Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
I've recently come over to ios from Android for phones, partially because my spouse just did, partially because of theoretically better consumer privacy, muchly because I'd been looking for an excuse to do so because I own a ton of iOS audio apps from having had ipads for a decade and a half.

I got a watch SE used from a goon for a reasonable price, and even though the battery life did indeed turn out to be a deal breaker for me, the thing is just fundamentally so much more useful than the best WearOS device I tried (watch 6) that it makes me understand how far behind the android ecosystem really is on that front.

Apple gave me close to the same amount I'd paid for the the thing in trade in, so I decided to be stupid and get an Ultra 2, because I think I'm going to be unhappy with anything that can't outlast a 44mm Watch 6, and I just couldn't convince myself that any of the other apple watches do, the ultra 2 is twice the battery life of anything else. I don't mind charging stuff once a day but it's nice to be able to forget to do that and still have my alarm clock work. If I am going to wear one of these dumb things at all it needs to not be an obnoxious amount of mental overhead compared to the drawer full of completely fine $10-to-$50 dumb watches I have.

This thing costs more than I paid for my 14pro phone, or most of the computers I've owned in life :raise:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
Well, got the Ultra 2, updated to latest watch OS, transferred everything.

I have to admit I like it and I generally grow to hate devices within 48 hrs, but sometimes it takes 2 weeks so we'll see.

I was afraid it would be too big for my bird like wrists but it seems fine, and yes it's just a better ecosystem and overall much better experience than WearOS was. I could never get the loving slopes app on the Android side properly tracking my heart rate. Now I have printouts of my alpine runs showing my heart rate the whole time. Why this is useful? I don't know, it's probably not other than keeping an eye on my overall cardio health, but Data Is Beautful and all that.

Battery life seems great, too. I had to leave it on the charger to do the OS update so it got to a full 100, but I put it on at like 5 yesterday and I still have 85%. The "18 hour" Apple Watch I have was going from 100% to like 25% overnight.