Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
My favorite part of Christmas! Though regrettably I'll have to dial this down to just one gift this year and hope my late October salary comes in time for the ligthning round! gently caress that noise, it's double gifting time again!

Gift Preferences
- I'm an avid boardgamer and wargamer (of the carboard, rather than miniatures kind). This is a fairly recent record of my collection, I think it's only missing Stockpile and Voyages of Marco Polo? That is assuming my copy of Gloomhaven ever arrives.
- Of the above, Tash-Kalar, Space Alert and (less pressing) Stockpile and Marco Polo regrettably lack expansions.
- The binders are my LCG stash! I used to collect the Star Wars LCG up until Galactic Ambitions, around which my local scene died. I currently collect the Arkham Horrow, and while I'm up to date with cards (both regular and the print on demand scenarios), I don't have anything neat to pimp it out.
- I GM a few RPG campaigns when I can find some time. My tolerance for crunch went way down in the past few years, though.
- I like to eat and drink like a loving pig. Weird exotic delicacies are always welcome!
- I'm finally getting around to hanging the awesome Russian Civil War posters I got from a kind goon two years ago in my new flat - it's my favorite period, but really, I'll eat most grog poo poo up.
- I'd usually ask for no anime, but JoJo doesn't count and Rohan Kishibe is my dream husbando.

General Location
Warsaw, Poland

Solemn Vow
Grinches get stitches.

Lichtenstein fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Nov 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

I am glad to say that following breakage of several knees, I'm back to the double gifting game.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

One of my santees might find a box at his doorstep this very week, though next one is most likely.

The other will probably take quite some time due to my liking of a certain source that provides cool and high quality TG poo poo without any semblance of professionalism or organization in how it deals with business operations.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

I believe I have just received a gift from a kind Santa (the 0.5 kg Amazon one). I have almost forgotten I was supposed to wait until christmas eve to open it and so I caught a glimpse of something blue-ish!

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

My second santee's gift just got sent out from the supplier today, so I should make it in time for christmas.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

I've grabbed what I am certain is the other half of my Santa #2 gift. Thanks Santa!

I am also positive it was delivered the same day as the other, but some delivery notice fuckery was involved.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

Final gift dispatched.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

Herr Santa #1, the eagle has landed!

I really like the way it rattles inside the package. Like something big and a few marbles?

Please enjoy this hot secret santa on santa action shot

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

I can happily report that the remaining baggage of the Sled Force One has safely arrived at its destination - and it's positively soundproof this time!

Now I'm just left worrying about my own santees. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

I threw a little alt-christmas party for close friends tonight and couldn't wait any longer to open my sweet loot!

All boxes required careful inspection, but why use some silly animal for that, when one could enlist the world's greatest detective? I started with the smaller boxes and...

... The santa turned out to have an impeccable taste in cardboard! I got a card-based spin-off of Camel Up I didn't even know existed. It seems to be basically the same thing, but slightly refined - which, given the original is really fun, is pretty great!

Then there's the Space Alert expansion I went rather apeshit about. I had difficulty grabbing ahold of it and my most 'hardcore' group of gamers was finding the base game slightly easier than I'd like them to, so I spent a good part of the evening giggling at the poo poo Vlaada cooked up.

Thanks a lot, Santa!

The gift from the other santa was more puzzling: this photo looks like two pieces of poop in evidence bags, but in real life they rather resembled cheap chinese slippers sold at bazaars. However, a quick sniff gave the game away - they were actually delicious biscuits!

I devoured one of them with friends and they were really good, if hard to describe why - they're basically sponge cakes with a tint of chocolate, but really good, soft and airy. It's hard to believe they sat in a box for a few weeks beforehand!

The other box contained a letter explaining these weird biscuits in detail, including their XVIII-century origin story. I really enjoyed this little history lesson, the kind of semi-useless trivia being a nerd is all about. While Welfenspeise (the original planned dessert) doesn't sound like something that would survive the travel intact, it is mighty intriguing weird little thing. I might attempt doing one myself if I find a recipe!

And that's before we even get to the hot & trending game I was very generously gifted! I might have to keep it a secret for a while, or my friends will hound me night and day to set up a game night. I also found it amusing for a German tradgames goon to be surprised about the current state of boardgaming, given what a driving force the country is for the industry!

Man, I keep getting really cool stuff from this each year. Goon santas are the best!

PS. I hope I'll be able to do some wikipedia surfing on the Hoya-Oldenburg beef once I fully sober up, that stuff sounds interesting!

• Locked thread