Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

You know how CNN makes those documentary series about the decades? I have a feeling that 2017 is going to need an entire series of its own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Who is Elizabeth Perkins?

And didn't Tata Reid and another actress already accuse him if trying to pick them up at age 16? People seemed to believe it. James Woods just doesn't have a career to kill.

James Woods did announce his retirement like a month ago.

...right around when the Weinstein scandal started gaining traction.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It could have been Glover still angry at Spielberg over Back to the Future. I know he refuses to even talk about BTTF or sign any of the merch at cons.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Ah. A friend of mine met him at an event here a couple years ago and could only get him to sign a Willard poster.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Charlie Rose!? What the gently caress.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I already suggested car bomb. Certainly they already shot a scene of him walking into a car. If not they could always use stock footage. Or even a behind the head shots of a double.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It's definitely gonna get more stupid before the self reflection phase happens.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Morgan Spurlock outs himself as an abuser.

https://twitter.com/MorganSpurlock/status/941101263252545536

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'd even be ok if they replaced him with Kevin James.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

That would rule.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Just remember ABC

Always
Be
Cmaking helicopter parent jokes.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

"...But... but it's a dry heat!!"

-Anyone who hasn't been to Arizona in the summer.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

His work in Seth McFarlane shows seem to be closer to the real man.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Not Hollywood per se, but WWE Superstar Enzo Amore has been dropped from the company amidst rape charges.

Oddly enough it happened here in Phoenix so I probably saw him the night it happened. :tinfoil:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Mechafunkzilla posted:

My name is Enzo Amore and I'm a certified G, and a bona fide rapist

I caught and screenshotted this a little bit ago.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

esperterra posted:

You never know. I try not to dig too deep into conspiracy theories when it comes to celebrity deaths, especially ones that appear to be a suicide, but anusthing is possible.

Whoah there. :stare:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

That's one way to stay trending.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

This is just viral marketing for Handmaid's Tale season 2, right?

Edit: I'm a hack. Someone made the same joke a few posts in.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Woody Allen: I should be the poster boy for the #MeToo movement.
:barf:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Harime Nui posted:

I feel like a fitting punishment for disgraced celebrities might be having their likenesses optioned for an eternal Video Game Purgatory where they play the sleaziest worst villains forever

Pretty sure it would be trivial to rip Spacey's skin from Call of Duty for Gary's Mod shenanigans.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Weaton is quitting social media. I wonder if he finally finished gathering his thoughts about Chris Hardwick?????

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It should have been clear that Lauer was a monster 11 years ago when he named his kid "Thijs"

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I don't remember if it was posted in this thread, or even if it falls under this one, but The Rock came out and said that the whole "Generation Snowflake" interview was 100% fabricated.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The Menendez trial was definitely a dry run for OJ.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm taking a course on Victimization and one of my assignments is to do a report on a documentary called "The Hunting Ground." It's about how colleges cover up rape/sexual assault to protect men, fraternities, football, and the schools' image. It came out in 2015. I just watched it, pretty harrowing stuff. It was also distributed by The Weinstein Company.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

There's footage of Batista demanding Disney to get him what he wants.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Claire's is most likely not going to be around for much longer.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

None of you are invited to the Buddy Brigade's Goldeneye tournament.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I remember hearing that all of their contracts we're coming up and they were due pay raises so they decided it would be cheaper to cancel the show instead. Politics didn't have anything to do with it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm sure the Academy would be happy to let him back in if he would just fly over to Los Angeles, I'm sure they could sort it out in person.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Krankenstyle posted:

The academy very much dont care about his "transgressions", theyre like 80% sex weirds and they gave him an oscar in 2002.

A judge might care, idk if the original extradition order was stayed or what happened with all that anymore, or if he even has to go to America to testify for this dumbass lawsuit

I wasn't being serious. He'd get his rear end arrested the second his foot hits American soil.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I heard it was a combination of Temple of Doom and Gremlins.

Man, I must have watched Temple of Doom a hundred times as a kid. Thinking about it, I never did feel terrified or anything about the movie's graphic scenes. What a great trilogy. :allears:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Timby posted:

Yeah, he just likes to do random poo poo. He did an AVGN episode last Christmas, too.

He showed up in one of their rental reviews a couple weeks ago, but not even as one of the guests, just a bit part in whatever ad they played before. It was pretty hilarious.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The "investigation" was run by a company owned by Patti Hearst. Hardwick is also married to Hearst's granddaughter. (Yeah, that Patti Hearst.)

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I just looked it up. It was a law firm called "Loeb & Loeb." I was wrong about Hearst owning them, they're merely the law firm that have represented the Hearts before. (So still just as biased.)

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I have tried to droop my frown as low as Mitch McConnel just to see what it was like and it is physically painful to do so. And that's just natural resting bitch face. What a complete void of a human being.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

MorgaineDax posted:

We posting video game people too? Soule's done movie scores at least.

Skyrim composer Jeremy Soule and Night In The Woods co-creator Alec Holowka accused of sexual assault
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/20...sexual-assault/

This sucks. I used to love Soule's work.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I've been reading through the #MeToo thread in Games, and I gotta say, the quality of this thread is leaps and bounds better than that one. Good job, y'all.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Timby posted:

Prohibiting recording is pretty standard under ASCAP / BMI licensing, but it's almost never enforced. There have been a few weird circumstances of people having to put their cell phone in a Ziploc bag or a locker prior to entering the venue, but it's not really common. It depends upon the state and municipality, but rent-a-cops doing pat-downs to see if patrons have cell phones in their pockets is generally highly illegal.

I always wonder how easy it would be to give them a dummy phone and sneak in your actual phone like Lucius Fox did in The Dark Knight. Or bring in one of those pairs of glasses with a camera lens embedded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I don't think they recasted anyone (who wasn't a CGI face person monster) since Cheadle and Norton, over ten years ago at this point. Recasting now would be pretty jarring. Maybe just cancel the Hawkeye show entirely. Nobody cares*.

*No really, even if you say you care you don't care about Hawkeye.