Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Caught up on emails. We've got 21 goons signed up to exchange 24 gifts. Getting off to a slow start still, but we've already got enough goons to ensure secret santa will work, so that's good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
I am glad to say that following breakage of several knees, I'm back to the double gifting game.

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
I forgot to get on the first post bus this year, which is very shameful. Dear Santa, please excuse this transgression, and also give me fabulous prizes.

Gift Preferences

I like weird stuff, but I'll take most anything quite happily. I watch anime on a regular basis, I have a dog, I practice both tea and coffee extensively, and I have a whole host of hobbies that likely would be better served in a prior era. From fountain pens to vinyl records to (more recently) biking, I have an eclectic mix of things that I am interested in.

I particularly like dense, heavy board games, but even in the land of Steve Jackson I am hard pressed to find people to play them with me.

If you are truly stuck on what to give me and you need to phone it in, you likely will do well to ask a variety of people that have gifted me in the past or have known me in meatspace - Humbug Scoolbus, Leperflesh, Silentman, TheOldestMan, Winson_Paine, and a gaggle of others. Failing that, you can always get me something that would be highly embarrassing.

Note: If you're thinking about food, I have a shrimp and shellfish allergy, so if for some reason you send me those, I will instead give them to my roommates or my parents.

Assistance Links
Steam Profile
Steam Wishlist
MyAnimeList Profile

Solemn Vow
If you grinch, I'm gonna find you. If I grinch, Leperflesh knows where I live.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Another Year, another TGSS...

Gift Preferences I'm going to be fairly open this year, though paints that are able to be shipped by mail would be a plus (Army Painter, Valejo). Board/card games are always a plus, as that's the easiest thing for me to inflict on my friends and coworkers. Light board games with higher player counts as well as medium weight games are the sort of sweet spot. I'm also open to other nerd poo poo so long as it's not ponies (or send me ponies and I'll pawn it off as a prize for my students).

What I have:

*A bunch of primed, unpainted and unbuilt spaceships from a pretty famous kickstarter that I'm sure you've heard of...
*No other miniatures to speak of in my current abode, but an itching desire to try out some of the more skirmish type games.
*A bunch of board games: Star Realms, Netrunner, Scythe (+expansion), Hostage Negotiator: Crime Wave (I don't have the original set), Tokaido, Cottage Garden, King of Tokyo (1st ed+Halloween expansion), Dixit, Keyflower, Summoner Wars Core Set, Vast, Viticulture: Essential Edition, Catan, Splendor, X-WANGS (I don't have many so more would be cool), Carcassone (+Traders & Builders), 5 Minute Dungeon, Codenames, Sushi Go Party (and regular), Hanamikoji, Big Book of Madness, Patchwork, Coup, Love Letter, Fluxx, Maratime Silk Road, at least one print+play copy of Secret Hitler, Overseers, and I may or may not have backed Consentacle.
*Jackbox (it's vidya gams, but the sort of thing that friends and I get up to when we're together, so board games in a similar vein are welcome).
*Paranoia and the WHFRPG are the only rpgs I currently own (both in digital formats). Don't be in a hurry to send me rpg stuff (unless it's dice or miniatures).

What I don't need:

*Dominion: A close friend already has this.
*Munchkin. Or Monopoly.
*poo poo that'll get flagged in customs

Other stuff: I can provide links to shops that are in the same region as I am, but keep in mind that even if shipping is cheaper, the costs of products will probably be higher in general. People who know me irl who have participated in a past TGSS: Safety Biscuits

Also, I'm signed up on the AISS, so if you want to see what other nonsense I get up to, here's a pathetically short and vague post: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3839188&pagenumber=2&perpage=40#post478360392

General Location: Isla de Formosa a.k.a. Taiwan a.k.a. "Good China" a.k.a. TAIWAN NUMBER 1 China number 17

Solemn Vow: I'd rather be buried under every naughty child's lump of coal than to Grinch my Santee.

