Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

I got stomped on stream --nothing new-- was fun!

Minus the 10est starttime. gently caress that.

same, though not the main stream. averse and hudat streamed their games, in which we lost 0-5 and 1-5, respectively. but now my friend list has a bunch of good players on it which was really my endgoal!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Played some of this last night after quitting just before Ezmo came out.

I am so rusty, but at least my Lucie is passable.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

For what it's worth, I put in a ton of hours in early access and would consider myself to be at a pretty passable level, skill and knowledge wise. So if any of yall have questions on the game or whatever, shoot em my way and I should be able to help, or at least direct you to someone in the know.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
The servers are having a field day today, I can't get any of my rewards for playing. Game is still lots of fun tho, the in-game tool to pick battlerites is better than the in-menu one.
Pearl still best support.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
re: the server issues, it's apparently caused by some massive outages happening in France right now and has nothing to do with SLS themselves. it definitely sucks though, and it probably left a pretty lovely first impression for people watching streams or trying to play.

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

What's the best matchmaking queue for the start of the game? I'm worried that stunlock has screwed up again by putting in too many game modes and fracturing the playerbase. I personally prefer 2s and think it would be healthy for the game (getting one friend to play on a team is way easier than two friends) The battleground mode is also pretty fun. you spend more time in game rather than waiting in matchmaking and it just feels less punishing to be bad at than straight up arena mode. finding matches has not been hard today though.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
2s
3s
2s (solo)
3s (solo)
2s ranked
3s ranked
2s (solo) ranked
3s (solo) ranked
battleground

so 9 queues I guess? tho unless they changed it, casual can match into ranked (you just have a hidden mmr in casual is all)

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

slouch posted:

What's the best matchmaking queue for the start of the game? I'm worried that stunlock has screwed up again by putting in too many game modes and fracturing the playerbase. I personally prefer 2s and think it would be healthy for the game (getting one friend to play on a team is way easier than two friends) The battleground mode is also pretty fun. you spend more time in game rather than waiting in matchmaking and it just feels less punishing to be bad at than straight up arena mode. finding matches has not been hard today though.

2s league, either solo or with a friend, are both constantly popping. 3s is much more rare, taking 3-10 minutes between games depending on when you play. battlegrounds also seem popular atm.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
90% of the time I play it won't record the results and requires an alt+F4 to play another match. I don't see this taking off if people won't even play it for free.

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

The only reason that's happening is because theres a huge power outage from some french server provider that sls relies on. It's not their fault and all they can do is wait it out

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Countblanc posted:

2s league, either solo or with a friend, are both constantly popping. 3s is much more rare, taking 3-10 minutes between games depending on when you play. battlegrounds also seem popular atm.

idk what the point of battlegrounds is, they shouldnt be adding more game modes with a relatively small playerbase

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
FOLKS, this game is good poo poo.

Macavity
Jun 29, 2006

There never was a cat of such deceitfulness and suavity.
Fun Shoe

tekz posted:

idk what the point of battlegrounds is, they shouldnt be adding more game modes with a relatively small playerbase

BG functions as a low-stress environment to get a feel for how the game/your champion works. it definitely needs tweaking* but the idea is solid, imo.

*The leveling/buff system makes it hard to ever have a good grip on how much damage you can deal or expect to take, and there is too much waiting in general. I'd really like to see an experimental version of battlegrounds without the guardians at all. Make winning a mini event give you a point, first to 3 wins.

Also. If they really want to reduce queue times they should do this.

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Countblanc posted:

i also only recently noticed that you can be queued for 2s and 3s at the same time by checking both boxes in the bottom left on the bloodline selection screen. :negative: now im getting consistantly getting matches in about a minute and a half which feels alright.

Sokani posted:

90% of the time I play it won't record the results and requires an alt+F4 to play another match. I don't see this taking off if people won't even play it for free.

if you are talking about the black loading screen that pops up after matches, that's the game trying to connect to the rewards server which has been annoyingly unstable and slow for a while. (previous poster described why) it doesn't actually require you to close or restart the game, even though it looks like it might be frozen. wait a bit and the game will recognize that it can't access the server it is trying to connect to and put you back to the lobby screen.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Super good to see the playerbase in sniffing reach of 30k active players.

Battlegrounds is infested with leavers for some reason, although I had a very amusing moment where I baited and a kited a Jade into chasing me all the way to my guardian. As she began winding up her ultimate while I was behind the gate I just stood there and laughed.

She ragequit a few moments later and we got a free win.

Not-entirely-related but this game really needs the taunts and animations that BLC had. I'd like to be able to wave 'Hello!' or do a dance or something.

Post-round victory poses also feel remarkably stiff and unanimated.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Oh sweet deal, if you logged between F2P launch and today you get a 1000 gold coins, 3 silver chests, a unique avatar and all boosts you have get extended by 3 days.

