Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

My gf and I just got apple watches yesterday and have been playing around with them. Is the Walkie Talkie function particularly janky, or do we have something weird going on? It seems to hang on saying the other person is talking fairly often even though they definitely aren't, and no sound is coming through. We also seem to have occasional connection issues, which I suppose could be networking related.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

My series 5 I got back in March 2020 is at 86%

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

84% on my S5 I got in March of 2020. Dunno why it’s holding up better.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

I’ve got a S5 that’s mostly still going strong and haven’t seen a ton that’s got me interested in the newer versions except I have a vague impression that they charge significantly faster. Is that accurate? I’d be tempted to upgrade if I don’t have to leave it on a charger for an hour+ every day.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

fourwood posted:

I can tell you, I definitely can feel it whenever I charge my S7 on the puck from my S3. Of course it’s not a big deal for overnight charging but I wear mine overnight so faster charging in the morning/evening is useful.

Yeah, that’s where I’m at. It’s not usually a big deal working from home, but bites me in the rear end sometimes if I’m going to be out all day.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

https://www.macrumors.com/2022/12/13/microsoft-authenticator-watchos-app-discontinued/

Well this sucks.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Mad Wack posted:

that sucks but you can use any authenticator app with watchos support for TOTP w/ MS, i use 1password and it works great

Yeah, but not the push functionality where I tap approve a login on my watch.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Yeast posted:

My little series 5 is barely making it through the day, just need you to limp into September little mate.

Yeah, my 5 is around 80% battery. I usually charge it around 11am, which takes an hour or two, then it lasts me until the next day.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

My 5 can’t go another year, so I bit the bullet on a 9. Somewhat tempted to go into the store and check out the ultra and maybe swap for that in a few weeks.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Will the usb-c puck that came with my new S9 charge the watch faster than the puck I got with my S5?

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Thanks!

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

smackfu posted:

I inevitably end up using Modular even though I don’t think anything is very useful for the big main complication. I just like having digital plus four small complications.

I use the big middle one for my calendar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Sri.Theo posted:

Is there any way to set your Apple Watch to ping someone else phone? My girlfriend always asks me to do it via my phone if she can’t find hers. All the locations sharing settings etc are on but it doesn’t seem to be an option.

You can use the find decides app on the watch if you’re in a family