Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Here's a thought:

Shut up and post content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
There's a mod feedback thread in QQCS, everyone. That would be a better place to post feedback to FAU.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm standing by the rule but I'm also going to start probating people who are just here to stir up poo poo with CI. I asked him to stop, he did, and nobody needs people to smugly be like "heh not so smart now are you?" So:

iospace posted:

Shut up and post content.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Man, I love these things.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm standing by the rule but I'm also going to start probating people who are just here to stir up poo poo with CI. I asked him to stop, he did, and nobody needs people to smugly be like "heh not so smart now are you?"

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
uh yeah let's not post fanart that depicts a war criminal and user of child soldiers in a positive light, it's pretty cringey imho

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

me every morning

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Creamed Cormp posted:

uh yeah let's not post fanart that depicts a war criminal and user of child soldiers in a positive light, it's pretty cringey imho

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm standing by the rule but I'm also going to start probating people who are just here to stir up poo poo with CI. I asked him to stop, he did, and nobody needs people to smugly be like "heh not so smart now are you?" So:

Have some For Honor fanart

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Besesoth posted:

exCUSE me, non-canon, Metroids don't appear in Mother Brain's room and Samus can't defeat Metroids using solely the standard blaster

:goonsay:

[src]

One metroid does. :colbert:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Bluemillion posted:

Yeah, she's clearly shooting mother brain.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVvQgMx1yhU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ramos posted:

I'm super digging Golden Kamuy (Kamui? Weird way to romanize it.)

Kamuy is actually the Ainu word for their nature spirits

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Kickass Monster fanart

https://twitter.com/inora_cola/status/945213164815126528

Account is safe and with a whole bunch of more monster fanart.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Alaois posted:

Kamuy is actually the Ainu word for their nature spirits

Ah, cool, I never knew that, thank you.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
Breath of the Wild

Yoshi

Moira (Overwatch)

Merida (Brave)

Raichu/Marty McFly (Pokemon/BttF)

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

SirPhoebos posted:

Lol this thread is going to be closed again.

...is this fanart of edu-film character Mr. B Natural.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Bluemillion posted:

The Super Metroid shows up beyond Mother Brain's room, and is much larger than the standard Metroid depicted. :crossarms:

[src]

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Tallon metroids don't need the freeze/missile combo to die.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

...is this fanart of edu-film character Mr. B Natural.

It sure is!

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

PhazonLink posted:

Tallon metroids don't need the freeze/missile combo to die.

look,

(Jason Cheng)

(Jorge Lacera)

(I just have Metroid on the brain this weekend because of Ludum Dare, I'm not trying to be a gimmick poster.)

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Ankles, what are they.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Arcsquad12 posted:

Ankles, what are they.

Things that are perpetually behind rocky outcroppings or convenient clouds of smoke, just like hands and other difficult anatomy.

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
Talkin' bout THINGS ONLY NINETIES KIDS WILL REMEMBER bullshit in another forum reminded me of this, so I went digging around. Turns out there's a lot less Morty Maxwell fanart than I'd have thought, or it's all buried under Camp Camp/Rick and Morty material.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Rampant Dwickery posted:

Talkin' bout THINGS ONLY NINETIES KIDS WILL REMEMBER bullshit in another forum reminded me of this, so I went digging around. Turns out there's a lot less Morty Maxwell fanart than I'd have thought, or it's all buried under Camp Camp/Rick and Morty material.

:swoon:
Holy poo poo thank you for this, I had forgotten about those games

poo poo owned

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Please tell me there's like, super serious styled art of the baseball cap characters. There was both a boy and a girl version in separate games, right? Those games were so drat good for edutainment games, I wonder if there's anything even remotely similar nowadays.

speaking of games that only 90's kids would know and were great, this might be the literal only piece of Lost Mind of Dr. Brain fanart that exists, period, I spent five minutes searching various sites and this was literally the only relevant one I found. The game where his brain got swapped with his lab rat's. And he would say "molybdenum" in a hilarious way.

