Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
Bought this stand back in July when someone recommended it in the old thread. It's been a great little stand. I can put my watch on the dock in the dark very easily, which is my favorite thing about it.

http://a.co/2RnovkY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

I remember some people recently talking about activating their watch accidentally or having the watch stop their workout through incidental contact. Someone recommended turning on water mode, which would be for the S2 and up.

If you have a series 1 like me, you can swipe over on the workout screen and tap lock. The screen will actually still light up with incidental contact, however you won't be able to swipe or do anything else until you roll that Digital Crown. Should solve that issue.

I've had the watch for just about a year now and I use workouts almost every single day and just learned this about 5 mins ago. I'm sure most people know this, but here ya go just in case!

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

I wish Apple allowed 3rd party music apps for Watch OS like they do iOS. :( Sucks not being able to browse playlists as a..list of songs. Instead, they're treated like an all or nothing thing. They need to bring back playlist browsing, and they need to have a shuffle button hidden at the very top of every playlist.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

RoboCop 3 posted:

I left the house today and walked outside at what I would consider a faster than "brisk" pace, and Watch said that counts as "movement" but not "exercise."

What the gently caress, Watch? I'm OUT of the HOUSE. That's EXERCISE! :mad:

I found it got better when I committed to starting frequent "Other" workouts for doing tasks that aren't necessarily exercise but do raise your heart rate, like yard work for example. Now it seems to be pretty good about giving me exercise credit for strenuous activities on its own.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Speaking of fitness and poo poo, what's the best calorie and food tracker for watchOS that isn't myfitnesspal anyway?

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Boris Galerkin posted:

Guys, watchOS is canceled.

Literally unusable.

(They can’t be re-ordered here; it should be alphabetical.)

It looks almost like Voice Memos has a space in front of it.

Twerkdad posted:

The true crime is the Voice Memos label also has a space at the start so it’s out of line with the rest. Steve Jobs died for this

Beaten lol

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

marktheando posted:

Tim Cook said he wears his watch in the shower, does this mean he doesn't use soap? Disgusting.

He only uses the body oils of young teenage virgin boys to cleanse his flesh anymore.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Did they move the Clear All from the long press to the top of the list? God drat that’s annoying.

Also, I can’t quick change the app list with a long press anymore? Worst watch os ever.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

This watch update has been a very poor experience for my S3. Constantly restarting to the Apple logo. I didn’t realize why my watch was randomly locked but it’s because the drat thing keeps restarting. I erased all contents and settings but by 11:30am yay watch was down to 40% battery so I don’t think I can pair it. My watch has like 12gb of storage so I didn’t run into the bullshit storage issue. loving thing loving sucks.

Edit: I erased all the poo poo and setup from the backup from this morning(a watchOS 7 backup) and everything seems to be ok. I knew I should have waited to update, haha.

decypher fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Sep 18, 2020

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Which makes no sense if true because look at any 2 year old aluminum Apple Watch screen and it’s going to be riddled in scratches you just won’t find on a similarly aged SS version. So I don’t believe you.

Edit: Swappa - cheapest series 4 aluminum is $250. Cheapest SS S4 is $295, although there’s only one listing. Most are in the $350 range. Looks like SS do lose value faster than their bitch rear end aluminum counterpart. I sort of believe you.

decypher fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Oct 2, 2020

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

hadji murad posted:

You have to wipe your phone to fix the workout maps issue? gently caress.

I just use WorkOutDoors.app cause gently caress you Apple. It’s superior in every way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Wow, gently caress you Apple.