Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Dennis studies the others for a moment before sighing, running both hands through his hair and tilting his head back to stare at the ceiling. "You're right. We're the only ones near enough to even do anything about this, and if we don't act.." He groans, rubbing his forehead with the heels of his hands. "This is the dumbest thing I have ever done and I am going to die and this will suck so much."

He pulls his cowl back on and takes a deep breath. "Great Plains Avengers, to the Chevy!"

Highway to the Danger Zone
The drive so far had been tense. Little had been said, with Roger driving and Dennis stuck in the back with Toad, and Eve riding shotgun. After ten minutes of driving, traffic going the opposite direction had picked up considerably, and before long the Cavalier was forced to go on the shoulder to allow others fleeing more room to travel.

An earth shaking roar fills the air, rattling the vehicle and its occupants. On the horizon, a spear of flame lances into the sky, and a massive green being begins to take form. Dennis leans forward, gripping the back of Eve's seat, his jaw hanging open. "Oh you have got to be kidding me."

Striding along the highway, standing over one hundred feet tall, is a lithe draconic creature wearing tight purple hot pants. Its knuckles drag the ground as it moves, swatting vehicles out of its way with great ease. It raises its head to roar out and breathe flame into the sky, its tiny wings beating behind it.

Dennis barks a nervous laugh as he flops back into his seat, shaking his head in disbelief. "Every single member of the Avengers have fought that guy! That's Fin Fang Foom! Ha!" He wipes at the brow of his cowl, seeming to forget its there, grinning from ear to ear. "Aw hell, I thought omega level threat meant like.. I dunno, Doctor Doom or something. Iron Man and Cap have both taken this guy out, so maybe we can do this after all."

While Dennis speaks, a car bounces off of the pavement to the right of the Chevy, hurled by a furious and roaring Fin Fang. In spite of Dennis' sudden levity, the gigantic dragon is still obviously a gigantic threat..

Current Scene Distinctions
Turnpike Full of Abandoned Cars
Wide Open Spaces
D-Man Freaking Out
"THAT THING BEAT ALL OF THE AVENGERS AT LEAST ONCE EACH"
Circus Tent Sized Purple Bike Shorts

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jan 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Toad/Mortimer Toynbee

Mortimer stares up at the approaching titan, blinking, and slowly lowers his goggles into place.

"So, it's nice to hear that maybe we're not all going to die in spite of what I'm seeing here, but I still have one question. Why is the bloody dragon wearing purple shorts? It's just, uh, I thought that was the Hulk's thing. Doesn't even make sense, isn't it all internal on lizards? And where did he get them?"

Fin Fang Foom's footsteps begin to make the ground shake even harder. Okay, on second thought, maybe they were all going to die. But at least they could look badass while they did it, right? ...Right?

"Uh, okay, oh God, we gotta do something before he gets close enough to just step on us. Missus C, what do you say to a springboard? I'll give you a boost kick with the ol' Toad legs, you get up there and punch him in the face. Or at least pants him on the way down. N-not a joke, I was hoping he'd trip. ohgodherewego--"

Toad lays down and coils his legs for the boost, trying desperately not to think about the giant monster he can no longer see from this position.

Taking a d4 scene distinction and then immediately spending that PP on a stunt because I am dice starved here:

Springboard Miss C (d10 Team +d4 "THAT THING BEAT ALL OF THE AVENGERS AT LEAST ONCE EACH" +d8 Springboard Kick Stunt +d10 Superhuman Strength +2d8 Acrobatics Master):
2#1d10 1 5
3#1d8 5 8 1
1d4 2

Yikes, 2 opportunities. Taking 8 and 5 on the d8s for Total 13 with a d10 effect die, rolling against the Doom Pool to create the d10 Springboard Launched asset for Missus Congeniality.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Used the two opportunities to add a d8 to the doom pool, annnd...

Doom Pool Reaction (2d10, 2d8): 2d10+1d8 12

2d10=7, 4] [2d8=1

Rolled 2d8 by accident but they were both 1's, but I only had one d8 to roll so I dropped one. One opportunity for the group. 7 with a d10 effect die.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

The Marvelous Missus Congeniality!

PP: 2 | XP: 6

Missus C, for her part, seemed uncommonly cheerful as she looks at the massive green lizard and his equally massive bike shorts. She said, "Aw, I bet he just smelled dat hot dish. A big sniffer like that'd catch a whiff all da way from the Rockies. Still, I ent about to let him wreck up alla dose cars!" As Toad prepared to launch her, the full-metal housewife took a running leap onto the mutant's legs and rocketed up into the air. The sheer altitude and velocity she reached launched her straight over the giant, angry dragon-man and she scrabbled for anything to arrest her fall as she tumbled down it's back.

She found something: the elastic band that held the novelty-sized bike shorts in place. As Eve dropped down to the ground, the billowing mass of bike short fabric followed.

Team d8 + Circus Tent Sized Purple Bike Shorts d8 + Combat Expert d8 + Godlike Strength d12 + Springboard Launched d12
Attempting to pants the gigantic green lizard! (Complication): 2#1d12 12 10 3#1d8 4 3 2

That's a 22 to create the complication, Fin Fang Foom's Got No Pants! d8.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Faultline (formerly G-Bomb)
Roger Malcolm Holden [Public]

Roger looked up at the large dragon, and then looked around. A huge expanse of empty midwestern flat land. Just a highway with abandoned cars, and civilians running away.

Just perfect for Faultline to really let loose.

Faultline closes his eyes and focuses on the world around him. He feels the forces of gravity working its effect on everything. From the giant dragon in front of him, the cars littering the highway, his gerbil companion, and even as it tugs on all the constituent atoms making up each of those things. Trying not to disrupt the field of gravity too much he pulls shallow and wide at the strands holding everything down. Those looking close enough would see the dust on the ground in a hundred yard radius levitate off the ground for a fraction of a second as the gravity holding it down was shifted into Faultline.

Using his mutant ability, Faultline converts all that extra energy into mass, causing his cells to replicate and expand. In a matter of seconds he's looking Fing Fang Foom in the eye; and then strikes the dragon with a surprise left hook as Miss. C pants him.

Okay, going to try and grow super big so as to get the big green guy's attention and punch him, even though I have poo poo for actual durability.

d10team +d8 wide open spaces+d10 graitational growth+d10 menace master+d8fang's got no pants for 3d10+2d8

Grow big or grow home: 3d10+2d8 26

So that is 16 for the attack, and a d10 effect die to try and inflict physical stress.

• Locked thread