Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Gift Preferences
I've been meaning to fill out my The One Ring RPG collection—currently I only have the corebook, Adventurers Companion, and Journeys & Maps. I've probably got most of the other books I would want, but you never know! The weirder and more obscure, the slightly greater chance I don't already have it and would find it interesting. I also like books that are not games. I Iove really bad/weird movies, everything from Incredible Bulk to Southland Tales. Since he seems to be the new hotness in weird-bad movies: No thank you, I already saw all the Neil Breen movies. I also already own Samurai Cop. I also like really, really good movies, but there are so very few of those. I've got cats! Neither of them care all that much about catnip, tho.

Please do not buy me anything from Games Workshop, Green Ronin, nuWhite Wolf, or anything from the Beast lineup from Onyx Path, not even as a joke.

I hope you enjoyed reading my obtuse wishlist as much as I didn't enjoy writing it.

General Location
Brownback's rear end in a top hat Fiefdom of AmerikkkaKansas, USA :911:

Solemn Vow
I promise never to do anything bad, ever, in the past, present or future.I vow not to Grinch, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Another quick delivery from SatanSanta!

A hefty metal d20, Erebor for TOR, and the movie Mom and Dad Save the World. And, of course, the best gift of all: gift notes from Amazooooon!

Thanks a whole lot, Shadow MosesSanta!

However, I have to take exception and nominate you for honorary grinch-status! You seem to think you sent me a bad movie, but it is in fact a good movie.

don't @ me

Nah, seriously: Thanks!

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

*cccrrkk* All gifts deployed. Bad memes and puns are attached. Over. *crrrk*

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Mystic Mongol posted:

As far as I can tell, it's an offbrand Arkham Horror adventure cardgame--it comes with individual campaigns based on each of the novels, which is honestly super cool. I'm pretty sure no one in my playgroup has read them, so the twists and turns of the story will be an endless series of surprises! Or completely confounding. One of the two.

I'll be back with a play report on this thing once I get a chance--it may be a bit, as apparently everyone I know is dying of a medley of plagues and misfortunes. But certainly within a month I'll tell all ya'll if this thing is a radical detective wizard adventure or a pile of references to books I haven't read.

Also sorry for not including the cat, she decided she didn't want to be photographed and is hiding in the closet.

I hope it's not poo poo! I couldn't figure out a good dumb RPG to get you, because the very first thing I thought of after reading your gift preferences turned out to be a game you did a Fatal & Friends of, and everything else that came to mind was $300 collector's garbage. I'm not really into board/coop card games, etc., but I've heard really good things about this one and it was pretty new so you probably didn't already have it.

You've got one more coming! Hopefully it will be more satisfactory if Dresden Files: The Card Game of the Roleplaying Game of the Novel Series turns out to be bad nog.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Mystic Mongol posted:

Also, I'm guessing Fantasy Wargaming? That was such a clusterfuck of a book.

Yup! I thought I was so clever. :sweatdrop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Mystic Mongol posted:

So I spent much of today in my counting house, measuring out tiny square wooden cubes for the meeples gathering resources for me. The rules said every coal cube I didn't play would cost me 1 victory point, but who's the game designer to say what victory is? I have all the goddamn money, because I don't waste money on nonessential purchases, and because I'm the only guy actually playing. Meeples who don't like the wages I pay can shut up about it, because they have no mouth.

And then I got a knock at the door--someone in a high visibility jacket, delivering out of the back of an unmarked white van. Holiday deliveries are a weird scene, man. The package came with a note!

Whoah! I better change my ways before the game ends and my player token is put into an afterlife in the box surrounded by ghost chains! I shall take a goose meeple from the box, and pay for it by also taking more money tokens from the box. It's post-scarcity utopia time for my tiny wooden men!

As I requested upthread, Santa has given me a box (!!) of excellent paintbrushes, shown here adjacent to a cat who absolutely has refused to get involved with any Christmas gift this season. I've already got a set of paints set aside, so I'm spending this weekend painting up my Infinity squad.

Thanks, Santa!

This is best response I could've hoped for, and I consider it an extra Christmas gift.

• Locked thread