All of this to compensate for the server issues, that go handled.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Man, I'd avoided Jade until recently because someone in my group is always playing Jade. But trying her out, she's so effortless to actually do well with. I'd played a ton of Iva and I have to really squeeze to get effectiveness out of her. (Why is Iva marked a beginner hero?)

The only real issue I've ran into is she kinda sucks if the enemy team is avoiding Snipes correctly and also staying out of range of her pistols.

I can't get the hang of Taya, and the increased windup on her M1 is really screwing with me, as well as generally feeling starved for damage on her abilities. Any tips on how to do well with her?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Taya requires the battlerite that stuns on wall push on her Q. She has a basically-essential combo of Q (or EX-Q) > x-strike for a huge amount of burst damage. It feels unintuitive to throw yourself into melee with Ex-Q but it's a pretty important part of her gameplan and you just sorta have to get used to it.

If you want more specific advice I recommend watching some of Averse's footage on twitch. He's easily the best Taya player right now.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

This game would really benefit from a Play of the Game system I think. They already have most of the coding infrastructure in place, as far as I can tell from the Odeum.

(Why is the Odeum hidden behind [More] in the main menu? There's plenty of room on the bar.)

strong bird
May 12, 2009

The deer is too sexy.

Also, the interface is very bad

strong bird fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Nov 11, 2017

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Just opened up this avatar.

:thunk:

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
It wouldn't be gaming if you weren't pandering to horny manchildren

strong bird
May 12, 2009

The God drat deer is too sexy. Countblanc how did this happen

Quad
Dec 31, 2007

I've seen pogs you people wouldn't believe
Is there a good way to get used to the controls other than just brute-force over time? Game looked fun and then 4 tutorials later I have 6 skills and 2 EX skills, 4 of which I can't use while moving because they're bound to left hand, and ho boy there is such a thing as too many buttons. Not every game has to be HotS with 3 skills and an Ult but wow it's overwhelming.
Also Thorn is awesome.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
BLC was fun, how does this play in comparison?

koolkal posted:

It wouldn't be gaming if you weren't pandering to horny manchildren

I mean that's more of a joke than actually doing it.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Slightly slower, one less ability per hero, more of a focus on territorial control due to orbs and lack of self rez/heal that rewarded kiting in the first game.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Quad posted:

Is there a good way to get used to the controls other than just brute-force over time? Game looked fun and then 4 tutorials later I have 6 skills and 2 EX skills, 4 of which I can't use while moving because they're bound to left hand, and ho boy there is such a thing as too many buttons. Not every game has to be HotS with 3 skills and an Ult but wow it's overwhelming.
Also Thorn is awesome.

Play one of the easier heroes I guess

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Anyone else having problems with staying in a lobby?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Ruzihm posted:

Anyone else having problems with staying in a lobby?

Yeah, among other issues. I'm guessing the servers are overwhelmed right now, should stabilize in a couple days.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
On my phone so I can't link, but they tweeted out some issue about half an hour ago having to do with matchmaking, and that they were investigating it. So it sounds like it isn't just general server congestion. Either way I hope it gets fixed.

And I warned you all about Blossom in the op. Though to be fair Raigon and Sirius are just as sexy.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

deer butt, so what?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Forsen! I have to show you the temple of the sun!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Minrad posted:

Forsen! I have to show you the temple of the sun!

This reminds me of the scariest loving thing in Dead Space.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Anyone else not get their rewards for the server issues?

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

Det_no posted:

Anyone else not get their rewards for the server issues?

Me

Macavity
Jun 29, 2006

There never was a cat of such deceitfulness and suavity.
Fun Shoe
Are you sure? They just appear in inventory, you don't get a prompt/gift notification. Check your avatar list for this avatar:

vvvv edit: bummer. idk then, create a ticket? https://support.battlerite.com/hc/en-us

Macavity fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Nov 11, 2017

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Macavity posted:

Are you sure? They just appear in inventory, you don't get a prompt/gift notification. Check your avatar list for this avatar:

Yeah, I don't have them. No chests or avatar or money.

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

Det_no posted:

Yeah, I don't have them. No chests or avatar or money.

Same and I logged on Thursday

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Man I just knocked out like 3 hours of Ezmo in league. This game is really good and the matches are just the right length. I don't feel fatigued after a match, nor do I feel like it was too short to really work through a full evolution of tactical responses. I think the game is really conservative with placements, though, I got placed in Bronze 1 and have been steadily rising all weekend long to Silver 2. Is there any winstreak bonuses to rating gain?

I kinda wish there was a little bit of flexibility in how you pick your battlerites. Something like start with 3, pick an additional one after each of the first two rounds, then go into rounds 3-5 with a full kit. Give you a bit more responsiveness to particular play patterns. I guess that'd slow down the match significantly, so probably for the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
They used to have winstreaks but took them out I think. It's kind of a thing in most games with visible ratings that placements put players at lower numbers so they feel good about climbing and gaining points although I don't know if that's still in the game or not? Maybe you're just getting better lol

• Locked thread