Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

thegodofchuck posted:

I haven't been feeling well so no cool pics of my cool gifts yet, but I received some walking dead minis and some crazy playing cards in two packages, so I'm going to assume they're from my two remaining santas. Thanks santas!

I’ll out myself as the one who sent the minis. Just as i predicted, you received them before I got the shipping notification. Also, there may or may not be another package coming, but it might be a week or two out. Or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToyotaThong
Oct 29, 2011
Got home from work tonight to find a couple of mysterious packages.
I open them up to reveal Christmas cheer!

A 251/16 Flammpanzerwagen and a blister of sniper, flammwurfer, and Shrek teams .
Looks like its gonna be a hot time in the old town tonight.
Unfortunately, the name of my Goon Santa was not included in the package.
Thank you!

As to my Santee.
I'm looking for one more stocking stuffer to add to the package.
It will be shipped on Wed.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Chiwie posted:

Woo! Cheers santa!

Hey! Glad you liked it. I'm not super knowledgeable about 40K but a friend of mine reliably informs me you can never have too many Rhinos.
May you burn the heretic, kill the mutant and purge the unclean this Christmas.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Santee #2's gift is away and should arrive by the end of this week!

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

All gifts are now dispatched. Cheer requirements complete.

In other news, a package arrived and was quickly inspected by Agent Sinister of the Feline Postal Inspection Bureau.

He requested backup, and Agent Dexter leapt into action.

The two soon determined that they had better things to do...

But what lurks inside the mysterious package?

Why, it's the World of Might and Magic and Fortune & Glory! I haven't had a chance to give either more than a cursory glance just now, but they fall very clearly into the camp of "Things you didn't know you wanted until you got them". Thanks, Santa! I'm really looking forwards to cracking them open to see what treasures lie within.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

ToyotaThong posted:

Got home from work tonight to find a couple of mysterious packages.
I open them up to reveal Christmas cheer!

A 251/16 Flammpanzerwagen and a blister of sniper, flammwurfer, and Shrek teams .
Looks like its gonna be a hot time in the old town tonight.
Unfortunately, the name of my Goon Santa was not included in the package.
Thank you!

As to my Santee.
I'm looking for one more stocking stuffer to add to the package.
It will be shipped on Wed.

That was me! Hopefully my theme worked out and I didn't get you anything too redundant! Have a warm, toasty christmas!

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Now my query to has been answered, gift dispatched with nice fast delivery. Should be with my Santee by Friday.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
I've grabbed what I am certain is the other half of my Santa #2 gift. Thanks Santa!

I am also positive it was delivered the same day as the other, but some delivery notice fuckery was involved.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

DigitalRaven posted:

All gifts are now dispatched. Cheer requirements complete.

In other news, a package arrived and was quickly inspected by Agent Sinister of the Feline Postal Inspection Bureau.

He requested backup, and Agent Dexter leapt into action.

The two soon determined that they had better things to do...

But what lurks inside the mysterious package?

Why, it's the World of Might and Magic and Fortune & Glory! I haven't had a chance to give either more than a cursory glance just now, but they fall very clearly into the camp of "Things you didn't know you wanted until you got them". Thanks, Santa! I'm really looking forwards to cracking them open to see what treasures lie within.

Phew!

You're welcome. They're published by a local company, I'm glad that they're useful. They have a whole mess more!

Mty gift also arrived.

But I don't have cattes.

So, here's a photo of the contents.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gIdxwhDNa8-FFAKRzGxbN6V2b8jMSIeu/view?usp=sharing

It's Scythe: the Wind Gambit, which only released today, so wow, and a TIE Bomber, wheee! Hopefully the Wind Gambit will see some play over Christmas, and it's x-wing day tomorrow, I've got some filing to do, thankfulyl the new wave also arrives then!

Thanks Galaspar.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
You're very welcome! Was hoping that expansion would launch in time, and sure enough it did.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
Oh boy! I spent a few days off work and a package has arrived for me in the interim. Awesome~ :D

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Gifts launched! Two packages, should arrive between Saturday and next Tuesday

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
Final gift dispatched.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
My gift is showing as "out for delivery" so hopefully my Santee should be checking in shortly...

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I ask for Secret Santa-ing and thegodofchuck loving delivers!

Copies of Gatecrasher, Cyberspace, Undead (the Mayfair module), and Khaotic!!!

And the best of the best...a loving box copy of the mindhurting Christian RPG, Dragonraid. I am in awe.

EDIT: A fully complete boxed copy that even has the crystal d10 and gray d8!!!

I had it done except Dragonraid and I was like, nah, this isn't enough, I've got to find something else, and then I saw the crown jewel and knew it was perfect (although it delayed it about another week while it shipped). Glad you liked it!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
In case anyone else wanted to see my cool loot that didn't have pictures last time...

