Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

MBS is a monstrous piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

get that OUT of my face posted:

killmonger was the good guy though

killmonger didnt go too far enough, tbh

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Killmonger was setting himself up to be an ultimately failed tyrant. His post-coup plan was distribute weapons to those loyal to him, then pass those weapons on to people who would pledge to the cause. It would then depend on the revolutionaries remaining loyal to Killmonger thru bribery, coercion, or a cult of personality.

Except by then he would have already make Wakanda a global pariah resulting in mass mobilization of global military forces and superheroes resulting in the nations ultimate conquest. The vibrinium and technology would be stolen by the conquerors as reparations and Wakanda would be left as a weak vassal state.

Not that T'Challa was doing his people any favors by reverting the nation to an absolute monarchy held in place by tradition instead of force of arms.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Al-Saqr posted:

He’s staying for a while. Saudis are an extrmely servile cowardly bunch.

Eh, he might have a particularly unhinged nephew or cousin that the imams are willing to use and then deny culpability.

There’s a lot of groups who would benefit from his death and the resulting chaos in SA. poo poo happens.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

it depends on if he can keep decadence below 75%

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

hobbesmaster posted:

it depends on if he can keep decadence below 75%

is ck2 still free on steam?

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
on the bright side we now know MBS's fursona, so that's nice

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

I haven't seen the movie but Wakanda is Saudi Arabia isn't it?

Rich rear end country due to a valuable natural resource.

Absolute heredity monarchy.

Nobility hoards all of the benefit of the natural resource for themselves (superpowers from that flower(?) thing vs. virtually unlimited piles of cash).

Survives geopolitically through close relationship with the United States, which covets their scarce resource.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RandomPauI posted:

Killmonger was setting himself up to be an ultimately failed tyrant. His post-coup plan was distribute weapons to those loyal to him, then pass those weapons on to people who would pledge to the cause. It would then depend on the revolutionaries remaining loyal to Killmonger thru bribery, coercion, or a cult of personality.

Except by then he would have already make Wakanda a global pariah resulting in mass mobilization of global military forces and superheroes resulting in the nations ultimate conquest. The vibrinium and technology would be stolen by the conquerors as reparations and Wakanda would be left as a weak vassal state.

Not that T'Challa was doing his people any favors by reverting the nation to an absolute monarchy held in place by tradition instead of force of arms.

ok

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
so the saudis are literally gonna engineer Qatar into an island. like, for real. with a canal. this isn't a joke and if it were it wouldn't be funny

"lol"

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
who cares what the actual story is, Disney and Marvel chose to portray a black revolutionary as a deranged bloodthirsty savage who had to be stopped by a literal monarch and don’t get any ideas black people, only incremental reform via the Obama Foundation is acceptable in our white supremacist global hegemony

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Also, any caste systems will be fixed someday when the people who are prevented from enjoying the fruits of the system are "useful" to that same system.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Willie Tomg posted:

so the saudis are literally gonna engineer Qatar into an island. like, for real. with a canal. this isn't a joke and if it were it wouldn't be funny

"lol"

Qatar is probably better off having a moat between themselves and the Saudis. The Saudi solution to problems that won’t go away is to just pretend they don’t exist.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Qatar is probably better off having a moat between themselves and the Saudis. The Saudi solution to problems that won’t go away is to just pretend they don’t exist.

Saudi Arabia is :tif: if the dog started all the fires

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

is there any reason why you haven't bolted out of saudi arabia at this point?

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
where would he go

try applying for citizenship somewhere else

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

rudatron posted:

where would he go

try applying for citizenship somewhere else
well, yeah, do that first, and then get the gently caress out of there

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

It's easy to forget that our president believed the Saudis when they told him Qatar is a terrorist nation because they projected his face onto a hotel, and then he greenlit a Gulf State blockade that completely failed and pushed Qatar into Iran's orbit anyway.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It is of course the pact of the :orb:

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

it owns that other nations basically run the usa now

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Taintrunner posted:

who cares what the actual story is, Disney and Marvel chose to portray a black revolutionary as a deranged bloodthirsty savage who had to be stopped by a literal monarch and don’t get any ideas black people, only incremental reform via the Obama Foundation is acceptable in our white supremacist global hegemony

dag, yo

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i'm kinda upset that chapo never reviewed black panther but did review ready player one

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The Big Head Scientist review is all you need

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

i'm kinda upset that chapo never reviewed black panther but did review ready player one

t'challa go on chapo

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
t'chapo trap panther

orange sky
May 7, 2007

orange sky has issued a correction as of 18:51 on Apr 20, 2018

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

VectorSigma posted:

it owns that other nations basically run the usa now

Now? :raise:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

There is some poo poo going down in Saudi Arabia!!!

https://twitter.com/Ethiopia_Abebe/status/987770573089656834

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
trump

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Official line right now is that it's a drone?

https://twitter.com/aejleslie/status/987778353276030976

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

al saqr get in here

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
just a drone. apparently a drone got too close to the palace and security freaked out and started shooting at it

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
prevailing Take atm seems to be "how fuckin' bad are you at shooting it takes half an army magdumping at the sky to hit a drone, what is wrong with you all"

i can barely hit paper at the range tho, so i don't really get to talk poo poo :(

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
they are reporting the crown prince is wounded

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

al saqr get in here

and do what exactly? lol I really dont know what I can say until some solid news comes out or something that tells me what's going on.

paul_soccer10 posted:

they are reporting the crown prince is wounded

you're making GBS threads me, do you have actual sources?!

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
its really cool how "CONFIRMED:" in the year 2018 means "our social media slut saw this other person say a thing on twitter"

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

who?

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Willie Tomg posted:

its really cool how "CONFIRMED:" in the year 2018 means "our social media slut saw this other person say a thing on twitter"

:cripes:

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al-Saqr posted:

and do what exactly? lol I really dont know what I can say until some solid news comes out or something that tells me what's going on.

you're making GBS threads me, do you have actual sources?!

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

I'm going to assume by your 'yes' and nothing else that you dont have actual sources and you're talking out of your rear end.

• Locked thread