Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hdip
Aug 21, 2002
I don't have an apple watch. I'd just like to say that I used to go to an urgent care run by an orthopedic surgeon. I quite liked that urgent care when I broke bones growing up skateboarding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hdip
Aug 21, 2002
Epilator is a feature!

Hdip
Aug 21, 2002

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Wait you can get awards for menstruating?

Aren’t those just called babies?

Hdip
Aug 21, 2002
Many many surfer's I know use them to surf. The watch itself is fine. The battery on the other hand dies very quickly when using GPS to track, and the screen is very hard to use in the water, so you try to use Siri, but then you can't really hear anyone you call anyway. So it's not great. But as far as waterproof, yes it's fine.

Hdip
Aug 21, 2002

Red_Fred posted:

I think I remember there was an ad a few years back of a guy taking a call while surfing and I can’t think of anything worse

Real life example of worse. Buddy was learning how to Downwind in the ocean. So Stand Up Paddle (with a foil) in strong winds. People called the lifeguards on him since it looks like he's struggling and it's to windy to be out on a SUP. He's out there just fighting the fight, trying to figure it out. His watch starts blowing up. It was the Coast Guard who were searching for him with a helicopter and rescue boat, and finally got a hold of him by texting his apple watch. :) He politely declined help and finished the run.

Hdip
Aug 21, 2002

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Heading to Florida this weekend. Does a series 5 watch or SE have any issues with salt water? Or is the recommendation to not have it in salt water and sand?

None whatsoever. All the surfers around me wear them.

Hdip
Aug 21, 2002
Every other surfer in the water out in LA has an apple watch on while surfing. Sucks you lost the lottery on that one. Sorry man.

Hdip
Aug 21, 2002

Raymond T. Racing posted:

New double tap is way better than the accessibility option

I tried the accessibility option on my s6 for like 5 minutes and went “this is meh”

Double tap was an immediate “ok yeah I like”

Top of the last page. People were talking about that gesture from the commercial. Quoting one of the posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hdip
Aug 21, 2002

Kaddish posted:

, but would occur every time I submerged my hand.

Bluetooth doesn't work through water.