Thanks to CovfefeCatCafe, I'm able to play "cat in the box" like everyone else!

And the whole merry crew

And Krysmphoenix's wacky badger cards

They have imaginary suits and extra face cards and then there's a deck of 120 numbers and... I don't know the rules for this game, but it's pretty!

Thanks CovfefeCatCafe and Krysmphoenix!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

thegodofchuck posted:

In case anyone else wanted to see my cool loot that didn't have pictures last time...

Thanks to CovfefeCatCafe, I'm able to play "cat in the box" like everyone else!

And the whole merry crew

They have imaginary suits and extra face cards and then there's a deck of 120 numbers and... I don't know the rules for this game, but it's pretty!

Thanks CovfefeCatCafe and Krysmphoenix!

As a fellow Badger Deck owner, there aren't any games playable specifically with a Badger Deck, but it's great for prototyping, adding suits to existing games, etc. (oh, but one suit has a singular extra card specifically for giving you enough cards to play Tichu with)

ToyotaThong
Oct 29, 2011
Christmas Cheer deployed!
By Monday or so, a box stuffed with all kinds of goodness will arrive to a Santee!

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

thegodofchuck posted:

That's the point. There are no rules, just cards.

I hope you enjoy it and maybe have a use for them!

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Gift was shipped out this morning!

Cotton Candidasis fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Dec 6, 2017

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

thegodofchuck posted:

I had it done except Dragonraid and I was like, nah, this isn't enough, I've got to find something else, and then I saw the crown jewel and knew it was perfect (although it delayed it about another week while it shipped). Glad you liked it!

It will be the next FATAL and Friends I do. Everyone must share in the Lord and the brain pain.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Guess who just (finally) shipped out a gift to his Santee?

>this guy<

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Quick message to my Santa if you're watching the thread: if you're wondering why I haven't picked up my parcel yet I've been out of town for work and then AusPost fuckery meant that I only actually found out they were holding a parcel for me tonight. I'll grab it first thing tomorrow morning!

(I assume the parcel is a Santa parcel because the only other thing I had coming was Gloomhaven and I picked that up today)

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
My wife and I have been doing our Christmas shopping on Amazon, so I thought I knew what that colossal pile of boxes contained -- about 90% Peppa Pig merchandise.

But what's this? This isn't a children's TV character with bizarrely encoded class politics! It's something altogether better!

Thanks forums user Loxbourne! The frozen food did intrigue me, but we have no freezer capacity where I work so it would have leaked all over the floor and facilities would have had my head on a spike.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

potatocubed posted:

Thanks forums user Loxbourne! The frozen food did intrigue me, but we have no freezer capacity where I work so it would have leaked all over the floor and facilities would have had my head on a spike.

It would have been Amusing to be the first person in a Secret Santa to send someone a box full of frozen crocodile fillets, but it felt prudent to check first. Meanwhile I too have been visited by the Gift Fairy:

Although in my case the letter was signed "Secret Santa" and sent by "The Traditional Games Community", making me wonder if this was some sort of sinister-yet-awesome tabletop cabal.

Complete with Russian connection, even.

Thank you, Mysterious Polish Goon! I have inventoried the components and per your note, I will try to remember to post them in the painting or Oath thread when I assemble them. I had no idea Neuroshima Hex even had a wargaming spinoff, and will be scheming about how to best use these guys.

Loxbourne fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Dec 7, 2017

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!

Sodomy Non Sapiens posted:

Quick message to my Santa if you're watching the thread: if you're wondering why I haven't picked up my parcel yet I've been out of town for work and then AusPost fuckery meant that I only actually found out they were holding a parcel for me tonight. I'll grab it first thing tomorrow morning!

(I assume the parcel is a Santa parcel because the only other thing I had coming was Gloomhaven and I picked that up today)

I assume your Santa was getting worried because they thought that it was strange it took 2 weeks to go one state across. But we all know Australia is backwards anyway.

This pleases Santa who clearly isn't me

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

To give you an idea, I got the "come collect your drat parcel or we'll return it to sender" reminder at the same time as the original missed delivery notice.
AusPost truly moves in mysterious ways :v:

But I've managed to finally get down there to find

Maximillian 1934: Pulp-Action Road Rage Rules

How had I never heard of this before? It's a 1930s Mad Max miniatures game and the game I never knew I wanted until I got it. Thankyou! :aaaaa:

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

How had I never heard of this before? It's a 1930s Mad Max miniatures game and the game I never knew I wanted until I got it. Thankyou! :aaaaa:

Well, that's going right on the wishlist.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!

To give you an idea, I got the "come collect your drat parcel or we'll return it to sender" reminder at the same time as the original missed delivery notice.
AusPost truly moves in mysterious ways :v:

But I've managed to finally get down there to find

Maximillian 1934: Pulp-Action Road Rage Rules

I'm really glad you like it! It's new and niche but I think it is cool and got a PDF copy for
my self as soon as it was out.

