Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

This is going to be magical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

This is your own fault dude, you're picking all the Yuri words.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Oh, does that actually determine who I hang out with each day? For some reason I just assumed it was always Yuri, I guess. Sadly it's too late, I've recorded several episodes ahead of this one so I can't change it.

The game kinda calls this out in the first poem section (pick words you think club members will like and something special will happen). You can tell by which of the girls jumps up when you pick a word - note that Yuri was pretty ecstatic about all the depressing words you picked.

the cutesy words at the end of the last video invoked Natsuki. Have fun!

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

I don't think it's too much of a spoiler to say these poor girls have some issues.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Monika? A villain? She's not that remarkable, she's just Monika!

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

She does actually mention manga earlier - she perks up when you mention it.

As much as people playing for the first time slam the beginning for being boring and anime, there is a LOT of subtle foreshadowing that goes over people's heads.

Remember when Sayori said she would write poems till she died?

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Did you check traceback.txt? Check the game folder.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Jeez that thing with the eye is new, I've never seen that and I've been playing/watching farrr too much of this game

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

If you spent more time with Monika you wouldn't need to worry about glitches.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Monika had a lot to say,

But you deleted her.

You monster.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Bitch should've hurried the Hell up and spoke. I don't got all day.

You're the one who clicked yes my dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Monika is incredibly clumsy and poor at fine control. All the black text you see is Monika overwriting what would normally be there. There are hints that Natsuki's dad is strict and Yuri cuts herself (as mentioned) and Monika's good enough to not outright destroy the game but not to subtly plant hints in the girls' heads. Rewatch act II when Yuri gains an odd fondness for pens, there are moments of lucidity where Yuri realizes that something is taking control of her and she's losing her mental struggle.

Also of note is that the girls do seem to have some free will, like with Natsuki's therapy poem.

Lastly if you go back and play act 1 there's a LOT of subtle foreshadowing that pops at you in a repeated playthrough. Sayori is gonna write poems till she dies!

• Locked thread