Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Sliding in the door at the last minute to throw my hat back into the ring. Definitely don't think the declining participation rate is anything to do with how you run these, Leperflesh, it's always an absolute pleasure. I noticed a post in the wargames thread of all places about it a day ago and that was the first time I realised it was that time of year.

Things I'd Like: Are you from a country that isn't mine? Do you have some sort of odd traditional game in your part of the world? I would absolutely love to play it! I'm also keen to get my hands on cool abstracts or wargames, even solitaire stuff from either category! Please, no RPGs/books (my backlog is immense). Honestly I'm just happy for the joy of getting something unexpected in the mail.

General Location: Australia

I swear that I will be Most Good and not grinch under pain of being forced to play Exploding Kitten for all eternity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I was alerted to the fact I had missed a parcel and was initially irritated as I had been home at the time.

I can see why they didn’t try to deliver it now:

It’s big. It’s really big.
Not Pictured: getting it home from the post office on the back of a motorbike!

Thanks Santa Raged for this incredibly generous present! I have a shindig tomorrow night and suspect already this is going to be a big hit!

Mode 7 fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Nov 24, 2017

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Chiwie posted:

Woo! Cheers santa!

Hey! Glad you liked it. I'm not super knowledgeable about 40K but a friend of mine reliably informs me you can never have too many Rhinos.
May you burn the heretic, kill the mutant and purge the unclean this Christmas.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Santee #2's gift is away and should arrive by the end of this week!

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Quick message to my Santa if you're watching the thread: if you're wondering why I haven't picked up my parcel yet I've been out of town for work and then AusPost fuckery meant that I only actually found out they were holding a parcel for me tonight. I'll grab it first thing tomorrow morning!

(I assume the parcel is a Santa parcel because the only other thing I had coming was Gloomhaven and I picked that up today)

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

To give you an idea, I got the "come collect your drat parcel or we'll return it to sender" reminder at the same time as the original missed delivery notice.
AusPost truly moves in mysterious ways :v:

But I've managed to finally get down there to find

Maximillian 1934: Pulp-Action Road Rage Rules

How had I never heard of this before? It's a 1930s Mad Max miniatures game and the game I never knew I wanted until I got it. Thankyou! :aaaaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Sleekly posted:

Thank you Santa!

I received the best gift!
And a very insightful note to boot.

Trying to shoot bombers at night with all this tech and aircraft is going to be awesome!

Many many thanks!

I can't seem to get the picture to work in the post preview but it's Nightfighter by GMT :D

URL cos it deserves showing off: https://imgur.com/a/MOZeP

Another edit: this is the same guy who made Downtown! Very well chosen Santa. Thanks again!

Hey, super glad you liked it! I'm still dipping toes into wargames myself so I was a bit stuck for ideas, but I found it while over in Sydney for work and it sounded cool as hell.
Check out the GMT website - there's a solitaire variant in case your friends, colleagues and loved ones are all wise to your tricks to get them to play wargames with you.

• Locked thread