CovfefeCatCafe fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Nov 14, 2017

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
gently caress it, let's do this.

Gift Preferences: boardgames, particularly board wargames, are cool! I have a lot of them. I'll post a pic of my collection later. I like books, too, even though I don't have a lot of time to read any more.

I like tabletop RPGs, I'm in the middle of GMing a very enjoyable campaign of The Sprawl. I think I'd enjoy a printed edition of Fiasco or one of the *World books.

I collect Netrunner, even if with very meagre results. I might not buy or play a whole lot of it, but every ANR thing brings me completely disproportionate joy. (I have one box of everything up to and including Upstalk.)

I like film classics and I host a little movie club every couple of months. I'm a big fan of The Wire - something in similar vein wouldn't go amiss, I prefer to watch my series from DVDs.

I own a Yoshikage Kira necktie.

Please no dongs, no minis, nothing that requires any sort of painting or anything like that. I am HORRIBLE at crafts and arts. Also, if Lichtenstein has something, I can very easily get access to that by taking advantage of all the blackmail material I have, so while it would still be appreciated, it would probably not be as appreciated as you'd want.

(sorry for potato quality)

General Location: Warsaw, Poland

Solemn Vow: [Ancient Sumerian curses]

Tevery Best fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Nov 20, 2017

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Time for my favorite annual holiday tradition! Sending and receiving boxes of strange goods with strangers on the internet!

Gift Preferences: Oh man, I am really easy to please. On the board gaming side, I'm usually willing to give anything a try. here is a list of poo poo I already own

Specific Wish List includes (and yes, some of these are over the target price; I'm listing them for completion's sake, and I know that some online retailers do holiday sales): Star Wars Rebellion, the 3rd, and/or 4th expansions for Elder Sign, Kingdom Builder, more Dixit expansions, Compounded, Tsuro of the Seas, some manner of Ticket to Ride (original or Europe preferred, but I'll try any of them), Dungeon Petz, (let's be real...anything from Antoine Bauza or Vlaada Chvátil will be welcome), Tak, The Duke, Argent the Consortium, Codenames Marvel and/or Disney

Handmade gifts welcome, food and beverage also welcome (But I'm lactose intolerant. Please do not send me artisanal cheeses)

In non-board gaming preferences; I like Star Wars, amiibo, and Tokusatsu (Super Sentai, Power Rangers). Don't get me any amiibo though. I literally own all of them.

If you want more specific guidance, PM goon Krysmphoenix. They are my roommate and can paw through my collection or ask me subtle questions about gifts, etc. And if you get matched with Krysm (if they end up signing up for this), feel free to reach out to me and I can do the same.

General Location: Greater Kansas City Metro area. (if anyone else is nearby, yes, I'd love to meet up and play board games sometime.)

Solemn Vow: Not getting Christmas gifts sucks. I wouldn't do that to anyone. Seriously. Plus lowtax actually lives within driving distance. You could have him come and ban me from real life if I grinched you.

jivjov fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Dec 5, 2017

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Gift Preferences: Surprisingly the same as last year! Something simple and cute, and strong preference on co-op this time. I want to play more board games with my fiancee, who has a learning disability and struggles with complex rules. (I'm actually really good with complex rules, so if they can be shuffled over to one person without me ordering her around, then that's fine.)

Special Note: I live with internet rear end in a top hat and amiibo hivemind Jivjov. If you need a gift for him, hit me up and I can snoop in his collection.

Solemn Vow: By Leperfish's hammer, by the Sons of Lowtax, you shall be gifted.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
OK, I‘ve been interested in stuff like this for some time now, and this year is the first time I have a paying job and can actually afford sending out gifts! Time to make someone happy! With gifts!!!

Preferences:
Wow, where to start? I have tons of interests, and my tiny apartment is overflowing with dumb poo poo I‘ve collected. (There‘s a Lego rocket motor half-finished on my desk, for example. And a dusty space ship model with almost-finished coat directly beneath it.)

