Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I usually rotate between modular, utility, and a photos face with a bunch of kid pics. I really like the idea of the Siri face, but it needs some work. It also needs to stop throwing the now-listening card up into recent even though I’m still listening to a thing.

Edit: I also wish that there was a small complication for now playing. Wasn’t that a thing in the betas or something?

ManSedan fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Nov 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4

dissss posted:

You need to turn it quite a long way. Do you have the switch for it in Settings - General - Wake Screen?

Doesn’t work on my Series 1 either and no such setting. Oh well!

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Wow dictation on my watch (s1) has taken a complete poo poo. Takes forever to bring up, then if it even does manage to display text it’s usually wrong. Most of the time I’ll get a failed message even if I’m right next to my phone, on WiFi.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Yeah this is what I use as well. Works great, but once you stick it down with the sticky pad, hope you don't have to move it. It sticks so well that it tears the pad in half when you try to pry it up.

I use that kind of stand and just stuck it on a blocky paperweight. Keeps it in place despite my cat or flailing morning arm, but its also not permanently attached to my bedside table.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4

eddiewalker posted:

try restoring your watch if you haven’t done so since 2016. It might fix all the poo poo.

My Series 1 is kinda sluggish. Is the full process to unpair, reset, restore from backup? Or is there another step I need to take?

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Speaking of complications, the solar face has two now. There also appears to be a little dot thing in the top center that opens Now Playing.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Does the raise for Siri thing work on series 1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Anyone else with a Series 1 find their battery life in the toilet since the update? Mine can’t make it past 3pm.