Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Sign me up. Maybe I will actually read onslaught reborn before I send it off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Retro Futurist posted:

If you;re interested in signing up make sure you actually, you know, sign up. Right now there's only two of us, which is fine I guess but it's sure going to ruin the surprise.

Don't tell me what to do!!!

I just did it. I will create a wishlist of expensive and hard to find stuff later. Also, I am in Canada and don't mind shipping to the states.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I have added stuff to my wishlist. Some of it is even affordable. I kind of swung for the fences with my wishlist though so don't be freaked out by the Batman PJ's.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

A Strange Aeon posted:

I just noticed literally every other person is not in the United States. I changed my setting to agree to International--not sure how else this would work!

Unless you are sending a handmade batman of zur en arrh costume to your Santee Amazon is probably the cheaper and easier option. Also as much as I like sending personal handmade boxes for it, Amazon also makes sure your gift arrives while regular post overseas might not be as trustworthy.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I listed my stuff on wishlist in elfstar. If no-one can see it let me know. You can assume the 800 dollar lego deathstar is on there though (it isn't).

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
drat you keeners. Anyway I am waiting for next paycheck this week before I do anything, and I still don't know if that anything consists of going to second hand book shops and looking for out of print stuff or just going to Amazon. In other words my gift will probably be more dependent on how much time I have more than anything else, but don't worry, cool stuff will still be sent to my santee.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
To my santee I will probably be sending out the package by the end of this week. Still need to add some finishing touches but I think I got most of the stuff I wanted to get. Maybe I will order some other stuff to pad it out. Or not. Anyway, it will be coming through snail mail so expect some snail mail in the future.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Update on my gift. Even though I got most of the stuff second hand (figured I can give more that way) I did order an awesome title new because it is an awesome title. Just waiting for it to arrive now and then I will send the gift out. That will probably be this Friday so you should get your gift next week.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Hey Santee. Your gift was just sent. The nice lady at the post office said it will take 10 days. So expect something in 10 days

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Hey santa. Your package arrived. I'm not at home yet but I will try take pics and such when I get home. Thanks

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I got home last night after having a bit of a family dinner, and what do I see waiting for me:

A big brown package with superhero stickers on it

Sweet! I am intrigued. Time to see what is inside

Okay, clearly someone sent me the wrong gift, or a gag gift or something. I mean I have watched Paw Patrol with my wife's nephews but I am hardly what you would call a fan of the show. Is this a joke gift? Did someone accidentally send me a gift thinking I was secretly a 5 year old boy?

Nope!

Clearly my Santa knows I am not a 5 year old but a mid-30's man instead. Instead of being flooded with Paw Patrol gifts that I would have to repackage and give to my wife's nephews, I received Fantastic Four Volume 1 by Hickman, a sweet Spiderman snapback (that my wife asked me "why the hell did you put that on your wishlist"....if she only knew), and Stan Lee swag. The Lee swag kind of took me back because I can honestly say that I would never expect Stan Lee swag ever, but know the Stan Lee pin is on my backpack along with a whole bunch of other pins, and the Stan Lee sodaz figure is chilling on my work desk with beach time Homer, Alex Burrows and surfing Batman.

Thank you Santa goon for some awesome gifts.

NB: not pictured is the digital copy of Mr Miracle by Kirby. I am getting more into reading digital comics now that I have a tablet and am looking forward to plunging into that one.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Hey Santee, I checked the tracking deets on the stuff I sent and it said it was delivered yesterday, so hopefully you got your gift. Also if you got your gift yesterday well....er....surprise

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I like knowing what people got. Gives me ideas for next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Yea I'm pretty sure my gift arrived but if my Santee wants to talk about it or something I won't mind

• Locked thread