Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Anyone have band recommendations for fashionable goons? I want a leather band but overwhelmed by the options on Etsy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I use the default weather app on my phone and watch. :shrug:

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I’m happy with my S2 cause all I want is to passively view notifications on my watch. I have yet to answer a call on the watch. Do I talk into it and I hear people on speaker? Seems weird.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

But does the magnet slip after a year?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Three Olives posted:

I'm trying to decide which Apple Watch to pick up, I don't think I need cellular or GPS, I rarely use Siri, I really just want it for notifications. Any reason in particular I should choose a Series 1 or Series 3 over the 2?
That was me and I went with a series 2. I just use my watch for fitness and notifications.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

enojy posted:

Some of the Coach bands are currently 50% off for their winter sale. I own the Rexy band and it's well worth the current sale price of $75. Good leather and construction if anything strikes your fancy.
Those are all women sizes? I fit a s/m sports band. Wonder if it will fit.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Vintersorg posted:

I got a knock-off milanese loop and drat is it good. $30 CAD and based on what I am reading it's only a little lighter than the official. Strong as hell magnet too which is nice.

Do share a link.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I'm having issues of slow wake when I turn my wrist to see the time on my S2. How often do you need to reboot these things to keep them running fast?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

black like all our hearts
:omarcomin:

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Hey guys. I've had my S2 for a while now and I never used Apple Pay on it cause I honestly don't know how despite using my phone to pay for everything. It also seems less convenient than paying with your phone unless I'm mistaken.

Educate me.

Edit: I'm stupid and all you gotta do is double tap the button like on your phone. My issue is: I only have my credit card showing up and not my loyalty cards from my phone's wallet. iCloud for the Wallet is set "on" on my phone. Dunno what gives?

Housh fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jul 15, 2018

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Yeah. It just doesn't feel natural. I guess when you are waiting in line to pay for something...you already have your phone out trying to kill time.

I'm sure there are fringe uses and it totally makes sense if you are going phoneless with the S3

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Does it go through your wrist or do you have to touch your face to the scanner?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I have a s2. If I’m streaming from my phone to AirPods can I still control the sound with the watch crown?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Holy poo poo

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Dearest friends,

Today I tried to take my first WatchOS screenshot by pressing both the crown in and the side button. Expecting a flash similar to iOS, I was surprised to see nothing happening. I tried many times and nothing. What am I doing wrong? Reboot/repairing time?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Yeah it was off. Thanks! Is that the default? I never tried a screenshot until now and I don't remember ever digging into the settings this far to disable anything.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

How do I make it so if I set a timer on my phone, it shows up on my watch?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

If I set a timer on my phone it'll go off on my watch
But it doesn't show the countdown does it?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Did anything to do with band compatibility change?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Endless Mike posted:

Can you rephrase that in English?
Can you use S2 bands on S4?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Whoooo I’m gonna spend money on more purdy

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Updating series 2 watch and it's taking 12 hours

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

When I walk to work it asks me if I'm doing a work out which is cool at first but after a while gets annoying. I think having the rings is cool enough unless they want to give me virtual medals then weehhhhhh

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I have a s2 and it says my watchOS 5.0.1 is up to date. Is something messed up? I heard Apple just pushed out 5.1.1.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

eddiewalker posted:

My S2 has been doing the same thing on the newest updates fwiw.
My friend with a S0 has the same problem. I'm worried about updating.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Endless Mike posted:

Shows up on mine. Sometimes these things are in waves, though.
You still have your s2? Any unpairing issues on 5.1.1?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

How do I get Apple News off my watch? I turned off the notifications on the watch app on my phone but they still are there. I hate that poo poo!

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

eddiewalker posted:

You talking about the Siri face or something? Turn off “news” as a Siri face data source in the watch app.
That's it. Thanks!

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I'm thinking of upgrading my phone in the fall which makes me think about upgrading my s2 too.

Are software updates faster on the newer watches or the same?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I'm going from s2 stainless to s5 titanium. I bought a refurb s2 when s3 came out to try out the watch and besides AirPods, it's my favourite and most used Apple device.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Man...I was so gungho on upgrading my phone this year but I'm honestly more excited about going from S2 to S5.

I think I'm going to hang on to my 7 Plus for one more year cause I can't find any fault in it. I honestly never thought the watch would be more important to me than the phone but honestly...I use it way more throughout the day. It's basically my phone's primary display.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Will my 42mm s2 sport band work on a 44mm s5?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Holy poo poo the titanium watch is estimated to ship end of November

Also, is there any way an old phone could bottle neck a new watch if it relies on it for internet access?

Housh fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Sep 18, 2019

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Yeah this year both the phone and watch are the marginal spec updates. That’s why you don’t preorder. I want pro motion and 6gb of ram before I upgrade my phone.

Titanium and people upgrading from s0-2 makes sense to upgrade now on the watch.

What do you guys think the watch will have next year? It seems like they want to ramp up dev this year with rolling out new watch App Store. I think I always on this gen gives an idea of stuff to start working on for a big boost in watch power.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Can a wrist sensor calculate water weight and body fat like a tanita?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Excited to get my new watch and hope it bumps up from the current 7-8 week ship date. :f5:

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Yeah. Same here waiting on November sg titanium. Thinking of changing it to space grey Milanese Loop. Did goons say taking it on and off scratches your poo poo? I have a s2 stainless steel I use everyday that has no noticeable scratches to me but I use a black sports band all the time.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Since it's gonna be a while until my watch gets here might as well shop for some straps!

Nomad straps got me curious...which ones you guys got? Was looking at the modern leather strap. Also, anyone have a coach strap? Looking at the navy blue cadet.

Recommend some nice leather straps please!

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

When you think new watchOS for older watches?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I'm still waiting on my watch. Post your watch faces, please!