Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
My Santee's present is not going to arrive until December sadly, due to unexpected cash flow issues. No lightning rounds for me this year :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Caught up with emails, and I've sent responses to all of them that needed one. Also, we're up to three participants in Lightning Bonus Round 1 (LeSquide has returned, hurray!) so that is definitely going to happen now too. :)

Folks, if you happen to come across some sales at various webstores, please don't hesitate to post about them in this thread. Everyone presumably knows about Amazon's Cyber Monday week of deals (today they had games from Ravensburger for up to half off, for example) but probably not everyone knows about deals at other places so post 'em if you got 'em.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Do you want us to send on the tracking number to you to send to our Santee? I know with Auspost there is about a 50% chance they won't leave a missed delivery card.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
A gift has been dispatched. From whom? To whom? that'll be a mystery!

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Sign me up for LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND 1!

DigitalRaven posted:

Dear Santa and assorted goons,

For the fourth year in a row, I have somehow managed to be good average tolerable not a total shitlord. That means internet strangers get to buy me stuff, right?

Gift Preferences
I like RPGs, the weirder and more obscure the better. To give you an idea of what I think is weird & obscure, I still have my copy of Everway, and previous Santas have included Nexus: The Infinite City, Ninja Burger, and Legacy: Life Among the Ruins. PDF and Print-on-Demand are both absolutely fine; I've had no problems with either. If you've published a your own games or have a friend who makes weird small-press games, brilliant!

I'm getting back into playing board games. Things I like include Ascension, Star Realms, Netrunner, Among the Stars, and Superhot. I don't really have any board games beyond that, so I'm good with pretty much anything. Scifi stuff in general is also good. Art books as well; the Deus Ex and Mass Effect art books have provided a shitload of inspiration for me over the past few months. I'm also a big Transformers and Gundam nerd, and build anime robots (gunpla etc). I'll go for general nerd kitsch stuff, but my place is tiny and I don't have much free space.

I don't play wargames or use miniatures, I worked for White Wolf/Onyx Path so have everything I want from them, and I'm outright allergic to anything D&D/D20 related.

Solemn Vow
I ain't hosed up yet, if I do this year may the Formless Ones have mercy on my soul because I know Santa sure won't.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
My santee's gift is out as of 5 minutes ago!

I picked "no rush" shipping because I was worried about people being on vacation this week, so it should arrive next week!

Enjoy!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Raged posted:

Do you want us to send on the tracking number to you to send to our Santee? I know with Auspost there is about a 50% chance they won't leave a missed delivery card.

I can forward a tracking number to your Santee if you feel they will need it, yes. Keep in mind that looking up tracking info sometimes displays information about the shipper.

What I don't do is accumulate 50+ tracking numbers and check them myself, which some people occasionally think is a thing I'd do. If a gift disappears, I will look at a supplied tracking number to help figure out what happened as part of the troubleshooting, but for the normal routine deal of getting gifts to Santees I just note on my spreadsheet that something has been ordered/shipped/arrived/delivered and that's it.

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I ordered my Santee’s gift last week (no option for gift wrap unfortunately). I got my own gift in today. When are we supposed to open these?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
My Santee should have his gift arrive today

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Alright gift is en route!
Within the same country and mailed before 6pm to another major city I think means it should arrive 23rd or 24th November.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

fr0id posted:

I ordered my Santee’s gift last week (no option for gift wrap unfortunately). I got my own gift in today. When are we supposed to open these?

Whenever you want to, some people wait until Christmas, others don't wait and open when they receive them. I'm not waiting when I get mine. :radcat:

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!
Well then, what is this? I don't normally put that name on shipments to my door...Could it be?

It is! Santa came drat fast this year!

I've never heard of this thing before, but THANKS SANTA!

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
The gift was chosen because of thematic reasons, and also because it's a pretty good game.

It's in the mail! The slow, cheap mail.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

fr0id posted:

As Chekans 3 16 said,

Chekans 3 16 posted:

Whenever you want to, some people wait until Christmas, others don't wait and open when they receive them. I'm not waiting when I get mine. :radcat:

However, goons who are receiving multiple gifts (such as because they are doing multiple gifts for TGSS, or because they are doing multiple secret santas) should please open their gifts at least enough for their TGSS santa - and me - to determine with certainty that they have received a TGSS gift, and (if applicable) which of their multiple TGSS Santas sent it.

This probably doesn't apply to most folks, who are free to save their present till Christmas if they want.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I got a gift!

It's an expansion to the Age of Conan boardgame, called Adventures in Hyboria! Gosh! I actually didn't even know this existed. My group has gotten some value out of that game, I'm sure they'll be up for trying an expansion, very cool!

Thanks Santa!

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!
I, the number 2 Santa, have ordered my santee their gift!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Leperflesh posted:

I got a gift!

It's an expansion to the Age of Conan boardgame, called Adventures in Hyboria! Gosh! I actually didn't even know this existed. My group has gotten some value out of that game, I'm sure they'll be up for trying an expansion, very cool!

Thanks Santa!

I noticed you posted about Conan once or twice. You also have a back-ordered thing, but I gave up and ordered it elsewhere to come to me (just now).

