Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Yeah, they are pretty good, not great, but they are a good once a year treat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

Linnear
Nov 3, 2010
I must say, I liked these a lot in the 90's. I ate it again when they brought it back the last time around... and it tasted about the same, but I was no longer enamored with it. It was a lot smaller than I remembered it being too.

But drat, the sandwich as presented in the ads sure make my mouth water. Welp, back to plain old water and sardines.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
As an effete nerd, I just wanted to drop in and say that last time I ate at McDonalds I spent the next six hours on the toilet !! I can’t believe real people eat the McRib

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
I'll have 1 i guess, I cant remember what they taste like

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
It looks like a poo poo sandwich

HELLBITCH
Sep 15, 2017

bad at posting
If I were to sell a poo poo sandwich, it would need a really good marketing campaign. Perhaps something seasonal? A false sense of scarcity for the poo poo sandwich, an illusion of supply to raise demand?

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

HELLBITCH posted:

If I were to sell a poo poo sandwich, it would need a really good marketing campaign. Perhaps something seasonal? A false sense of scarcity for the poo poo sandwich, an illusion of supply to raise demand?

Dripping in McShit Sauce

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

HELLBITCH posted:

Is obesity a superpower

not unless you are shut-in levels of morbidly obese and can still function normally for the most part

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

As an effete nerd, I just wanted to drop in and say that last time I ate at McDonalds I spent the next six hours on the toilet !! I can’t believe real people eat the McRib

Sorry your guts suck.

Hooray McRib!

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Ruffian Price posted:

tbh I trust McD meat more than a local restaurant's, they're under much more intense scrutiny and were the first fast food chain to quit using pink slime before it was a national conversation

that being said the McRib has way too much of the sugary BBQ sauce and you can tell it's because without it the patty looks really gross

Wasn't pink slime such a fake thing to the point that the media companies generally capable of weaseling their way out of broadcasting objective lies under suits using the excuse that it's just "entertainment broadcasting" actually got successfully sued over their portrayal of the product.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

ArbitraryC posted:

Wasn't pink slime such a fake thing

Lol, no.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

you sorta seemed to dodge the rest of my post. I bet you're a staunch antivaxxer and anti gmo activist too.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The McRib looks like one of those tiny pathetic "authentic 'real meat' boneless rib" things you get in a hungry man meal

edit

pictured: the source of the fabled seasonal meal The McRib

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
I am a millennial and i am here to kill mcdonalds!

i've never had a mcrib or a big mac

grill youre saelf
Jan 22, 2006

As a mcd employee I hate the return of the mcrib because the sauce burns my nostrils when i heat it in the morning. I do enjoy the increase in sales it brings for a couple weeks before everyone tires of it again.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
There was an article I'm too lazy to find right now, but the McRib is McDonald's way of regulating and correcting abnormally low pork prices by increasing demand and reducing supply.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Anyone who doesn't eat at least one McRib each time they bring it back should have their citizenship rescinded.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Breakfast Feud posted:

There was an article I'm too lazy to find right now, but the McRib is McDonald's way of regulating and correcting abnormally low pork prices by increasing demand and reducing supply.

lmao the system works

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Breakfast Feud posted:

They basically wait for porkbutt to get cheap enough and then buy it all up to sell it right? I think most of their other stuff is grown on their own farms/ranches.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Lena Dunham posted:

https://twitter.com/McDonalds_SoCal/status/925075211015241728

Man I am pumped for the return of the McRib sandwich!!! It's a good sandwich to eat, and is available at your local McDonalds RIGHT NOW. For how long, nobody knows though. Don't wait and miss out on this limited time offering!

Any goons like the McRib sandwich? It's a delicious pork-based sandwich slathered in tangy barbecue sauce and garnished with onions & pickles. Talk about your favorite McRib memories ITT.

Are you really Lena Dunham op?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Pork is the last meat of the retard.

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
It's all about the war on McRib these days, no respect for tradition.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

ArbitraryC posted:

They basically wait for porkbutt to get cheap enough and then buy it all up to sell it right? I think most of their other stuff is grown on their own farms/ranches.

It's like this but more complicated. McD's has a big handle on pork suppliers too (I don't know if futures or they actually own farms or what) but having low pork prices negatively effects their company.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Double post but gently caress it I found it.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
ive never eaten one

should i eat one

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

lol

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

lol if youre offended by the mcrib but not a chicken mcnugget

its just a big rib-shaped pork mcnugget

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Chinatown posted:

ive never eaten one

should i eat one

It's the least McDonald's like offering on the menu. It's not good, obviously. Definitely to be experienced though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOOhBeewUOE

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

poverty goat posted:

lol if youre offended by the mcrib but not a chicken mcnugget

its just a big rib-shaped pork mcnugget

but it has a different name

and a bun

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Cut to HamBurglar pounding out Birdie the Early Bird with one of the Fry Kids strung out on heroin in the background.

Badabababa Im lovin it

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Breakfast Feud posted:

It's like this but more complicated. McD's has a big handle on pork suppliers too (I don't know if futures or they actually own farms or what) but having low pork prices negatively effects their company.

capitalism is a beautiful thing

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ArbitraryC posted:

lol

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Ive never had one of these maybe i'll go get one but probably not.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

ArbitraryC posted:

death to america

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lena Dunham
Sep 19, 2017

Chinatown posted: