Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Dear Santa and assorted goons,

For the fourth year in a row, I have somehow managed to be good average tolerable not a total shitlord. That means internet strangers get to buy me stuff, right?

Gift Preferences
I like RPGs, the weirder and more obscure the better. To give you an idea of what I think is weird & obscure, I still have my copy of Everway, and previous Santas have included Nexus: The Infinite City, Ninja Burger, and Legacy: Life Among the Ruins. PDF and Print-on-Demand are both absolutely fine; I've had no problems with either. If you've published a your own games or have a friend who makes weird small-press games, brilliant!

I'm getting back into playing board games. Things I like include Ascension, Star Realms, Netrunner, Among the Stars, and Superhot. I don't really have any board games beyond that, so I'm good with pretty much anything. Scifi stuff in general is also good. Art books as well; the Deus Ex and Mass Effect art books have provided a shitload of inspiration for me over the past few months. I'm also a big Transformers and Gundam nerd, and build anime robots (gunpla etc). I'll go for general nerd kitsch stuff, but my place is tiny and I don't have much free space.

I don't play wargames or use miniatures, I worked for White Wolf/Onyx Path so have everything I want from them, and I'm outright allergic to anything D&D/D20 related.

Solemn Vow
I ain't hosed up yet, if I do this year may the Formless Ones have mercy on my soul because I know Santa sure won't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Gift ordered and on its way to me to be wrapped.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Sign me up for LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND 1!

DigitalRaven posted:

Dear Santa and assorted goons,

For the fourth year in a row, I have somehow managed to be good average tolerable not a total shitlord. That means internet strangers get to buy me stuff, right?

Gift Preferences
I like RPGs, the weirder and more obscure the better. To give you an idea of what I think is weird & obscure, I still have my copy of Everway, and previous Santas have included Nexus: The Infinite City, Ninja Burger, and Legacy: Life Among the Ruins. PDF and Print-on-Demand are both absolutely fine; I've had no problems with either. If you've published a your own games or have a friend who makes weird small-press games, brilliant!

I'm getting back into playing board games. Things I like include Ascension, Star Realms, Netrunner, Among the Stars, and Superhot. I don't really have any board games beyond that, so I'm good with pretty much anything. Scifi stuff in general is also good. Art books as well; the Deus Ex and Mass Effect art books have provided a shitload of inspiration for me over the past few months. I'm also a big Transformers and Gundam nerd, and build anime robots (gunpla etc). I'll go for general nerd kitsch stuff, but my place is tiny and I don't have much free space.

I don't play wargames or use miniatures, I worked for White Wolf/Onyx Path so have everything I want from them, and I'm outright allergic to anything D&D/D20 related.

Solemn Vow
I ain't hosed up yet, if I do this year may the Formless Ones have mercy on my soul because I know Santa sure won't.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Lightning Bonus Round 1 gift is DEPLOYED! Should be with my Santee on Thursday.

Main round gift has still not arrived. If I've not heard anything by the start of next week I shall arrange an alternative.

e: By which I mean the gift I'm sending for the main round hasn't made it to me to send on to my santee.

DigitalRaven fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Nov 28, 2017

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

All gifts are now dispatched. Cheer requirements complete.

In other news, a package arrived and was quickly inspected by Agent Sinister of the Feline Postal Inspection Bureau.

He requested backup, and Agent Dexter leapt into action.

The two soon determined that they had better things to do...

But what lurks inside the mysterious package?

Why, it's the World of Might and Magic and Fortune & Glory! I haven't had a chance to give either more than a cursory glance just now, but they fall very clearly into the camp of "Things you didn't know you wanted until you got them". Thanks, Santa! I'm really looking forwards to cracking them open to see what treasures lie within.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Sion posted:

I wasn't in work for a few days and when I got back I had a package. Rather than open it in work and risk a dildo-y surprise that would require a trip to/awkward conversation with HR, I waited until I got home. What greeted me was two green bags, one of which contained a copy of the android netrunner core set. I got a game of it as Jinteki in already and got hammered so maybe if I look into one of the expansions and then oh god there goes all my money :(

Another green bag contained a copy of Grant Morrison's Zenneth. I'd never heard of this but it's right up my alley of weird 80s comics and Grant Morrison at his 'interdimensional nazis are coming to take over your brain'

Awesome stuff :)

I got Netrunner from a Santa a couple of years ago, and had the same result as you — the expansions are piling up. :)

Glad you liked them!

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Libluini posted:

So, a couple days ago I received something. Too bad I also fell ill a couple of days, which is why I can only post now about it!

A book about space ships! Thank you, Secret Santa! I'd never even imagined something like this existed, I guess I should search more in the future! I've already flipped through it, and some of the space ships are really, really good! I'm planning to sit down at some point to read it more closely. Anyway, awesome gift!

(One weird thing though, the package arrived open. Didn't look very safe to me, hopefully whoever opened it didn't take anything.)

Sadly I don't have a cat inspector. My cat prefers to sleep, leaving the hard work of inspecting mail to me. She's like the least curious cat ever, it's weird.

*phew* I was beginning to worry if it was going to turn up... nothing's gone missing, but I'm annoyed that it's been opened at all.

You're very welcome! When I read what you were after, I remembered that I used to read a blog that featured a lot of concept art for spaceships from movies/games/etc., and that they'd put a book out a few years ago. I couldn't not track down a copy. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

OK!

So, today is December 19th, the deadline for getting gifts delivered to Santees.

Here's where we're at, according to the Spreadsheet of Cheer. Please check this list to see if it agrees with your understanding: e.g. if you're not on the list but you didn't get a gift, speak up, and if you're on the list but you did get your gift, say so please!

DigitalRaven was shipped a gift by Santa, but has not yet confirmed delivery
Rhjamiz has a confirmed delivered gift, but it hasn't been shown or opened yet
Casnorf was ordered a gift by Santa, but has not yet confirmed delivery
Rhjamiz was shipped a gift by Santa, but has not yet confirmed delivery. Yes, this is supposed to be a second entry, because Rhjamiz is greedy and went for TWO exchanges.
DigitalRaven was shipped a gift by BONUS ROUND santa, but has not yet confirmed delivery

...and that's it! That's five remaining gifts out of 62 total, not bad at all. And only three recepients to account for, hopefully some of these gifts have arrived recently and just need to be acknowledged.

I confirmed delivery of one gift:

DigitalRaven posted:

All gifts are now dispatched. Cheer requirements complete.

In other news, a package arrived and was quickly inspected by Agent Sinister of the Feline Postal Inspection Bureau.

He requested backup, and Agent Dexter leapt into action.

The two soon determined that they had better things to do...

But what lurks inside the mysterious package?

Why, it's the World of Might and Magic and Fortune & Glory! I haven't had a chance to give either more than a cursory glance just now, but they fall very clearly into the camp of "Things you didn't know you wanted until you got them". Thanks, Santa! I'm really looking forwards to cracking them open to see what treasures lie within.

Don't think I've received the other one yet, though if it's a DriveThruRPG gift I'll have to check my library.

EDIT: A gift came in!

Thanks, Santa! I've wanted to pick up Magicians and Spirit of '77 for a while now, but never pulled the trigger, and the others all look great!

DigitalRaven fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Dec 20, 2017

• Locked thread