Generally, science fictiony stuff would be OK. The more strange or obscure, the better. I‘m especially a sucker for space ship models, even though I have neither the space nor the time to actually build them! Miniatures would probably be better, but I wouldn‘t be grumpy to get a book or something instead. (One of my most cherished treasures is a book with line drawings from Perry Rhodan space ships.)

A fair warning: I know it‘s unfair, but cardboard representing stuff gives me the creeps. I'm only mentioning this because I‘ve seen someone posting in some other thread about some kind of odd space wargame using cardboard as miniatures and it was the weirdest poo poo I‘ve ever seen. And not in a good way. I‘d rather have space ships represented by punches straight into my face than dead trees, thank you. (Believe me, I know how hypocritical that sounds after my bit above about liking books, but „cardboard“ and „models“ shouldn‘t belong together, that‘s my honest feeling.)

Also no boardgames, please. I have neither enough free space, nor do I know people who would be interested in playing boardgames, so sending me a boardgame is effectively like accidentally throwing it out of the window and hitting someone in the head: It will make two people unhappy.

Lower Saxony, Germany (If you have ever heard of Perry Rhodan, you probably already knew.)

Solemn Vow
I swear solemnly to not be a loving shithead.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

We're up to 29 goons exchanging 32 gifts now! All emails have been replied-to.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Wooo, my third year running!

Preferences:
I'm looking for new games just now, board or tabletop. Ghost Archipelago is a particularly good thing (especially the wonderful customisable boxed sets), and I have my eye on Dracula's America, but also board or card games, especially small icebreakers and palette-whetting stuff for the beginning of a game night.

I also like space games but have plenty of models of spaceships. Unusual stuff would be appreciated - markers, playmats, particularly unusual or interesting space stuff. In previous years I've been given space stations made of dongs and terrain markers for exploding planets.

Solemn Vow: I, Loxbourne, do swear by the dark gods of Leperflesh that I shall not fail in my appointed task of Santa-dom.

Loxbourne fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Nov 18, 2017

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Fifth time around, I love these things!

Gift Preferences
It's all about the miniatures for me. I convert them, I paint them, I try not to lose interest halfway through painting them, and every now and again I play games with them. Games Workshop/Forge World miniatures would be gratefully accepted. Current projects are Chaos Space Marines (love me some Plague Marines, but pretty much anything is fun), Heresy-era Death Guard (I already have all the Death Guard-specific stuff, but extra infantry in older armour marks will always be useful) and I'm also partial to Imperial Guard and other assorted humans. I particularly like older miniatures, so if you don't want to give Games Workshop money, second-hand metal stuff is ideal (painted, unpainted, stripped, it's all the same to me). Likewise, there's a bunch of other companies making compatible parts, I'd be more than happy with those. With the revival of Necromunda I'm building up my retro gang(s), so any old metal Necromunda models would be fantastic. Besides the miniatures, I like third-party textured/scenic bases (25mm, 30/32mm and 40mm especially), paints and brushes, and other things for making models look good.

No thank you
RPGs, board games and card games. I just never get round to playing them.

Solemn Vow
I don't grinch. Not before, not now, not ever.

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Gift Preferences: I would like to get a board game. Maybe an expansion for a good game on my list or something that fits my taste or is great. Interesting fun war game or something by Vlaada. I’ve never gotten a designer board game as a gift before, and would love for an actual board game lover to pick something out they think I’d like. Here is a list of what I own, and I apologize for the lengthiness of it. If it doesn’t list an expansion I don’t own it.

