Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Matinee posted:

The point of the Apple Watch Ultra isn’t to appeal to people who actually run ultra-marathons (at least with any regularity), it’s to appeal to people who *like the idea* of running an ultra-marathon.
They should do a partnership with Vollebak and capture the Iron Man wannabe demographic too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

smackfu posted:

Reminds me of one time we took my wife’s iPad in because the screen cracked, planning to pay the $100 to get it replaced under Apple Care+. Tech looked at it and said a single long crack without any other damage was a defect and covered for free. Nice surprise.
I worked at Apple just before they introduced the “+” to AppleCare+ during the period where the first instance of physical damage was covered under a “surprise and delight” policy.

Somebody once brought in their iPad that they’d somehow run over with their car; the thing was absolutely destroyed but I got to give him a free replacement (even if it felt a bit absurd, lol)

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Somebody previously recommended Autosleep which seems to work well and I’m fairly sure will do what you’re after.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

The real value is in having a vibration alarm attached to your body that’s far less offensive than audio (IMO) and also doesn’t wake up sleeping partners.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

I quite like Sundial; complications and widgets and such are a one-off purchase.

E: I’ve never had cause to use it without WiFi but I’m reasonably certain it doesn’t need a network connection.