Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Super pumped for this!

Gift Preferences
I enjoy the hobby aspect of miniatures and the games that can be played with them. I've become a fan of skirmish games (because I found that I don't really enjoy painting 200 of the exact same guys), such as Osprey and Mantic games. Books for the rules or miniatures for painting and playing would be great, as well as painting accessories or terrain.

I'd prefer no anime, no GW, or fan service type miniatures, and no dongs, but anything else you think is cool would be welcomed. I currently have Mantic's Kings of War Historical and Deadzone starter, and Osprey's Broken Legions and Frostgrave. I enjoy historical, fantasy, and sci-fi themes in the games/miniatures. And even though I have no reason or need for one, I've been jonesing for a sweet, sweet KV-2 tank model. Since last year, I've also dipped my toes into X-Wing, and I don't have much so I'm not picky if you'd like get something related to that.

Besides that, my hobbies are blacksmithing and night school, so if you really wanted to get me a hammer or tongs or something, I wouldn't complain.

Solemn Vow
I have yet to grinch and I'm not about to start now.

Cotton Candidasis fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Nov 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Gift has been procured, and I plan on shipping tomorrow!

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Thank you Santa! Now I can get a three-way going with my space dwarves and enforcers!

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Gift was shipped out this morning!

Cotton Candidasis fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Dec 6, 2017

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Gau posted:

A PACKAGE HAS ARRIVED

I considered saving this under the tree for about 0.68 seconds. I just couldn't wait, though:

Whooo! I am a huge fan of the Tiny Epic games and I've been waiting to play this one since I missed out on the Kickstarter. Thanks, Santa!

...wait. There's another, smaller gift. It's awfully heavy for its size. What could it be?

Dice! Not just dice, but hand-machined steel dice! These are really personal and warmed the cockles of my heart. They'll fit in perfectly at our next Apocalypse World game. (Balance be damned!)

Glad you liked your gifts! Looking through the Tiny Epic games has made me want to give them a try myself now.

A note on the dice - they are hand-forged because I had to punch each and every hole by hand (that gives it the rustic artisan look/poor alignment) and then clean them up with grinding. Tried to get all the edges and corners off as best I could tell, but be careful with them on wood surfaces, they're heavy.

• Locked thread