Star Wars Rebellion and Expansion; Twilight Imperium third and expansions; 1969 making of President; Galaxy Trucker; Carcassone
Ingenious; Forbidden Stars; Mysterium; Chaos in the Old world; Diskwars and expansions; War of the Ring and expansions; Shogun; Runewars; Tash-Kalar; Baseball highlights 2045; Pandemic legacy season 1; Tigris and Euphrates; Eminent Domain and Escalation expansion; Space Alert;!Risk 2210; Coup and coup reformation; Crunch; The resistance Avalon; Sushi go party; Codenames; Millennium Blades; Kemet; Mage Knight and lost legion expansion; Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective Jack the Ripper; Settlers of Catan; War on Terror; Earth Reborn; Gloomhaven

Falling Sky; Time of Crisis; Sekigahara; Liberty or Death; The US Civil War; Triumph and Tragedy; Churchill; Twilight Struggle; A Distant Plain; Wir Sind Das Volk and expansion; Napoleon’s Triumph; Days of Ire; Conflict of Heroes awakening the bear 2nd edition and solo expansion and firefight generator; Memoir 44; Here I Stand; Waterloo 200; Bloody Monday; Moscow ‘41; Maria

Solemn Vow: I solemnly vow to rock someone’s socks off with a Christmas gift, lest I be destroyed from within and without.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Emails caught up, except I don't have an email from Galaspar yet.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Sorry, busy times. I'll get that over to you in the next 12 hours.

unzealous
Mar 24, 2009

Die, Die, DIE!
Hell yes let's do this.

Gift Preferences: I'm pretty open to anything, it's the thought that counts. I'd prefer something unique, strange or esoteric. Those tend to be very interesting and I haven't been disappointed so far.

Solemn Vow: If I grinch may a thousand maggots consume my flesh and crows peck out my eyes.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Gift Preferences: As much as I enjoy tabletop and trad games, I unfortunately do not have the time or the social group to play them in real life, so I can't recommend getting me minis or boardgames or manuals.

I do however enjoy sci-fi and fantasy books, currently working my way through the Culture series. I won't say no to digital gifts but I prefer at least part of it be physical because I enjoy opening Christmas gifts.

Food is also a good choice.

Otherwise, I'm open to getting whatever! I work as a zookeeper, if that matters to anyone. I advise against anything fragile, though, because my cats will find a way to break it within a week.

No dongs, etc.

General Location: Southern Louisiana

Solemn Vow: I ain't no grinch.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Rhjamiz posted:

I work as a zookeeper

if I get you as my Santa, can you send me a baby giraffe or wallaby or something?

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

if I get you as my Santa, can you send me a baby giraffe or wallaby or something?

I can send you a giraffe plush from our gift shop. :v:

Or a blown Emu egg if they start laying in time. No telling on that, though.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

If they're not fertile I'd love a six pack of emu eggs. I want to make the most massive fried eggs sunny-side up and surprise family members with their huge breakfast eggs

e. are they normally that green color?

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

If they're not fertile I'd love a six pack of emu eggs. I want to make the most massive fried eggs sunny-side up and surprise family members with their huge breakfast eggs

e. are they normally that green color?

They are/would be fertile and yes, they are a very interesting green.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Do emus hide their eggs in avocado trees

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Do emus hide their eggs in avocado trees

Mostly they sit on them or cover them with leaves! And since they can stand up about six feet tall and kick the poo poo out of people, not much is going to try to steal them.

Don't let them see you steal their egg, either.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!
Gift Preferences: Board games or interesting RPGs I can play with my group of friends. I have more than enough miniatures and do not need anymore whatsoever. I will link a doc that shows what I already have when I have a chance to get home.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ckXXyjxfplYvmnL8X53OyceAEvOkp6UYbtsRc0IU_4g/edit?usp=sharing Just to make sure you don't buy anything I already have.

General Location: Whoop whoop COLORADO

Solemn Vow: Never have I ever or will ever be a grinch.

Gaghskull fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Nov 18, 2017

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Gift Preferences: I'd be interested in the Osprey games rulebooks (I already own Rogue Stars & Frostgrave), especially the sci-fi games like Scrappers or Gaslands. I've been meaning to get into the Doctor Who game, so maybe something along those lines.

General Location: The Cotswolds, Britain.

