Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Wanna get in on page one and say gently caress Apple for the bullshit they pulled with the Music app in OS4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I was having that problem. Reboot fixed it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It took an insanely long time for this one, maybe like a few hours. The processing of the update kept resetting 🤔

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Is there any 3rd party Apple Watch chargers worth getting or is it a Magsafe situation where the knockoffs are poo poo and might burn my house down?

I just want a spare one to leave in work/ my GF's house for emergencies.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Is there a way to get to the now playing app without having the audio auto launch setting enabled?

Press the side button and it should be there (the button that isn't the crown, I dunno what it's called)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Watch OS4 and ios11 are the holy pair of dog poo poo Apple releases. It sucks you can't downgrade your watch OS or I would have gone back to OS3+ios10 when they were still being signed.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

So to confirm you can store music locally on your watch--as well as back up music via apple music if you have a subscription to listen to without a connection?

Umm I have no idea how it works without Apple Music but the way it works if you have a subscription is you can sync playlists to the watch. It's also SUPPOSED to auto-sync whatever you listen to frequently when your watch is charging but I've found it extremely unreliable lately.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah what WithoutTheFezOn says, I don't think you can access ANYTHING on your watch through a Mac

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

4.2.2 seems to have fixed the crippling slowdown starting a workout and opening music on my Series 2 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

Thank you Apple for finally releasing the good OS

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Oh poo poo, I gotta get this. That occasional 8 second wait is horrible.

Music still takes a few seconds to open but once it's active , it isn't a stuttery mess. Same with Workout.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I did my first swimming workout when I was swimming with my kids this weekend. It’s cool as hell that it tells you how far you went with each stroke.

I did my first one last week too! The strokes thing is very cool

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Wait what

The future is cool sometimes

It is insanely accurate, I'm looking at a swim I did on Tuesday with four different strokes and I can attest to the numbers being bang on.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

gregday posted:

Beta 1 of 4.3 is out and it brings back iPhone music control.

Holy poo poo on just series 3? Or on all watches

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Thank you Steve 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rolo posted:

So what exactly is this?

A UI for changing the music you're listening to on your phone. It was present in OS3 and cynically excised in OS4

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rolo posted:

So it’s like the “now playing” screen but with actual menus?

Yep, you can browse your whole library. I used it literally every day while running.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rolo posted:

Got some AirPods for my series 3 last week and my life is now different.

They're so cool

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dugong posted:

Is anyone else having an issue where they have to close a restart the workout app before any workout? I have the S2.

Not since 4.2

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nah I paired mine straight out of the box when I was in a bar. Doesn't need to be charging.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Are you on the latest OS? I've had zero issues since updating.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

All my problems with os4 (lag opening music, workout app freezing) instantly disappeared with 4.2

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

gently caress those small holes.

🙅‍♀️

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Have you tried unpairing or resetting the watch? I've had zero problems since updating.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

They don't

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Anyone else having an issue with indoor swims on the workout app giving you totally wrong distance readings?

Mine are STARTING at like 9 or 10 KM.
The number just stays there throughout the entire workout, even though the lengths counter works fine and when you finish the workout, it logs the proper distance.

S2 on the latest OS!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Thank gently caress they've brought back music controls

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

I get all-day battery life on my S2. Which is to say, if I forget to charge it overnight, I might need to charge in the morning.

My S2 will go about 2 days, if I'm staying somewhere that I don't have my charger with me I can usually get a second day's use out of it until I get home that night.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gonna store my 300 AW bands in that thing

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

buglord posted:

Or what I did because :goonsay:

I love that so much

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

My cousin turned breathe reminders off and died :ohdear:

He got hit by a bus

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

How the hell are they allowed for an action to the screenshot gesture. How did that get past certification.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dugong posted:

I just use the default workout app :shrug:

Yeah it's pretty good.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

PZ Smeltzenseltzer posted:

Yep, this. The built-in Workout app also uses the crown + side button combo to pause workouts (especially useful when swimming while Water Lock is on).

:aaaaa:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Deffo try a repair first. That solved a workout problem for me.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Does it save all my watch settings if I do a re-pair? Don’t think I’ve ever done that before and it would be a colossal pain in the dick to redo all my settings again.

You can do a backup to your phone.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Shake your wrist a bit as you walk :v:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

You can delete messages on your phone and they'll still be on your watch

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Someone over on the Apple Watch subreddit found out her husband was cheating on her by that exact method so a word of warning to everyone :v:

Don't be bold 😤😤😤

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

iMessage ,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Russians hacked my buttplug and other tales from our poo poo present.