Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It’s that time of year again, time for Secret Santa

No real rules or restrictions. There is a price limit on there but feel free to go as high or low as you want, just make it fun and interesting.

When you sign up it will give you the option of not shipping internationally so make sure you check that if you'd prefer not to.

When you sign up try to include your forum name somewhere so your Santa knows what your interests are.

Make sure to note it on Elster when you’ve shipped so I don’t accidentally shame anyone like last year.

Signups will be open until the 20th. Open to anyone but this is BSS specific so ideally you’ll like Onslaught comics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

RevKrule posted:

We had a google quiz in earlier years that did the prefs and poo poo. Have we thought about doing that again?

Yeah something like that could be handy. The wishlist function on elfster lets you enter your own generic stuff as well though so you could always just note stuff like that there.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If you;re interested in signing up make sure you actually, you know, sign up. Right now there's only two of us, which is fine I guess but it's sure going to ruin the surprise.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Madkal posted:

I just did it. I will create a wishlist of expensive and hard to find stuff later. Also, I am in Canada and don't mind shipping to the states.

So far everyone signed up is Canadian actually.

Looks like we're all getting Alpha Flight

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I do try to keep it open ended for people, but a $25 minimum seems reasonable enough, with an exception for any handmade sort of things

As for the Spain I see no issue there. In this day and age you have amazon and Etsy shops in every country anyways, and digital is for sure an option

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The elfster one is pretty modular. It pools from online shopping places so you can add stuff directly there, but you can also put text based entries in or a link to your amazon list etc.

Or of course just post it in the thread

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yvonmukluk posted:

Is that $25 Canadian or US?

I think I might not be able to participate this year, now I think about it more - I don't really have the disposable income I had this time last year, not to mention the pound's weak because of Brexit...still got 3 days to figure out, but I think it's unlikely.

:smith:

It's a judgement call. I mean honestly if you're a little under I'm sure nobody will mind, we just want to avoid situations where someone sends a nice, thoughtful package and receives a couple coffee stained singles

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

RevKrule posted:

It is always and will always be better to give someone something that means something to you rather than going to an amazon wishlist and just clicking some buttons.

I've both given and received dog eared and worn copies of books people really loving love in previous BSSSS events and they always mean more than brand new books that someone just had amazon drop ship.

While the price is a general guide, judgment and attention to the sentiment are infinitely more important. Don't get hung up on it.

Yes 100%, that's kind of what I've been trying to get across but much better put

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

A Strange Aeon posted:

So I signed up--do I need to add things to my wishlist through whatever site they have? Or can I somehow get things over from Amazon?

You can post a link on the elfster wish list, or just link it here

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

And we're go!

Please make sure you check it off in Elfster when you've shipped, or at least contact me/your santee, so I don't mis-Grinch anyone later

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm just waiting on one piece before I send mine off, but my santee also lives like 2 hours away so worst case scenario

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Haha yeah sorry, we'd done the recycling the night before and I was frantically looking for a box, that was all I had.

That hat loving rules too and it was a struggle not grinch it. Merry christmas

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

This arrived without a note but I assume it's from someone here. Haven't heard of either of these but they both look cool and OMWOT looks very much like my kind of poo poo.
Merry xmas!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

As with most of the rules in my SSes it's "Do whatever you want who cares"

Also personally I like knowing because I'm in 3 different ones and it's good to know if something got missed. I'm just assuming the package I got is from here because they're both comics

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

For real though thanks. OMWOT absolutely is my jam and I've been reading Sticks Angelica lately and really digging it. I wouldn't feel bad about "leg work", I asked to share something new and interesting with me and you nailed that side of things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Merry Christmas ya'll. Pretty sure everyone was on the nice list this year but if anyone didn't receive anything yet please do let me know ASAP

• Locked thread