Solemn Vow: I Shalt Not Grinch.

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Nov 17, 2017

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Welcome aboard!

We're down to just about 24 hours (give or take several hours) before I do the matchups. Participation is down by a lot from last year, which was also down by a lot from the year before. I hope it's nothing to do with how I run things - I imagine it's more related to generally dwindling population on the forums in general - but anyway please let other goons know that they've only got one day left to sign up for the main round.

We will of course do the thing regardless, and everyone still gets the same amount of presents as always. It's just a worrying trend. :ohdear:

e. for reference, we've got about 38 main round participants for this year. Last year we had about 70, and in 2015 we had about 84. In 2014 we had about 75, and in 2013 we had about 95. So while we had an uptick in 2015 the long-term trend has been downward, and this year it's precipitous.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Nov 17, 2017

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Leperflesh posted:

Welcome aboard!

We're down to just about 24 hours (give or take several hours) before I do the matchups. Participation is down by a lot from last year, which was also down by a lot from the year before. I hope it's nothing to do with how I run things - I imagine it's more related to generally dwindling population on the forums in general - but anyway please let other goons know that they've only got one day left to sign up for the main round.

We will of course do the thing regardless, and everyone still gets the same amount of presents as always. It's just a worrying trend. :ohdear:

e. for reference, we've got about 38 main round participants for this year. Last year we had about 70, and in 2015 we had about 84. In 2014 we had about 75, and in 2013 we had about 95. So while we had an uptick in 2015 the long-term trend has been downward, and this year it's precipitous.

I didn't even know this year's was running until a few minutes before I signed up. I didn't get an email or see a post in the previous year's thread; which may have had something to do with it.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Hello, it's me, tradgames superstar Evil Mastermind! I almost didn't sign up this year for Reasons I'm not going to get into, but gently caress it, I've been doing this every year for however long it's been.

Preferences: I think I'm set on RPGs, but could use some good, fun, dungeon-crawly RPGs that aren't Descent or Swords & Sorcery. I also like vidyagames and RPGs, only I don't want to link my DTRPG wishlist here because it's got my email in the url.

Solemn Vow: I will not grinch, otherwise I get my goohuloog head kicked in.

e: I don't drink, so no alcohol please.

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Nov 18, 2017

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

jivjov posted:

I didn't even know this year's was running until a few minutes before I signed up. I didn't get an email or see a post in the previous year's thread; which may have had something to do with it.

I sent emails to everyone on the official Trad Games Email List! If you'd like to sign up, please send a sign-up email to tgsecretsanta@gmail.com and I'll be happy to put you on there. The list is only used once per year to send out an announcement email and that's it.

Also, I never even considered posting in the previous years' thread... hmm.

I did cross-post in several of the more trafficked threads in TG, but I feel like it's probably not OK to just spam every thread. And this thread has been stickied for the last week, but I suspect (like me) many posters rarely actually navigate the forums, mostly just reading and posting in TG threads they've bookmarked using the control panel.

But yeah it's worrying that people aren't even aware the thread is going on. Any ideas?

e. TGSS 2016 thread is already archived, so I cannot post an announcement in it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Leperflesh posted:

I sent emails to everyone on the official Trad Games Email List! If you'd like to sign up, please send a sign-up email to tgsecretsanta@gmail.com and I'll be happy to put you on there. The list is only used once per year to send out an announcement email and that's it.

Also, I never even considered posting in the previous years' thread... hmm.

I did cross-post in several of the more trafficked threads in TG, but I feel like it's probably not OK to just spam every thread. And this thread has been stickied for the last week, but I suspect (like me) many posters rarely actually navigate the forums, mostly just reading and posting in TG threads they've bookmarked using the control panel.

But yeah it's worrying that people aren't even aware the thread is going on. Any ideas?

e. TGSS 2016 thread is already archived, so I cannot post an announcement in it.

