Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Another Year, another TGSS...

Gift Preferences I'm going to be fairly open this year, though paints that are able to be shipped by mail would be a plus (Army Painter, Valejo). Board/card games are always a plus, as that's the easiest thing for me to inflict on my friends and coworkers. Light board games with higher player counts as well as medium weight games are the sort of sweet spot. I'm also open to other nerd poo poo so long as it's not ponies (or send me ponies and I'll pawn it off as a prize for my students).

What I have:

*A bunch of primed, unpainted and unbuilt spaceships from a pretty famous kickstarter that I'm sure you've heard of...
*No other miniatures to speak of in my current abode, but an itching desire to try out some of the more skirmish type games.
*A bunch of board games: Star Realms, Netrunner, Scythe (+expansion), Hostage Negotiator: Crime Wave (I don't have the original set), Tokaido, Cottage Garden, King of Tokyo (1st ed+Halloween expansion), Dixit, Keyflower, Summoner Wars Core Set, Vast, Viticulture: Essential Edition, Catan, Splendor, X-WANGS (I don't have many so more would be cool), Carcassone (+Traders & Builders), 5 Minute Dungeon, Codenames, Sushi Go Party (and regular), Hanamikoji, Big Book of Madness, Patchwork, Coup, Love Letter, Fluxx, Maratime Silk Road, at least one print+play copy of Secret Hitler, Overseers, and I may or may not have backed Consentacle.
*Jackbox (it's vidya gams, but the sort of thing that friends and I get up to when we're together, so board games in a similar vein are welcome).
*Paranoia and the WHFRPG are the only rpgs I currently own (both in digital formats). Don't be in a hurry to send me rpg stuff (unless it's dice or miniatures).

What I don't need:

*Dominion: A close friend already has this.
*Munchkin. Or Monopoly.
*poo poo that'll get flagged in customs

Other stuff: I can provide links to shops that are in the same region as I am, but keep in mind that even if shipping is cheaper, the costs of products will probably be higher in general. People who know me irl who have participated in a past TGSS: Safety Biscuits

Also, I'm signed up on the AISS, so if you want to see what other nonsense I get up to, here's a pathetically short and vague post: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3839188&pagenumber=2&perpage=40#post478360392

General Location: Isla de Formosa a.k.a. Taiwan a.k.a. "Good China" a.k.a. TAIWAN NUMBER 1 China number 17

Solemn Vow: I'd rather be buried under every naughty child's lump of coal than to Grinch my Santee.

CovfefeCatCafe fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Nov 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Christmas cheer was ordered over the weekend. I don’t have a notification that it’s shipped yet, but it is totally possible that I won’t get the notification before it arrives seeing as where I ordered it from is in the same city as where my Santee lives. Keep an eye out Santee!

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

thegodofchuck posted:

I haven't been feeling well so no cool pics of my cool gifts yet, but I received some walking dead minis and some crazy playing cards in two packages, so I'm going to assume they're from my two remaining santas. Thanks santas!

I’ll out myself as the one who sent the minis. Just as i predicted, you received them before I got the shipping notification. Also, there may or may not be another package coming, but it might be a week or two out. Or not.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Dearest Santa,

I know getting my gift has been a pain in the rear end, but I just got a notice about attempted delivery, apparently after the delivery company had already returned the package to their distribution center. I’m going to arrange another delivery and hopefully, probably have it sometime next week. Sorry for all the trouble this has caused.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

aldantefax posted:

No embed, but here you go by popular demand.

:nws: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mzoireakkh8ryzn/nws_b_JPEG_20171215_200856.jpg?dl=0 :nws:

The front is more or less the same.

I’m not sure what thought process one would have to think, “Yes, this IS a thing people would like to wear.” Holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Good news is I finally have my package. However, I'm on my way to work, so pictures will have to wait.

• Locked thread