Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
What the hell, I like comics, I am mostly comic-illiterate, so why not do this. It's not like I'll be getting duplicates of anything.

Just a question before I join, I am on Spain. I am willing to pay shipping costs to America (unless my santa asks for a batman-shaped dumbbell or similar), or, failing that, to go digital, and I don't mind receiving digital stuff either. Is there anything wrong with it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Great! I went ahead and registered anyway. I also thought of direct Amazon shipping after I posted, but I was lazy and didn't edit the post.

Also, $25 as a minimum sounds good.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

I just realized my wishlist really sucks. To be frank, while I like comics, I do not own much if all of anything, so I am game for almost everything (and consequently I have no clue what to put there). I prefer modern things over silver-age as I grew up reading old inherited comics and still have a bunch of those. As for genres, realism, superheroic, fantasy or sci-fi are all great, terror or gore not so much. In addition to the couple items at the wishlist, I would not mind getting some Blacksad (I only have "hell, silence") or Supersons (read a couple, don't own any). Or hell, anything, really. Sorry I am not that good of a santee...

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Dear santee,

A package is heading your way (hopefully, if I haven't messed up somehow). Overseas mail is expensive as hell and I don't fancy the idea of spending money into it instead of into something that would be appreciated, so, as A Strange Aeon said upthread, I apologize for the lack of any odd personal stuff. To make up for it, apart from the stuff on your wishlist I am also sending you a digital copy (paid for at a fair price, if you care about creator support) of a comic series by a Spanish cartoonist that has been having a good reception over here. I'd have liked to send something more interesting, but nevertheless, enjoy!

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Dear Santa:

It took a while to arrive, but we have been having a mail workers' strike over here so it might have been that. Despite my odd wishlist, your gift was awesome! I really appreciate the handwritten card too. Many thanks, they will be read and enjoyed shortly. Have a nice Christmas!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Jordan7hm posted:

I dunno if we’re letting cats out of the bag about who the Santa’s are, but I think I know who mine is. I got mine the other day and wasn’t going to open it but after Retro posted I said screw it and opened it last night.

It’s amazing.

I’ll post details when I get home. I’m slightly ashamed I didn’t put near as much legwork into it.

Given geographical distribution of the Santas, mine at least can only be one person (thank you again! Really enjoying Journey into Mystery so far!) and my santee also knows because I had to send them an e-mail. I don't know what the rules about disclosing are, though.

• Locked thread