I coulda sworn I signed up for said mailing list, hence my confusion about not getting the e-mail. That said, I've gone back through my Sent history, and I guess I imagined that. (Also, I can't believe I've made the same stupid joke in the subject line EVERY SINGLE YEAR I'VE SIGNED UP)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Part of the issue I think is that I start the thread in mid- or even early-November, so I can send out the assignments on the weekend before US Thanksgiving. I've always tried to make that the assignment date so that goons can take advantage of the cyber monday through black friday deals, but this also means maybe a lot of people aren't quite in the christmas mindset yet and/or aren't even remembering to come look for the thread.

Unfortunately making it later means increasing the risk of gifts not arriving on time. When I did a survey in 2015, a large proportion of respondents preferred an earlier startup date.

Anyway it is of course fine if we only have 40 people in the main round. But if this means we get 20 next year and then we're gone, then that's terrible.

We may also still get lots of people signing up for the lightning bonus rounds, so we'll see how that goes!

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

Hello I would like to Santa.

Location: Boston. I can ship to the moon if we've got that problem

Preferences: Board games, please. I don't get to play RPGs anymore. :sad:

Notable standouts from my collection:
  • Pandemic (Legacy or otherwise)
  • Seasons
  • Dead of Winter
  • Machi Koro
  • Terra Mystica

I'm also a big Star Wars fan, so Imperial Assault mans (only have core and wave 1) or Lego sets (give me reason to finish the SSD) would be cool, too.

Solemn Vow: no socks, dongs, or Grinching.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
I like giving gifts, but putting out preferences is the hard part!

Gift preferences: I am mostly a miniatures person. I play 40k (imperial guard) and have recently started giving money to games workshop again, so that's cool. I also play some random stuff, so any cool generic models are nice. Cyberpunk appropriate models would be cool for some upcoming poo poo if you go that route! Various paraphernalia, dice trays, painting stuff, etc... are also fun

I also enjoy personalized/handmade gifts, so you have my permission to go that route!

Solemn Vow: I hereby swear that I shall not grinch.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
I would love to participate again this year.

Location: Pennsylvania, USA. I'd prefer to ship to the USA if possible.

Gift Preferences: I love RPGs; no pathfinder or D&D core books, please, and I already own indie darlings Apocalypse World, Dungeon World, and Blades in the Dark.

I like Gumshoe games, but already own several cores. Any of the adventures or supplements (besides the Night Black Agents one, which I have) would be great.
I like Fate. I have the core, most of atomic robo, dresden, and Day After Ragnarok, but would love the new Bulldogs fate.
I'm really into Guild Ball at the moment. I already have Masons and Alchemists as well as the Kick Off starter, but would love any other Guild Ball stuff or painting supplies.

Solumn Vow: I shall not betray the thread and grinch.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Well, I was on the fence, but if we need more people to sign up, let's do this.

Gift Preferences: I'm extremely into weird, obscure roleplaying games, regardless of their quality. (I'm insanely jealous of the goon who got a copy of Cyborg Commando last year, for example.) I have a lot of the classics -- Synnibarr 2e, SenZar, deadEarth -- but am always into crazy stuff. Some local self-published heartbreaker? Send it my way. A copy of the Dallas RPG? This will be the third year I ask explicitly for a copy of the Dallas RPG! Seriously, go nuts. I generally prefer printed material to PDFs and am fine with POD quality.

On the subject of more "obscure/hard to find" than "weird/bad", I'd appreciate some older storygames, like Dogs in the Vineyard or My Life With Master. I've gotten into storygames and have most of the recent ones I'm interested in, but I missed the birth of the movement.

Last but not least, I finally got a copy of Chuubo's Marvelous Wish-Granting Engine, and that's a line I have to collect. I'm hoping to wait for print for Glass-Maker's Dragon, but the genre guidebooks, Fortitude, et al. would be wonderful.

