting to hang out because of my money until I'd inevitably killed myself.

Sort of like Notch only with suicide instead of racism.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Calaveron posted:

They're no Buddy Brigade I tell you what

:agreed:

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Has Xi Jinping been reached for comment yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I get the feeling that being handsome and getting your face wrecked up basically makes for the perfection action movie star face. Reminds me of the story of Mel Gibson trying out for Mad Max after his face had been messed up a bit in a bar fight and the director loved it.

It looks like the Jim Cummings situation might have turned out to be nothing. It's kinda funny given one of the latest Ducktales eps has his return as Darkwing Duck... sort of. Where he plays Jim Starling, the actor that originally portrayed Darkwing Duck in an in-universe TV show, who doesn't take it well when a revival movie is starring a new, younger actor, even one who is a huge fan and deliberately styled himself after Jim Starling and considers Darkwing his dream role. To the point of trying to sabotage the new actor with increasingly unsubtle and violent methods, and finally going completely mad and after the movie is ruined (mostly thanks to Dewey).

And even that is burying the lede somewhat: at the end Starling goes completely insane and becomes Darkwing's Mirror Universe version Negaduck. Meanwhile Launchpad convinces the new actor (not voiced by Cummings) to become Darkwing for real at which point the actor's name is revealed to be Drake Mallard.