Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I splashed out for a SE watch and I'm enjoying it so far. The different clock faces are charming.

The heart rate monitor was the main thing, other than "a desire for a novel toy," that I was looking for. I think it is neat, although it is kind of worrying to see when it spikes up, lol. I'm guessing things like transient spikes when I get up are just a factor of it sampling a particular 10-15 seconds and extrapolating, right? :ohdear:

Nessus fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Feb 12, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

The Siri feature on my watch has started doing a thing where it lights up like it's listening, and then despite speaking directly into it like an rear end in a top hat, it doesn't hear me and I have to do it two or three times, which makes this bourgeois feature somewhat useless. This is more and more frequent. Is there just some fuzz in the microphone, do I need to reboot the watch somehow (how?), or what.

No other problems as far as I can tell!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Is there really going to be a new Apple Watch that can track your blood pressure? How would that work? Would you have to wear it on your dong, as the prophecy foretold?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

My Watch keeps making the alert chimes/buzzes but doesn't actually show me the alert. I don't get the 'you fulfilled your ring' animations either, though I can sometimes see the notice in the backscroll. Did I fill up the queue, do I need to reboot the watch or something? It still works fine otherwise, but those were charming little elements.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

eightysixed posted:

I wonder what made them do this.
That device lawsuit?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

I put on my watch this morning and for some reason it ran out of charge super fast. It was also warm to the touch. Is this some known failure mode? :ohdear: It seems to be working fine...

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Reboot didn't fix it. Uh oh!! Maybe it is "trade-in time"

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

xzzy posted:

Usually that does it! Sometimes a full reset cleans stuff up too.

Not that I would suggest you don't rush out and consume more, capitalism demands it citizen.
It has lasted two and a quarter years and I believe a battery replacement would be like $100 anyway. The fact that it actually gets hot and that this came on abruptly is making me think it is actually a physical defect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Jose Oquendo posted:

Do a hard reset. Hold the side button and crown at the same time until the screen turns off and back on w/the Apple logo.
I did and it did not address the issue. :(

However, I am going to now return it for trade-in! Hopefully it doesn't, like, quietly die in the box and get me dinged for giving them a "dead" watch.