Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
I've enjoyed this in years past, so let's do it again!

Gift Preferences: I'm primarily into indie RPGs, although I haven't been playing them as much lately.

Instead, I've been playing more LCGs such as Netrunner and L5R but have been keeping on top of releases for those two games at this point. While that means the cards themselves would not make a great gift, I'd be happy to receive any related paraphernalia.

In fact, general non-dice RPG/gaming accessories – such as something along the lines of another noteboard or these turn tracker cards – would be warmly welcomed if you end up otherwise stumped.

I have a budding collection of board games, although most of them cap out at four players or less, so if you're aware of any good games that can support five or even six people, one of those would be a welcome addition.

As far as miniatures are concerned, a mountain of Reaper Bones has me covered for pretty much anything, but I don't have much to use them for other than painting practice and as RPG figures, so a skirmish game that's pretty proxy friendly/miniature agnostic like Osprey Games' Frostgrave or Black Ops would be a great way to get some more use out of many of them. Alternately, if you are aware of any smaller scale spaceship minis (something that won't look out of place on a 1" grid), something like that would be pretty cool and well appreciated.

If you want to get a better taste for my preferences or want to check against sending a duplicate, here are my RPGGeek (collection, wishlist) & BoardGameGeek (collection, wishlist) links. I would prefer something physical (print on demand or handmade gifts are fine!) over digital, if at all possible. As far as other geeky hobbies go, I'm into comic books and video games, especially FFXIV.

Please, no
  • Dongs
  • Kingdom Death/other skeeviness
  • Munchkin, CAH, Exploding Kittens, Red Dragon Inn, etc.
  • Generic D&D & ilk
  • Dice
  • Live or dead animals

General Location: Maryland, USA

Solemn Vow: Never gonna grinch you up.

Auralsaurus Flex fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Nov 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
At this point, all of the main components for my santee's gift have been procured or ordered for delivery (to me, so I can add some personal touches before reshipping everything). I'll make my actual "Things are shipped!" (and accompanying :ohdearsass:) post when everything has been placed in the trusted hands of the postal service – which will likely be in early December based on shipping estimates.

As usual, if something happens and the timeline starts collapsing, I'll jettison this plan in favor of a direct shipment gift instead.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
A package arrived in the mail yesterday. I'm planning on opening it up a little closer to Christmas, but I took a quick peek to make sure it was what it seemed like it is, and everything looks good. Pics will be posted then.

Thank you, Santa!

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
A package of festive cheer was entrusted to the postal service this morning!

All those gifts will be delivered on time, like passengers on a train. Time to :ohdearsass:

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
Oh, no! I've been a bad Santee and forgotten to share the joy that my Secret Santa has brought me. :ohdearsass: Time to rectify that!

When it arrived, the package had both Parcel Inspectors interested, but only one felt photogenic at the time.

Included was a very nice letter, as well as a side-loading zip binder from BCW, a copy of Night Witches, a 1st Edition copy of the Legend of the Five Rings roleplaying game, and a fancy L5R lanyard/badge combo.

Thank you for all the awesome gifts! The binder will surely come in handy and I'm excited to read the L5R book to learn more about Rokugan. I've also declared my allegiance to the honorable Lion Clan using the customizable badge!

• Locked thread