Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen
The auto scroll is reversed. It's a measurement of the time it'll be till the next line, meaning you have it at max.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Well, I mean that's what I assumed, but I just don't know how much of the cliches are really what VNs are like, or how much of it is just this game mocking VNs. But as I said above, I have gotten further into the game, so I know how things are gonna get.

It's...sort of like a hyper compressed version of a dating sim. Even then, usually you get more time to know them and the background, and things are more spaced out.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

Now that it's actually come up, I should mention that this might have been noticeable beforehand if more attention were paid to the words Sayori likes.

In the first video: hopeless, broken, depression, ocean, death, unrequited
Third video: unrequited, empty, sadness, tragedy, misery, shame, lazy
Fourth video: happiness, friends, dazzle, rainbow, sunny, smile, passion, beauty, bliss, warm

Yuri may like the more complicated words, but Sayori really has the lock on the saddest ones.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

Some of them get auto-skipped on auto, some of them auto-skip themselves.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

chiasaur11 posted:

I'm sure it's fine, though.

Everything is fine.

The game is working just as it's meant to.

Well, you don't see anything in the history, do you? So it's fine.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

Don't bully Yuri, she's a nice girl.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

I still don't get how she did what she did, but I think I'm looking too far into something I'm not supposed to take seriously, so I'll shrug it off.

The easy answer is that in dating sims, you frequently see a character whose sole role is effectively to act as the player's information station. For this purpose, they're endowed with supernatural powers to read your relationship points, give you updates on your current status, and other things like that.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

I also wouldn't be surprised if Monica was also upping the tension in their relationships with other members of the Literature Club. In the very short time you have at the end, they sound like they get along a lot better than in the main game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

Well maybe you shouldn't have ignored her and then deleted her.

• Locked thread