Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

Modular for life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Rolo posted:

-It’s a 38mm and I’m a guy. That being said, my wrists are probably in the bottom 3% as far as size goes for healthy humans. I just have naturally tiny wrists and ankles, so this fits me perfectly. I’m assuming these watches are all unisex and after trying on my coworkers 42 I’m glad I got the smaller one. Will I be the only guy ever with one?

Hello thin-wristed friend. No, you won't be the only guy.

I don't know the answer to your #2, but for #3, you should probably wait. See if you actually need to enable the mobile network before doing so. It's kind of rare for most people to be out and about without their phones, so it's rarely an added value.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Have been accepted into the Heart Study thing and have not recorded any aberrant readings yet. :D

It’s pretty interesting to see the tech used this way. They are hoping to get n=500,000 which, if it happens, is a really impressive sample.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I think he's actually blasting LTE during those 4 hours. That would do it.

But if you just put four hours of music on the watch a S2 or S3 will get you through a mara with many hours to spare.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I take it you didn’t actually start a run in the app? It won’t poll the sensor often unless you do.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

tonic posted:

What’s up with this update taking like an hour to install? Are all updates this slow?

YUP. The watch hamsters work slowly.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I use a Belkin Powerhouse to charge the watch and phone. It has a nice weighted base and I’m happy with everything about it but the price ($80).

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Matt Zerella posted:

Also I'm just a beginner runner who's trying to run away unemployment depression and my god it just kicked my rear end.

Stick with it, it gets better :3:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
New, cheap, official, pick two

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

Let’s be real the s0 had a good run.

Only three years and a few months. Which isn’t great for an Apple product but I suppose not terrible for a first gen Apple product.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
It just works. Confusingly.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Any of my duders rocking the 38mm 🤔 messed around with it a bit and thought I’d dislike it more but it’s actually more dainty and still perfectly serviceable

Yes, of course, it fits quite nicely on my ladylike wrists.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
You can’t anymore, can you? I thought they stopped making the S2.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Yeah, it was too easy to do by accident.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

I don’t even bother.

I guess if you want to run without your phone you might but I always have mine so :shrug:

This is my only use case for it. Works fairly well and when it doesn't it's probably because of my ancient junk bluetooth earbuds.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

LODGE NORTH posted:

Two questions. Why does everything have �� in it these days?

The forum ran out of apostrophes.

Also, here is a neat essay about why so many of the watch faces are ineffective... it kind of explains why I settled on Modular about a week after I got my S0 and have never changed since. For all the faces out there, only 2-3 are actually good.

https://marco.org/2018/10/09/infograph-legibility

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
The stand ring is practically a freebie!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Ultimate Mango posted:

I don’t know if that better or worse than the one hundred eighteen thousand active calorie goal for October, which I came nowhere close to meeting.

no one said it was going to be easy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I ate sidewalk at a running pace and scratched the hell out of my S0 back in the day.

You get used to it.