As for stuff I'm not interested in: I don't play minis games, so mini stuff is wasted on me, and there aren't any major licensed nerd properties (Marvel, Star Wars, etc.) that I'm really interested in receiving stuff for. I'm not generally into heavily tactical/crawl-focused games and prefer narrative stuff. Please no anime and dongs.

If you want to ask about something specific, shoot a PM to hexwren. He knows the status of the collection and can guard against dupes.

General Location: the wretched heart of Texas

Solemn Vow: This is my third year participating and will be my third year gifting promptly. I swear on my copy of Chuubo's, which is very large and hence possessed of extreme gravitas.

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
I hope I'm not too late! The gift of capitalism must be spread to all!

Gift Preferences
I am into LCGs in a big way now so any kind of tat involving card organizers, token banks or hell, even a play mat with a stupid picture on it.
I am a minis gamer at heart so basically any tabletop minis will make me smile.
I have a 2-year-old son and a daughter on the way so stuff that the fam could enjoy together would also be much appreciated.

General Location
New England

Solemn Vow
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I send someone a prezzie.

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.
My name is Gau and I have been a moderately well-behaved goon this year, so I probably deserve some sort of reward!

Things I'm Excited about : Tiny Epic Galaxies: Beyond The Black, Tiny Epic Quest, Pixel Tactics, Legend of the Five Rings TCG packs, X-Wing Ships, old GURPS sourcebooks, slick games that play with 2-4 people, retro scifi, weird indie RPGs. Please no CAH/Exploding Kittens/gimmicky poo poo. Also I don't like anime or miniatures.

General Location: The less rainy part of the Pacific Northwest.

I solemnly swear that I will be a Good Santa and Grinch No Goon.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Sliding in the door at the last minute to throw my hat back into the ring. Definitely don't think the declining participation rate is anything to do with how you run these, Leperflesh, it's always an absolute pleasure. I noticed a post in the wargames thread of all places about it a day ago and that was the first time I realised it was that time of year.

Things I'd Like: Are you from a country that isn't mine? Do you have some sort of odd traditional game in your part of the world? I would absolutely love to play it! I'm also keen to get my hands on cool abstracts or wargames, even solitaire stuff from either category! Please, no RPGs/books (my backlog is immense). Honestly I'm just happy for the joy of getting something unexpected in the mail.

General Location: Australia

I swear that I will be Most Good and not grinch under pain of being forced to play Exploding Kitten for all eternity

Mr. Tambo
Feb 7, 2015
I've been meaning to participate in one of these for years now, and this time I didn't forget.

Stuff I'd want: I'm pretty good on tabletop rpg books, though I wouldn't mind some obscure ones that are fun to read. I've yet to develop much of a gaming social life since moving, so games that require other people to participate probably won't get much use. I'd love some board games that can be played solitaire. Also, cool graphic novels/manga. Anything not too embarrassing that I can hang on my (currently completely bare) walls would also be great.

Solemn Vow: I ain't got time to grinch. Or, you know, the inclination.

ToyotaThong
Oct 29, 2011
Hope I made it before the cutoff. Didn't get to do this last year, but want to do it this time around.

Things I'd Like
I do miniatures mostly. 40k, modern, historical (WWII), near future, pretty much anything in either 15 or 28mm.
I also enjoy militaria, books, and fun trinkets and do-dads.

I do hereby swear before the God Emperor, I shall be a Goodly and Proper Santa, and my Santee shall not be Grinched, under penalty of banishment from these most august of forums.
Signed
ToyotaThong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hi guys! Welcome aboard.

I was pretty busy tonight so I didn't have time to send out confirmations: everyone who signed up from Gaghskull onward will get a confirmation email tomorrow, before I start processing the matchups.

I'm likely to wait till late in the day (in California, so Pacific Daylight time zone) before I do the full matchups. I'll post when I start doing them so anyone reading this wanting to sign up for the main round, please do so!

And of course we'll start a Lightning Bonus Round as soon as the main round closes, so nobody will get left out.

• Locked thread