Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

yeah hes been the one pushing most for the yemen war and lol thats working out great

So did Qatar calling his bluff on the embargo

and it's cool he arrested the 17th richest rear end in a top hat in the world or whatever, but yeah you don't get away with that poo poo lightly. Chickens are coming home to roost for our boy MBS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Jose posted:

The crown prince is having anyone who might be a rival executed it seems in his bid to make sure he has total power. is this the prince who wanted saudi arabia to stop being wahhabist because that would be good

this is the prince that's pushing for war with iran and massacring yemenis and going psycho on qatar and every saud foreign policy disaster in the last few years. he's bad

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

tekz posted:

this is the prince that's pushing for war with iran and massacring yemenis and going psycho on qatar and every saud foreign policy disaster in the last few years. he's bad
The early caliphate was real good, good on him for realizing that sometimes you need to destroy in order to create.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

tekz posted:

it’s okay though because he’s building Progress City so allah will absolve him for his sins

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
This is basically what happens to complacent Muslim Empires in CK2 so I'm not suprised

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

I hope he remembered to raise his centralization so he can better keep down his uppity vassals

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

The mighty nation of Iran shall bring destruction to these Kharijites, inshallah

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Whorelord posted:

The mighty nation of Iran shall bring destruction to these Kharijites, inshallah

Kharijites are innocent of this crime

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Oh poo poo

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-lebanon-politics-saudi/saudi-arabia-says-lebanon-has-declared-war-on-it-idUSKBN1D62NQ?il=0

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

lol bye bye middle east

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Hariri running away from an explosion like in an action flick lmfao

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

welp

To be fair, North Korea said the same thing about us a couple weeks ago.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

zegermans posted:

Kharijites are innocent of this crime

That sounds like Kharjite talked to me

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Well, Hizbellah has been stockpiling all those rockets....

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.

Dreddout posted:

This is basically what happens to complacent Muslim Empires in CK2 so I'm not suprised

If my experience of CK2 is anything to go by there's like 10 guys banging his wife right now and all his children are bastards.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

suburban virgin posted:

If my experience of CK2 is anything to go by there's like 10 guys banging his wife right now and all his children are bastards.

That's why I only marry homosexual women

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

the coolest thing that could happen imo is that the house of saud ends the same way as the house of romanov :killing:

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Feranon posted:

the coolest thing that could happen imo is that the house of saud ends the same way as the house of romanov :killing:

An Arabian Comintern would be pretty dope

We'd finally get off of fossil fuels

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.

Dreddout posted:

That's why I only marry homosexual women

yeah but what about in CK2

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Feranon posted:

the house of romanov was easy mode, they had to shoot like what, six people four of them children? house of saud numbers in the tens of thousands with probably hundreds of children

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

What the Hell is he talking about?

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
love to give medieval shitholes oil money

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
apparently they’re declaring iran too? do they even have a cause belli????

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

THE ORB HUNGERS

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

eh heh heh heh heh
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/927673257230327808
ah hah hah hah HAH HA HA HA HA HA

THS
Sep 15, 2017

this is all just saber rattling right now but i sincerely hope this all leads to the death of the saudi royal family

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Office Pig posted:

eh heh heh heh heh
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/927673257230327808
ah hah hah hah HAH HA HA HA HA HA

no greater indictment of their capabilities than this

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

luv 2 bomb my own embassy

https://twitter.com/AhmadAlgohbary/status/927589345267249152

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

apparently they’re declaring iran too? do they even have a cause belli????

wait, what?

even in the middle east in 2017 that would be a pretty fuckin big Mattering

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
https://twitter.com/AP/status/927355812888088576

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Yandat posted:

this is all just saber rattling right now but i sincerely hope this all leads to the death of the saudi royal family

Some Al-Saud heads will leave their necks before all this is over. Probably not all 30,000 of them though

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Hey nobody diss my beatiful baby boy MbS.

He's the greatest dontcha know. :colbert:

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

eh that's not an outright declaration, that's more like north korea calling it an act of war every time an american farts

but we did just give them an extremely dotarded amount of shiny expensive military hardware, so if they actually meant it then :whitewater:

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Feranon posted:

eh that's not an outright declaration, that's more like north korea calling it an act of war every time an american farts

but we did just give them an extremely dotarded amount of shiny expensive military hardware, so if they actually meant it then :whitewater:

the saudis aren't able to competently operate their advanced hardware, their military is a joke

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Yandat posted:

the saudis aren't able to competently operate their advanced hardware, their military is a joke

all they have to do is operate it slightly more competently than the rest of the middle east though

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

all they have to do is operate it slightly more competently than the rest of the middle east though

getting humiliated in yemen points to this not being likely

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

They've never been able to do this ever. It's why they needed the US to bail them out when Iraq invaded Kuwait. Even assuming the Sauds had a military that wasn't complete trash, they don't have the manpower to take on a real country like Iran or a Shia-dominated Iraq.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

they can import south asians and create a slave army

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Yandat posted:

they can import south asians and create a slave army

They're already fighting in Yemen with hired on Southern Yemenis and South American mercenaries who have been murdering leftists for decades, but it's not making any difference.

• Locked thread