Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Gift Preferences: I would like to get a board game. Maybe an expansion for a good game on my list or something that fits my taste or is great. Interesting fun war game or something by Vlaada. I’ve never gotten a designer board game as a gift before, and would love for an actual board game lover to pick something out they think I’d like. Here is a list of what I own, and I apologize for the lengthiness of it. If it doesn’t list an expansion I don’t own it.

Star Wars Rebellion and Expansion; Twilight Imperium third and expansions; 1969 making of President; Galaxy Trucker; Carcassone
Ingenious; Forbidden Stars; Mysterium; Chaos in the Old world; Diskwars and expansions; War of the Ring and expansions; Shogun; Runewars; Tash-Kalar; Baseball highlights 2045; Pandemic legacy season 1; Tigris and Euphrates; Eminent Domain and Escalation expansion; Space Alert;!Risk 2210; Coup and coup reformation; Crunch; The resistance Avalon; Sushi go party; Codenames; Millennium Blades; Kemet; Mage Knight and lost legion expansion; Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective Jack the Ripper; Settlers of Catan; War on Terror; Earth Reborn; Gloomhaven

Falling Sky; Time of Crisis; Sekigahara; Liberty or Death; The US Civil War; Triumph and Tragedy; Churchill; Twilight Struggle; A Distant Plain; Wir Sind Das Volk and expansion; Napoleon’s Triumph; Days of Ire; Conflict of Heroes awakening the bear 2nd edition and solo expansion and firefight generator; Memoir 44; Here I Stand; Waterloo 200; Bloody Monday; Moscow ‘41; Maria

Solemn Vow: I solemnly vow to rock someone’s socks off with a Christmas gift, lest I be destroyed from within and without.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

I ordered my Santee’s gift last week (no option for gift wrap unfortunately). I got my own gift in today. When are we supposed to open these?

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Rhyos posted:

Got home from a late night at work to find a package! Went to set things up for a picture, and guess what happened:

Dangit, Cola!
Looks like I can't open it until she moves! This could take a while...

Edit: Food always works! And what I thought was a graphic novel turned out to be a PbtA ruleset!

I'm familiar with PbtA, but have yet to try The Sprawl. Having recently moved to LA, I'm starting to understand just how crazy urban sprawl can be, too!

Also, Amy appreciates the box for what it's worth, too!

My cats and I thank you, whomever you may be!

You should have another package coming your way, too, Merry Goon!

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Rhyos posted:

Got home from a late night at work to find a package! Went to set things up for a picture, and guess what happened:

Dangit, Cola!
Looks like I can't open it until she moves! This could take a while...

Edit: Food always works! And what I thought was a graphic novel turned out to be a PbtA ruleset!

I'm familiar with PbtA, but have yet to try The Sprawl. Having recently moved to LA, I'm starting to understand just how crazy urban sprawl can be, too!

Also, Amy appreciates the box for what it's worth, too!

My cats and I thank you, whomever you may be!

Did you get a second package in, yesterday?

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Leperflesh posted:

As a multi-gift-receiver, I requested your Santas to identify themselves either by SA username, or with a special Santa Number. In your case it should be a #1 or a #2. Can you please inspect your package, packing slip, etc. for one? Failing that, please email me with the name of the vendor, if it appears on the package, and I may be able to use that to identify your Santa.

If I still can't, I'll need you to open the package sooner than Christmas eve.

e. Oh hey Goons familiar with DTRPG: approximately how long do they typically take to print and mail a physical copy of a game book? I have a Santa who needs this info. In particular if you've used DTRPG to print & send a game during December, for delivery in time for Christmas, I'd love to hear from you.

I ordered my santee's book on the 19th of November and they received it on the 26th. Full color (albeit mostly just black pages with different colored fonts) and softback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Also, here is my absolutely amazing secret Santa gift! Thank you, fellow goon, for the best board game I’ve ever gotten as a gift! Also for likely going above and beyond the price, which you totally didn’t have to. If you’d like, I’d be willing to donate the difference you paid above $30 to a charity of your choice.

[timg] http://imgur.com/Iu4PdM5[/timg]

• Locked thread