Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008
Can anyone recommend a watch strap that goes over your coat sleeve? For normal watches you get them for skiing etc, and they’re very handy in cold weather. Saying that I guess I should check the Apple watches operating temps...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

If they exist for regular watches, just get a set of adapters and a regular strap you like.

I didn’t actually know this was a thing so thanks, I will look into it. I don’t really like the action sleeve as it looks ugly.

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008
I wonder if they will ever switch to actual QI charging like the iPhone.

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008
Yeah, I don’t think they actually use the eSIM standard either do they?

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008
Regulatory cost recovery charge?

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008
Can you take voice notes on the Apple Watch- as in voice to text? And if so will it let you just spend to the previous note automatically or does it create a new one?

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008
Does anyone else have an issue where the green LEDs stay on when you take your watch off? It’s a little annoying and seems to really kill the battery life. I’ve made sure to finish whatever exercise I’m doing as well.

Also you know when the watch recognises you’re doing an activity and asks you to confirm - is there any way to accept using your voice rather than touching the screen?

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008
Is there some trick to paying with the Apple Watch? Mine works fine paying on the tube without doing anything- commuter mode is turned on- but I can’t seem to pay in shops.

I’ve tried double clicking the side button but that just switches apps.

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008

Protocol7 posted:

Are you double clicking the crown or the button? Because the shortcut for Apple Pay is a double click of the actual button.

Might have to turn it on in the watch settings as well.

As God is my witness I did not know there was a separate button. Thanks both!

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008
So the Apple Watch is water ‘resistant’ rather than waterproof. What’s peoples experience with taking it swimming at the beach etc? Would be useful to have a payment method with me sometimes.

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008
I want to get hold of a travel charger for my Apple watch but can't find a good one that will ship to Denmark/withing the EU. Looking for something that does not have a wire built in, but has a USB-C port on it. Something like the iFory Magnetic Watch Charger would be great but I can't find it for sale over here. It's a Series 7 if that makes a difference.

The official Apple duo charger thing is like €100 which is way too much for something I use twice a year and has a high potential of getting lost.

Sri.Theo fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Oct 13, 2022

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008
Doesn’t exist. But notifications do show up.

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008
You know how you can ping a family members phone using ‘find my’ from your phone. Is there a way of doing that from the Apple Watch?

Currently it only shows my devices.

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008
Is there any way to set your Apple Watch to ping someone else phone? My girlfriend always asks me to do it via my phone if she can’t find hers. All the locations sharing settings etc are on but it doesn’t seem to be an option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008

rafikki posted:

You can use the find decides app on the watch if you’re in a family

Oh I tried that but weirdly I had to accept permissions in Find People before her devices showed up. Thanks, it works now.