Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am confused by the discontinued list in the OP, for Series 3, is it only the Apple Watch Hermes that is discontinued? The Series 3 is still sold on the front page of the Apple website. The regular series 3 watch is the one I was thinking of getting, it'll be my first Apple Watch (but second Smart watch).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Looking for an Apple Watch and came across this deal; https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F264236405169

Thoughts? Anything I should look out for that might make this a bad deal? At that price I’m skeptical and so wanted to check in with much smarter people than myself.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I decided to just buy myself a series 4 directly from Apple. :v:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

On the Timer app, someone was joking that Apple would switch the buttons around with the update to Watch OS6. Apple literally did just that. :lol:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ok Comboomer posted:

debating whether to upgrade my ~6 year old 3 to an 8 for $70 off during this upcoming Prime day sale in July or wait for the Series 9

I've been waiting for an opportunity to upgrade from the Series 4 myself. What I am really waiting for is for Apple to stop supporting S4 with software updates. That probably won't stop with series 9 though?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

101 posted:

The Series 4 is indeed getting watchOS 10 if that's what you're asking

Yes, thank you! Will continue to hold onto my watch then. I still wear it every single day and its one of the best pieces of tech ive bought.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kalman posted:

They really don’t assert offensively, minus the Samsung case. I work on patent litigation for a living, this case is less “hold the largest corporations accountable” and more “hold up the largest corporations so they have to pay us way more than the feature is worth”. Masimo’s a billion dollar corporation that’s made most of its money gouging medical providers, I don’t think anyone should approve of them trying to extend that into other economic sectors.

I was just coming into this thread to ask about how big of a deal this is in the grand scheme of things, and you seemed to answer my question.

But yeah, patents suck and just hurt everyone, and it’s interesting to see it finally hurt a corporation as massive as Apple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

xzzy posted:

Maybe apple should have stolen a better patent.

I am still blown away that Apple of all companies didn't get away with this. Its still funny.