Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
This is one of the problems with this game. The intro is really boring and generic for several reasons, but it goes on for a bit too long. However, you can’t really skip over any of it, because it will be important later on.

If you can read with auto-scroll on, that’s fine, but you need to turn it off for the poems due to a bug. It will skip the poems before you can read them, and they are the best part of the game. Switch it off when you first start showing off your poems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Monika is pretty much the hint machine. She will tell you what girl likes your poem and why. It can take some trial and error to pick the right words, (minor mechanical spoiler) and you will get punished for trying to get a perfect score. The poem you write also affects the poems you receive; you have to play through multiple times to see them all.

There are “but thou must”-style events (one is coming up shortly, but it’s mostly there for some flavor text and to make you look like an idiot), and you can get locked into certain scenes due to more than the most recent poem you made, but the poem is the main deciding factor for most scenes.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Yeah, as I've said before I don't usually play VNs, so I have no idea how normal some of this stuff is, and how much of it is parody or whatever. In the end it at least I can make light of it and joke about the girls being super thirsty or something.

And this next video is as far as I got. I got carried away and recorded a bunch of videos because I wanted to see what happened next. I forced myself to stop though, so at least my little reactions ITT would be more genuine. Like I know exactly what will happen next, and I've known it for almost a week now.

Yeah, at the time it seemed like the right thing to do. Then I remembered how Sayori was like "Oh, people liking me hurts me!" and that kind of stuff. Though as I said, I have a sneaking suspicion it wouldn't have changed much...

If you really want to know: It doesn’t; she still dies. You can’t magically solve chronic depression like that, and the game treats it realistically.

Either way, the protagonist is a douche.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Holy poo poo, so yeah there's a lot of stuff in the game folder, thanks.

Keep it open, and sort by Date Modified.

• Locked thread