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

Captain Invictus posted:

Please tell me there's like, super serious styled art of the baseball cap characters. There was both a boy and a girl version in separate games, right? Those games were so drat good for edutainment games, I wonder if there's anything even remotely similar nowadays.

speaking of games that only 90's kids would know and were great, this might be the literal only piece of Lost Mind of Dr. Brain fanart that exists, period, I spent five minutes searching various sites and this was literally the only relevant one I found. The game where his brain got swapped with his lab rat's. And he would say "molybdenum" in a hilarious way.

Holy poo poo, I remember this. This was the only one of those games that I had played, but I remember playing it a lot at school. The only ones that I remember were the programming game, the train game, and that the music game confused the hell out of me because I didn't know how to read music, nor did I figure out to just listen to it.

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
As I recall, there were the Super Seekers (for the middle school tier "Treasure X" games) and the Super Solvers (for the upper school tier Super Solvers games). Doesn't look like the Seekers get too much material, but given that the Solvers have that iconic jacket/cap/polka-dot short combo...

...and, again of course, because ponies ruin everything...

Also, drat, that's not just Lost Mind of Dr. Brain fanart, that's also Time Warp of Dr. Brain. I'd recognize that lungfish from 200,000,000 BC anywhere.

SPEEEE-LUNK-ING

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Is this treasure island fanart because I'm about to stroke. I played that poo poo so much oh my God it's the reason I'm an intolerable nerd

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Eldercain posted:

Is this treasure island fanart because I'm about to stroke. I played that poo poo so much oh my God it's the reason I'm an intolerable nerd

I assume you mean Treasure Mountain.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
3 berries

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I remember playing the aquatic sequel (a lot of 90s properties had those for some reason. May have contributed to my love of aquatic stuff) as well as the original. And that one in the TV station. Was always something vaguely frustrating about those games.

There's been eighty zillion Math/s Blaster games, apparently. I was pretty good at one which had a shitton of content between several game modes for different difficulty levels. (And one educational game I had the teacher ask me nicely to stop using the password from reading the manual to set the difficulty to lowest)

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Besesoth posted:

(Jorge Lacera)

Is the hose to her facemask attached to her gun? :psyduck:

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
^^
Direct impingement straight to her lungs.

Eldercain posted:

We've discussed not talking about your fap material in here.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

So, kinda going back to an earlier shitshow, anime has a bad tendency to make anything, ANYTHING, into moe. It's kinda weird. So, is it possible to like something while disliking parts of it?

Because this happens a lot in Fate, and though I like it I can understand why Elizabeth Bathory being an idol singer would be tasteless.

For the toll:

Alter is cool:

Santa Alter is also cool:

Nursery Rhyme is a neat concept:

And the new God of War is pretty impressive, both in how solid (if familiar) the game itself is, how good the visuals are, and how they've made Kratos and Atreus as characters. It's good. EDIT: I'm only a few hours into the game, so it could get worse.

J.A.B.C. has a new favorite as of 14:45 on Apr 22, 2018

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah I'm watching an lp of it and it seems real good. If I owned a ps4 I'd definitely pick it up, you don't get reviews like it's been getting without being just that drat good, though I hear it's got some real problems with depicting women and stuff further in apparently.

Just saw the bit with the lady who lives under a giant turtle and that entire sequence was breathtakingly pretty.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Who What Now posted:

Is the hose to her facemask attached to her gun? :psyduck:

Nah that's just where the ammo belt feeds from

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Nah that's just where the ammo belt feeds from

Rare footage of Samus without her suit in Metroid Prime https://youtu.be/9WasgRxx6r4

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

J.A.B.C. posted:

So, kinda going back to an earlier shitshow, anime has a bad tendency to make anything, ANYTHING, into moe.

My friend, you know you can’t say stuff like this without explaining it, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ariong posted:

My friend, you know you can’t say stuff like this without explaining it, right?

moe is basically the sexualization of young children so let's actually not go there and maybe not talk about franchises or series that do that

• Locked thread