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Thanks! Yes, I am a Conan fanboy. It's a very good choice... a gift I didn't know I wanted, but definitely wanted. :)

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.
According to the tracking information, it looks like my gifts were split into 2 deliveries, one of which arrived yesterday, the remainder of which should arrive today! :ohdear: Hope they're not redundant or confusing.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Thanks Santa! I don't know who you are since your S.A. name wasn't on the thing, but looking forward to starting to read through the fluff tonight!

EDIT: Oh hey, there was a second thing shipped separately! These dudes will do well for blasting stuff off the table top. For the Emperor, and for coin!

Note on my own progress: I've gotten part of my gift and will be getting the remainder during a Black Friday dealio on...Friday. Once I have everything, I'll box and ship.

Pyrolocutus fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Nov 22, 2017

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
This is Cheergiver One to Santa Prime. Requisition details have been sent to the cyber elf processing plant at this time. Cheer package inbound to target.

Mr. Tambo
Feb 7, 2015
Box o' gifts mailed out this morning. Should arrive this Saturday.

thorsilver
Feb 20, 2005

You have never
been at my show
You haven't seen before
how looks the trumpet

The marvellous Amazon elves shall be delivering some joy to my Santee in 2-4 business days!

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Another quick delivery from SatanSanta!

A hefty metal d20, Erebor for TOR, and the movie Mom and Dad Save the World. And, of course, the best gift of all: gift notes from Amazooooon!

Thanks a whole lot, Shadow MosesSanta!

However, I have to take exception and nominate you for honorary grinch-status! You seem to think you sent me a bad movie, but it is in fact a good movie.

don't @ me

Nah, seriously: Thanks!

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
Santa successfully achieved, thanks Santa!

Edit: haha woops forgot to check the whole box.

Awesome!

Not Keyser Soze fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Nov 23, 2017

vlad3217
Jul 26, 2005

beer and cheese?!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!

Not Keyser Soze posted:

Santa successfully achieved, thanks Santa!

Edit: haha woops forgot to check the whole box.

Awesome!

Awesome, glad you like it although that's actually not the game I ordered? It looks like they sent you https://www.amazon.com/Think-Fun-1830-A-Move-Groove/dp/B00HWV6LZS/ref=pd_bxgy_21_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=MKZR8R7RRASXB3R3DR2Z instead of the one I ordered: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0070A9OUA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They seem pretty similar, but let me know if you want me to send you the order info or whatever to contact Amazon. You might get both?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Cheer ordered!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hey everyone, happy American Thanksgiving! I'll be very busy with family stuff today but I should be keeping up with the thread every 24 hours ish, but basically please don't panic if I don't reply to something for an extra day.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I was alerted to the fact I had missed a parcel and was initially irritated as I had been home at the time.

I can see why they didn’t try to deliver it now:

It’s big. It’s really big.
Not Pictured: getting it home from the post office on the back of a motorbike!

Thanks Santa Raged for this incredibly generous present! I have a shindig tomorrow night and suspect already this is going to be a big hit!

Mode 7 fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Nov 24, 2017

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Sodomy Non Sapiens posted:

I was alerted to the fact I had missed a parcel and was initially irritated as I had been home at the time.

I can see why they didn’t try to deliver it now:

It’s big. It’s really big.
Not Pictured: getting it home from the post office on the back of a motorbike!

Thanks Santa Raged for this incredibly generous present! I have a shindig tomorrow night and suspect already this is going to be a big hit!

Awesome. When I saw that you posted that you would like an odd game from a foreign land I thought what better than a pub game from Denmark. Friend of mine has it and it's always a hit when he pulls it out.

Raged fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Nov 24, 2017

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!
My gift is sent!

I hope the courier doesn't die Christoric on the Holly road.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
A gift is in the post!

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
Gift has been ordered!

Megasanta will get tracking information once the store gets it sent out.

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Some lucky santee has been posted something, to arrive in 3-5 working days :-O

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Caught up with emails and thread posts!

Folks just an FYI: it's fine to send me tracking info or an email saying you've shipped if there's some action I need to take (like sending some info to your Santee); but otherwise, you just need to post that you've sent a gift in this here thread. It's not a big deal, just letting you guys know because a few of you are doing both, and one or two have sent emails without posting... my preference is to use the thread when possible. Thanks!

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Mail? Mail!

A game about unleashing the horrific power of the atom? Sounds awesome! Thanks Gaghskull!

edit: I just unboxed and read the rules and this looks right up my alley. Good pick!

Clanpot Shake fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Nov 25, 2017

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
I got a package while I was in the shower before work:

It's Caylus! Nothing feels like the holidays like the scorn of a monarch. I can't wait to play it, thanks Goonta!

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Not sure who my Santa was but...

This has actually been on my wish list for a while! It’s perfect! Excited to dig in to this and take up the dining room table for a week :)

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Got a little package with a couple of little games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
At this point, all of the main components for my santee's gift have been procured or ordered for delivery (to me, so I can add some personal touches before reshipping everything). I'll make my actual "Things are shipped!" (and accompanying :ohdearsass:) post when everything has been placed in the trusted hands of the postal service – which will likely be in early December based on shipping estimates.

As usual, if something happens and the timeline starts collapsing, I'll jettison this plan in favor of a direct shipment gift instead.

• Locked thread