Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Willie Tomg posted:

its really cool how "CONFIRMED:" in the year 2018 means "our social media slut saw this other person say a thing on twitter"

that’s a super weird way to say it man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

that’s a super weird way to say it man

you're right but now its been quoted a couple times so i may as well wear the shame

there are maybe 12 folks on earth who know wtf is happening right now though and tweets are basically a heads-up that in 24 hours we may or may not know a thing.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
BREAKING: Sources in Riyadh are saying that Mohamed bin-Salman is a big stupid moron with an ugly face and a big butt and his butt smells and he likes to kiss his own butt.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
mbs dead of aids

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Split the difference, he was hit by bullets falling back down to the earth.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Willie Tomg posted:

BREAKING: Sources in Riyadh are saying that Mohamed bin-Salman is a big stupid moron with an ugly face and a big butt and his butt smells and he likes to kiss his own butt.
that goes without saying

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

lol

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

my sources in teh saudi palace tell me it wasnt a drone at all, but a really big rear end hummingbird. he has successfully seized power and been crowed the new king

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i do like its now clear the saudi palace has no real defenses against a drone except wildly shooting into the air. houthis take note

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
a big rear end muslim hummingbird

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

i do like its now clear the saudi palace has no real defenses against a drone except wildly shooting into the air. houthis take note

for as much pointless milgear poo poo they buy you’d think they’d have bought one of those drone jammer guns

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

how do I apply for this position

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Darkman Fanpage posted:

for as much pointless milgear poo poo they buy you’d think they’d have bought one of those drone jammer guns
has a drone jammer ever actually been known to work operationally

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Darkman Fanpage posted:

knowing the track record of regimes in the region, they have and have the same rate of efficacy as my Patented Anti-Tiger Powder

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-29459896

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
they were working in iraq where the US and iraqis were using them against isis drones in mosul

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
it's not like it's rocket science. just a directional signal jammer that causes the drone to lose connection with its controller causing it to automatically land

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
They make them with off the shelf gps guidance now. No need for a controller.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

yeah im pretty surprised you havent seen more terrorism and stuff with drones. seems pretty simple.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

yeah im pretty surprised you havent seen more terrorism and stuff with drones. seems pretty simple.

it's because you'd need a predator-sized drone to actually lift something heavier than a firecracker.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

ISIS was all into it for a while when they were still a thing.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I don't think that there's a future for suicide drone swarms but I'm sure we'll see them used sooner rather than later.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Isn't a suicide drone just an extremely slow rear end missile

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Found a picture of the drone they shot down

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
bunch of government planes took off at 1am local time. seems completely normal.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/ajbrzski/status/987835202297843713

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

RandomPauI posted:

I don't think that there's a future for suicide drone swarms but I'm sure we'll see them used sooner rather than later.

Individual ones are already being used

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dgvBb5ke-E

Swarms are just a question of how many they can sell the government at once. IOW, marketing.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

in a decade all warfare is just going to be extremely expensive drones smashing into each other

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

our troops' duty is clear -- to build and maintain those robots

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Isn't a suicide drone just an extremely slow rear end missile

yes but it's a whole lot more off the shelf

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

in a decade all warfare is just going to be extremely expensive drones smashing into each other

Nah

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

for starters: the Big Enough kinda drones are expensive

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I guess suicide drones have potential loiter over a target that you don't get with a ground-to-ground missile in that they can survey and area, wait for a target, and then hit it.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

but enough about the troops

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Mayor Dave posted:

but enough about the troops

at least won't have to worry about local bars getting destroyed or prostitutes getting black eyes.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Robot Jox was a documentary

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

I too played universal paperclips

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

There were a shitload of isis vids of them dropping grenades and improvised bombs from drones dude

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al-Saqr posted:

I'm going to assume by your 'yes' and nothing else that you dont have actual sources and you're talking out of your rear end.

no dont

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Willie Tomg posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj1MCjeFxrM

• Locked thread