Also it's written by a Kiwi and published by an Aussie so it was nice to keep it local!

potatocubed posted:

Well, that's going right on the wishlist.

The PDF is available from Drivethru Rpg and the physical book and official models are manufactured by Eureka Games in Australia (it think there is also a U.S. Store)

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
DriveThruRPG says it's no longer available, which stinks because now I want a copy.

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
Woops sorry for the delay,

Thanks, Santa! These were open and the contents scattered across the floor in like 30 seconds flat...

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Cheer has been dispatched!

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.
A PACKAGE HAS ARRIVED

I considered saving this under the tree for about 0.68 seconds. I just couldn't wait, though:

Whooo! I am a huge fan of the Tiny Epic games and I've been waiting to play this one since I missed out on the Kickstarter. Thanks, Santa!

...wait. There's another, smaller gift. It's awfully heavy for its size. What could it be?

Dice! Not just dice, but hand-machined steel dice! These are really personal and warmed the cockles of my heart. They'll fit in perfectly at our next Apocalypse World game. (Balance be damned!)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I braved the first flakes of New England snow to head down to the post office and grab a package that didn't fit in my mailbox (if you know what I mean.)

Inside that box, I saw a lovely bag!

Oh, and there's a tag! What, what's...

(Sorry, I do not have a real catte to help me check packages, but I do have a stuffed tiger.)

Leperflesh, you wily monkey! I never suspected!

And opening the bag reveals:

Legends of Andor!

I can't wait to bust this out and hunt down evil wizards! Thanks Leperflesh! I am indeed surprised and delighted!

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Gau posted:

A PACKAGE HAS ARRIVED

I considered saving this under the tree for about 0.68 seconds. I just couldn't wait, though:

Whooo! I am a huge fan of the Tiny Epic games and I've been waiting to play this one since I missed out on the Kickstarter. Thanks, Santa!

...wait. There's another, smaller gift. It's awfully heavy for its size. What could it be?

Dice! Not just dice, but hand-machined steel dice! These are really personal and warmed the cockles of my heart. They'll fit in perfectly at our next Apocalypse World game. (Balance be damned!)

Glad you liked your gifts! Looking through the Tiny Epic games has made me want to give them a try myself now.

A note on the dice - they are hand-forged because I had to punch each and every hole by hand (that gives it the rustic artisan look/poor alignment) and then clean them up with grinding. Tried to get all the edges and corners off as best I could tell, but be careful with them on wood surfaces, they're heavy.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Evil Mastermind posted:

Leperflesh, you wily monkey! I never suspected!

Yay! Hah! I misdirected you and led you astray.

OK actually my first instinct was to buy you things from your list, and I pretended someone else had questions about that stuff, but ultimately I decided a very well-rated adventury coopery boardgame thing would be cool and good.

Let me know if you like it, I kind of want it myself.

HEY GUYS
Just a gentle reminder that you will then have until A WEEK BEFORE CHRISTMAS which is approximately, Tuesday, December 19th to get your gift delivered to your Secret Santee. To meet that deadline, I am asking that all gifts be mailed by December 15th.

Today is December 9th! The following people as far as I know or can glean, have not shipped a gift yet:
Main Round
Rhjamiz (two gifts) (posted would buy gifts Dec. 7. Did that happen?)
Niemat

Bonus round 1
Sion
Ego Trip

And that's it! Everyone else has at least ordered or shipped gifts. That's pretty drat good at this point in the game! Santa is pleased. :)

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Dec 10, 2017

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
A package of festive cheer was entrusted to the postal service this morning!

All those gifts will be delivered on time, like passengers on a train. Time to :ohdearsass:

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Ooh! A package arrived today! I pulled Krysmbot out of retirement to give it a good sniff.

Oh wow, there's quite a lot in here, and a handwritten note!

:aaaaa: Lined up like that, it's quite a lot! Machi Koro is a game I've been curious about. Forbidden Island is a game I can play with jivjov, a bunch of Sailor Moon stickers I can give to my now-wife, some collectable coins I'll probably regift to my dad who actually collects coins, and some trinkets from the National Airforce Armament Museum! Many thanks Toyota Thong!

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Leperflesh posted:

Today is December 9th! The following people as far as I know or can glean, have not shipped a gift yet:
Main Round
Niemat

Niemat claims to have sent out a gift on December 1st. And to have received a gift on the same day. And that pictures will come later. And it's been like a week where are the goddamn pictures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Krysmphoenix posted:

Forbidden Island is a game I can play with jivjov

I actually just ordered a copy of Forbidden Island as a gift for someone else...and I had a mass wave of cognitive dissonance seeing one on the dining room table mere hours later. Glad to be able to give this one a go sometime though! Thanks Krysm's Santa!

• Locked thread