Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Mine was being funny. Then I upgraded to the watch 4.2 beta. Now it works fine.
Try maybe reinstalling the app too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Rolo posted:

Got some AirPods for my series 3 last week and my life is now different.

pods is best

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

resident posted:

I’ve been really happy with my Anker Soundbuds Slim. For $25 they are a steal. Three-ish years ago I tried some $100 Jaybirds and their reception and sound was horrid so I’m happy Bluetooth buds have come along so quickly.

Android thread for poors is this way sir https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3689060

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Electric Bugaloo posted:

didn’t want first gen AirPods.

:frogout:

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

SpaceCadetBob posted:

At home, I would love to be able to leave my phone in my bedroom and be able to move around my entire house while staying connected, but that would be completely outside Bluetooth range. I have wi-fi obviously, but couldn't make out from the sales webpage if email notifications would come through over wi-fi alone. (I'd rather not get the cellular version for cost reasons). Same goes for work, with regard to extended wandering around my shop. Corollary to that, is if the watch can get all the calls/texts/emails out of Bluetooth range, how much of a delay is there in getting them compared to the phone itself?
The watch switches to known wifi networks when out of bluetooth range. Delay is negligible.

quote:

If all that above works out, the next question I have is on durability. I work in construction, so from time to time I have to climb around in roof trusses, or lug around heavy metal things. Obviously if I'm going to go elbow deep into some nasty poo poo I can take if off, but I'd rather not have to remember to do that every time I pick up a crate of parts and accidentally bump my wrist against a shelf or something.
Get a stainless, the sapphire screen is near impossible to scratch.

quote:

Lastly, I'm assuming that If I go for a run with the watch alone, it will sync up exercise data when it gets back in range of the phone?
Yup

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

MarcusSA posted:

Did they mess with nightstand mode? It seems to be way more sensitive since I updated last night.

As far as turning on the screen to show the time? Mine's always been super sensitive. Like I cough and it activates.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
I store my watch in my butt and slip the charging puck in there at supper.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
My best friend and I were playing a board game together when our phones went off simultaneously, He looked at his and immediately grabbed my phone, then went to delete what ever text I just got. I then looked at my watch and laughed at the photo of his wifes tits sent in a group chat to him, my wife and myself.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Best watch

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

eddiewalker posted:

Honestly, we were at a hotel buffet yesterday and I thought it would be nice to have a quick shortcut to buzz my wife’s wrist so she’d look back at the table and I could motion “grab me a fork.”

Just throw your knife at her

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

cowofwar posted:

Most people use a bird whistle or something. Maybe buzz your butt vibrator.

I don't see how him buzzing his butt vibrator is going to get her attention at a distance.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Stupid shell station near me has the contactless thing but when I scan my watch it just says “declined” and locks up the pump for a minute. Valero near me works as long as I hit credit before I scan.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Huh. They’ve completely killed the link band? I’m happy with my series 2 still. Hopefully they bring it back for the 5 so I can upgrade.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

rage-saq posted:

My 44m SBSS S4 just arrived, my SBSS link band from an S2 still matches up flawlessly in both color and form which is great since I guess they aren’t making it anymore.
Apple isn’t joking about the 42 and 44 sizes being almost identical. Setting just the cases next to each other really shows how they are so close you might as well consider them the same, though the thinness of the S4 is notable. The bottom dome of the watch is much shorter so it feels like it’s a lot closer to your wrist too.
As is no surprise to anyone the new screen is stunning and I’m still messing around with complications.

I wonder if the got rid of the link in anticipation of the AirPower since it can't lay flat... Then those stupid fuckers failed to engineer it.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

roofus619 posted:

They'd also have the same problem with the Milanese Loop as well as all the sport loop bands though, so I'm not sure that's the reason.

Huh I guess you're right I never played with the loop, I assumed it pulled apart. I have an S2 with Link

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-watc...0YQ&step=detail

Ugh gently caress me, looks like I am going to do it again, spend another $1100 like I did three years ago.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

well I did it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Endless Mike posted:

I'm confused. You seem to already have a link bracelet, so why buy another?

Eh it's a little beat up, I want a shiny new one to match my shiny new watch.

Violator posted:

That looks super nice.

Yeah man I've had the Series 2 SS with Link for three years now and get constant compliments on it. I used to wear Tags so when I got the apple watch I wanted to get something that looked equally formal and would make me never look back at my traditional watches.