Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

If my band wasn't poo poo, I'd only take it off when I went to bed because its usually around 50-75% drained, and I have a TON of notifications (I had to cut a bunch down).

It's really not a thing to take my watch off before I go to bed, as I have a watch stand/charger on my nightstand but I now take it off before showering.

Re: Band chat. My GF purchased a nice leather band from Grovemade and I didn't realize that you couldn't wear it in the shower It started to split down the middle after a few weeks. They graciously gave me a replacement but even that has split down 1 inch or so without water exposure. Recommendations for a nice, professional-looking band as opposed to the black rubber one used for workouts, etc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

IllegallySober posted:

In case anyone else has this issue- if you’ve uninstalled the Apple Calendar app, it’s apparently now required as of iOS14/watchOS7 to display the date. That’s real dumb, but whatever, it’s fixed.

Thank you! This has been driving me bonkers the past day or so. Agreed that its stupid as hell but at least there's a fix.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Can anyone recommend some apps outside of fitness and sleep. I'm currently trying out AutoSleep and SleepWatch, but I'm curious as to what people use for anything else useful for them. I don't mind paying for the most part, as long as it's useful.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Any recommendations for fast-charging docks beside the included Apple USB-C? I have an older dock that isn't too bad for trickle charging but charging in the morning quickly is something I'd like while showering.

I bought an Anker for my laptop because, Anker. Good for on the go I suppose, but not fast charging.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Duckman2008 posted:

Yeah it pisses me off too.

Cell usage on the watch is so minimal, it’s already basically free money.

If you’re on the premium plan it goes from $15 to $7.50.

Let me guess, if you upgrade your watch, that’s considered a “new” plan and you lose the grandfathered rate? It’ll make me more iffy about upgrading from U1 or just cancel cellular entirely. I guess we’ll see what happens this fall.