Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lena Dunham
Sep 19, 2017

quote:

Whether you love it, hate it, can’t stand it, or can’t get enough of it, one polarizing McDonald’s sandwich is sashaying its way back onto select menus.

On Nov. 2, the fast food giant confirmed the return of the McRib sandwich in a press release, stating that it will be available for a limited time only at participating U.S. restaurants.

The news doesn't come as a complete surprise — local McDonald’s franchises in markets around the country have already teased the return of the beloved barbeque item: McDonald's SoCal tweeted on Monday that the famed McRib will return on Nov. 2, as did McDonald's Hawaii, which will begin serving it up on Nov. 7.

https://twitter.com/McDonalds_SoCal/status/925075211015241728

Man I am pumped for the return of the McRib sandwich!!! It's a good sandwich to eat, and is available at your local McDonalds RIGHT NOW. For how long, nobody knows though. Don't wait and miss out on this limited time offering!

Any goons like the McRib sandwich? It's a delicious pork-based sandwich slathered in tangy barbecue sauce and garnished with onions & pickles. Talk about your favorite McRib memories ITT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Gross

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
every ingredient including the bun meat sauce and wrapper is mostly sugar

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!
The sugar is what makes this a great

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Classic Irish sandwich. :munch:

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Probably not coming to Canada :(

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wake me up when the McVeal is released

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Agent Escalus posted:

Probably not coming to Canada :(

Gotta be something like it at Sam Norton’s or whatever. :shrug:

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

It's like a saucy meaty Christmas in November.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Ready for the McRib with Szechuan sauce!

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
they press the pork polymer into a shape resembling an actual rack of ribs with bones so we can enjoy eating them like the sweaty, effete ogres we are

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
The Mulan McRib: A Traditional McRib patty coated in Mulan Sauce instead of BBQ.

Turtle Blogger
Mar 16, 2006

My Angel

The best thing on the McDonald's menu is the Mcgangbang

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

I'm Szechuan McRiiiiiick!

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

I get my McRib with extra pickles on it. Pickles are pretty awesome.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
I went to Berlin this Summer, and since Germany is the only country that has the McRib year round, I had one.

It was pretty good, I had another later in the week. I don't normally eat at McDonald's. but the McRib was good.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

thanks lena dunham

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
oh so they have time to bring back the mcrib but can;'t roll out SZECHUAN SAUCE?

BUSLLSHIT!

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
who remembers when CNN did a news story on this ad and the guy whos job that is randomly clicked a youtube video, choosing this one instead of the real ad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdnr1rKjmUo

Epic Tane
Jan 15, 2017

by zen death robot
Why is this news, they do this every loving year and it's not even that good

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Yea, and I say unto you, bringeth me a machiatto of caramel, with crickets on top.
i'll buy one in honor of my homie ein cooler type

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Shameful to the memory of clan McRib, who were once the flower of the Highlands.

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

pretend its a mcrib

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

gently caress YES, FLAVORLESS MEAT WITH SOMETHING THAT VAGUELY RESEMBLES BARBECUE SAUCE, gently caress YEA!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I usually end up getting one and I have no idea why. It just makes me think of a sandwich that would have been around for a brief period of time in the 70s and never came back

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

gently caress YES, FLAVORLESS MEAT WITH SOMETHING THAT VAGUELY RESEMBLES BARBECUE SAUCE, gently caress YEA!

I recall seeing a youtube video where the asian dude from mythbusters hit up a mcrib factory and they were just churning regular old cheap pork cuts into the patties. Nothing weird about them it was just whole shoulders cuts you can buy at your grocer for like 1-2 bucks a pound.

Commercial bbq sauce in general is p sugary though yeah.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

ArbitraryC posted:

I recall seeing a youtube video where the asian dude from mythbusters hit up a mcrib factory and they were just churning regular old cheap pork cuts into the patties. Nothing weird about them it was just whole shoulders cuts you can buy at your grocer for like 1-2 bucks a pound.

Commercial bbq sauce in general is p sugary though yeah.

Yes, Rib meat made from flavorless and probably ground up pork shoulder and probably bones, nothing weird about that.

Ohnonotme
Jul 23, 2007
Yay!

Turtle Blogger posted:

The best thing on the McDonald's menu is the Mcgangbang

Edgy as gently caress!

HELLBITCH
Sep 15, 2017

bad at posting
Thanks for posting a McDonalds ad, here on these forums

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Yes, Rib meat made from flavorless and probably ground up pork shoulder and probably bones, nothing weird about that.

if you're gonna call pork shoulder flavorless you might as well call all meat flavorless

It's like the cut to smoke/slowcook and use for bbq, which is what they're doing with it they just sell it as a patty instead of shredded.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

tbh I trust McD meat more than a local restaurant's, they're under much more intense scrutiny and were the first fast food chain to quit using pink slime before it was a national conversation

that being said the McRib has way too much of the sugary BBQ sauce and you can tell it's because without it the patty looks really gross

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

nah

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

walker told me i have aids

HELLBITCH
Sep 15, 2017

bad at posting
Is obesity a superpower

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
Pfft. Come get me when they bring back the Mc DLT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Dammit I will probably have to get one. They are mediocre, but acceptable.

• Locked thread